If you are still here reading, there is only one thing to do. Scroll up, pick that one gaming laptop under 1500 you like, and click “Check price.” You will be sent to Amazon where you can read customer reviews, get more information, and if you decide to buy it from Amazon, I receive a small commission that will help this site to continue to grow and provide information about the best gaming laptop deals. No matter what laptop you go for, if you pick one from the list, you can be happy that you just got one of the best gaming laptops under 1500.
Best Gaming Laptop Under 1500 – The Razor Blade is the best choice if you want a versatile machine, but it’s not so different performance-wise than, say, the ROG. If refresh rates and silken graphics are your ideas of a great gaming computer, then the Predator might be more suited to you, but the average gamer probably won’t appreciate the 156Hz difference. In terms of build quality, the Alienware M15 is leagues ahead, but if you just want the best cost/performance ratio, the MSI is 100% the way to go.
If this list’s proved anything, it’s that you don’t need to remortgage your house and sell your car to fund some truly mind-blowing gaming laptops. You may have noticed a lot of similarities between some of these laptops, and that’s because manufacturers like to pack in as much tech as is fiscally viable. It can make choosing a laptop a confusing process, but the good news is that there really aren’t any wrong answers
It is your preference that matters; whether you are a display person or a performance person.
With this detailed review, I am sure you’ll be able to find one for yourself.
If we have missed any of your favorites or you have any feedback, do let us know in the comment section below. We love to talk to you!
1.MSI GL65 Leopard
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor (6-Core, 2.6 GHz Upto 4.8 GHz, 12 MB Cache), 16GB DDR4 Memory, 512GB PCIe SSD
- 15.6" FHD IPS-Level 144Hz 72%NTSC Thin Bezel close to 100%Srgb, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8G GDDR6
- 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet, WiFi 6 - 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.0, Card Reader, HD Audio with Stereo Speakers, Webcam
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 3 x USB 3.2 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Mini Display Port, 1 x Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack, 1 x RJ-45
- Full-size Island-style RGB Backlit Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 51WHr 6-cell lithium_ion, 5.78lb, Black
back to menu ↑
2.ASUS ROG Strix G15
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost (Base: 1260MHz, Boost: 1455MHz, 115W)
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H Processor
- 240Hz 3ms 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 2933MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
- ROG Aura Sync System with RGB Keyboard, Logo, and Light Bar
- Gig+ Wi-Fi 6 & Bluetooth 5.0 | ROG Easy Upgrade Design
- Bundle: Get 30 days of Xbox Game Pass for PC with purchase*
back to menu ↑
- 【Upgraded】Seal is opened for upgrade only, 1-Year warranty on Upgraded RAM/SSD from Snow Bell, and original 1-Year Manufacture warranty on remaining components. 【15.6" FHD IPS Display】1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity, Anti-Glare Energy-efficient LED-LCD screen.
- 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300HF Processor, Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- 16GB DDR4 RAM, Plenty of high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 512GB PCIe SSD Save files fast and store more data. With plenty amounts of storage and advanced communication power, great for major gaming, multiple servers, backups, and more.
- Backlit Keyboard, Allows you to enjoy comfortable and accurate typing, even in dim lighting. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics Driven by 4GB dedicated video memory provide solid image quality for Internet use, movies, basic photo editing and casual gaming. Dolby Audio with 2 x 1.5W speakers & Built-in HD webcam with dual array microphone.
- Windows 10 Home included. 3-Cell Lithium-ion polymer battery. 14.29" x 10.12" x 0.94", 4.84 lbs. 2x USB 3.0 Type A Ports, 1x USB 3.0 Type C Port, 1x HDMI, 1x Headphone/Microphone Combo. Wireless-AC + Bluetooth, Black, Bonus 32GB SnowBell USB Card.
back to menu ↑
- More power: The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0 GHz max turbo and 6 cores.
- Ray-tracing: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design is powered by the NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture and brings cinematic-quality rendering to the most visually intense games.
- More frames: Incredible performance paired with the fast 144Hz 15. 6" full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win.
- Thin and compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0.78" thin.
- Ready to connect: Fully loaded with Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3, USB type-A and type-C ports, and HDMI, for a desktop-class experience
- Make it yours: Customize the backlight color of the keyboard with Razer Chroma, and expand the memory and storage, making the Razer Blade 15 uniquely yours.
back to menu ↑
5.HP OMEN 17
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Type: Core i7
- Processor Model: i7-10750H
- Processor Core: Hexa-core (6 Core)
- Processor Speed: 2.60 GHz
back to menu ↑
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor at 1.3GHz, turbo up to 3.9Ghz; Windows 10 Home
- 4GB NVIDIA GeForce MX250 Graphics; 15.6" Touchscreen WLED-backlit Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080) Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz SDRAM; 1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive; No Optical Drive
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 (2x2/160) Gig+ and Bluetooth 5.0; HP Wide Vision HD Webcam with Integrated Dual Digital Microphone
- Full-size island-style Cloud Blue backlit keyboard with numeric keypad; B&O Play Audio with Dual Speakers
back to menu ↑
7.CUK MSI GF65
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H Six Core Processor (12MB Cache, 2.6GHz-4.5GHz) 45W
- RAM: 64GB DDR4 2666MHz | Hard Drive: 2TB NVMe Solid State Drive
- Keyboard: Single Backlight with Anti-Ghost Key + Silver Lining | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 | Display: 15.6" Full HD 120Hz IPS-Level Thin Bezel Display (1920 x 1080)
- 64GB RAM + 2TB NVMe SSD Upgrades | 3-Year CUK Limited Warranty (View warranty section below for more details.)
back to menu ↑
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB Graphics with ROG Boost
- 8-core AMD Ryzen 7 4800H Processor 45W (8M Cache, up to 4.2GHz)
- 15.6” FHD (1920x1080) 144Hz IPS-Type display
- 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Windows 10 Home
- 90WHr battery | Up to 8.7 hours web browsing and up to 12.3 hours video playback
- Durable MIL-STD-810H military standard construction
- Self cleaning dual fans with anti-dust technology to extend system longevity
- RGB backlit keyboard rated for 20-million keystroke durability
- Easy Upgrade Design | Easily add or replace memory and storage
- Gigabit Wave 2 Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
back to menu ↑
9.Alienware 15 R3
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ 3.5 GHz Processor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory
- 16GB DDR4 included; 32GB maximum
- 128GB SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200Rpm
- 15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits Display [FHD]
- Windows 10 home operating system with Microsoft signature image; silver
back to menu ↑
10.2019 Dell G3
- The powerful 9th Generation Intel Core i5-9300H Processor @ 2.40GHz(4 Cores, 8M Cache, up to 4.10 GHz), With ultra-low-voltage platform and quad-core, eight-way processing, provides maximum high-efficiency power to go. The Intel Turbo Boost technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it.
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlit Non-touch Narrow Border WVA Display boasts impressive color and clarity. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics backed by 6GB GDDR6 dedicated video memory for an ultrafast, advanced GPU to fuel your games.
- 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 Memory for full-power multitasking; 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD for faster performance and better reliability; Pci-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more.
- 802.11 Wireless-AC + Bluetooth, 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit; backlit keyboard for easy typing in dim or dark locations.
back to menu ↑
Best Gaming Laptop Under 1500 – BUYER’S GUIDE
Sorry to break your bubble, but for gaming laptops, GPU is far more important than CPU as most of the games are GPU-bound. There are tons of GPU options available these days for gaming laptops, but you need to choose wisely as a GPU can break or make the deal.
For entry-level gaming, I recommend a laptop having GTX 1650 or GTX 1660ti. And, for mainstream gaming, you are good to go with Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060. If you are a gamer that enjoys the highest settings, don’t settle for anything less than RTX 2070 or RTX 2080.
Storage and Ram
Storage is not a big deal these days. You can have both SSD and HDD on a single machine, and that is what I recommend. Have at least 128GB SSD on your gaming laptop, rest leave it to the HDD that can be 1TB or more. Storage is easily upgradable, so don’t run your mind on it.
Games are RAM demanding, no doubt. Therefore RAM is a very important factor. I recommend 8GB RAM as necessary for entry-level gaming. But, for GPUs like Nvidia GTX 2060 or higher, a 16GB RAM would be suitable. There are expansion slots available on gaming laptops, so you can get an 8GB RAM laptop and upgrade it later if you need it.
Display and Resolution
If you are truly a gaming geek, you’ll consider display as the last thing. But, if you are not intending on connecting external gaming monitors or screens, display plays a significant role. Obviously, you don’t want to play on a dim and unpleasant screen.back to menu ↑
Screen size is mostly a personal preference. Most gaming laptops come with 15 to 17 inches screens. There are some rare options of 18 inches and 14 inches available too. Straightforwardly, go for a screen size that you are comfortable with. However, keep in mind, the bigger the screen, the heavier the laptop.back to menu ↑
Gaming laptops offer Full HD (1920 x 1080p) with 60Hz, which is absolutely enough for all types of gamers. There are faster displays available too such as at 144Hz and 240Hz for smooth gameplay. However, you must be needing a better GPU to run on that refresh rate.back to menu ↑
Let’s get it straight on the table, never go for anything less than 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, never! If you are into a better display, you can also go for 4K displays, but it comes with a bigger price tag as well.
Most of the time, CPU is a one-time decision because CPUs aren’t upgradeable. And, for that matter, try going for the latest and powerful option that fits in your budget. I recommend the Core i7 CPU for gaming purposes works perfect, you can go with the Core i9 as well, but it has some heating issues, or Core i5 isn’t a bad option for entry-level gaming as well.back to menu ↑
Pick the right GPU
I have already talked quite a bit about picking the right graphics card in the buying guide of my list of the best gaming laptops under $1000. If you haven’t already, read it to understand why you need to look for a current and dedicated GPU in your next gaming laptop under $1500, or any gaming laptop for that matter.
In this price range, you should get the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card or better. The Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 is a strong GPU that can run most games with high frame rates on high or ultra graphics settings.
In some rare cases, you can get a gaming laptop with the Nvidia GeForce 2070 for under $1500, but you might have to sacrifice performance in another part of the notebook to get a GPU as powerful as the Nvidia GeForce 2070.
The MSI GL65 Leopard is an example of a laptop that is sometimes available for less than $1500 with the Nvidia RTX 2070. It has excellent gaming performance, but it has quite load fans and lacks a Thunderbolt 3 port.
There are also many gaming laptops with GPUs weaker than the Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060, like the Nvidia 1060. Ignore these as you can get much better gaming performance for the money.back to menu ↑
Get at least 16GB RAM
If you have $1500 to spend, make sure you get a gaming laptop with at least 16GB RAM. Then you can be assured you won’t have any lag even if you run many applications at once or simply have too many tabs open on your web browser.back to menu ↑
Intel Core i7-10750H – The standard CPU in the price range
The 10th generation Intel Core i7 10750H is the most common processor in the best gaming laptops under 1500 dollars. It has an impressive CPUmark score of 12696 and will handle any demanding program like a breeze. An alternative to the Intel Core i7 processor is the AMD Ryzen 7 processor. When it comes to overall performance, Ryzen processors are often just as strong or even more powerful than the latest Intel Core i7 CPUs.back to menu ↑
Get an SSD for super-fast load and boot times
A solid-state drive will help speed up your laptop tremendously. With the right SSD loading programs and games will be near-instant. It also lowers the time it takes for the laptop to start up. Check out the difference an SSD can make to the boot times of a laptop:
A regular hard drive (HDD) is still standard in gaming laptops under $1500 if you want to save a lot of files. That’s why manufacturers usually combine a fast SSD for the programs you want to load quickly and an HDD for when you want to save files.back to menu ↑
Make sure it’s doesn’t run too hot
A common issue in gaming laptops is overheating. With powerful hardware made for gaming, all cramped in a small laptop chassis, there’s no doubt that it will get warm. If you don’t mind some added noise, you can easily solve it with just around 20 bucks. An external laptop fan, if it gets warm on the sides, can help. And if it’s too hot underneath, a laptop cooling pad is a great solution for hot laptops.back to menu ↑
Be aware of short battery life
Almost all gaming laptops have a sub par battery. Be prepared to compromise on battery life for better gaming performance. So, if you go for a powerful gaming laptop, don’t expect running demanding games on battery for extended periods. The standard battery life in a gaming laptop is only a few hours of gaming before you need to charge it again.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
So, What is the Absolute Best Gaming Laptop Under 1500 Bucks?
Well if we have to pick just ONE, we’d have to go with the Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop. A trustworthy brand, good price, and some top-tier tech put this one right to at the top of our holiday wish list.
Is $1,500 too rich for your blood? Check out our other guides on laptops:back to menu ↑
If you want the best in laptop gaming for an affordable price, then a gaming laptop under $1500 is your choice!
In this price range, you should expect a powerful processor like the Intel Core i7-10750H.
16+ GB fast RAM. A high end dedicated graphics card like the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 for stunning graphics. And an SSD for super-fast load times.
All perfect for running the latest games at silky smooth 60+ fps.
I have spent hours researching and analyzing every recommended laptop for under 1500. Not only that, but I also found some hidden nuggets that no other sites suggest with some very impressive hardware for the price.
So just sit back and relax. Here are the best gaming laptops under 1500: