Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 – With this list of the best gaming laptops under $500, make sure you get the most suitable among them and have the best gaming experience of your life!
It is suggested that let us know which one you picked in the comments below and share this article with your friends on social media.
A laptop is a great investment, considering that you have to spend a few hundred dollars to get one.
Therefore, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind before buying the best gaming laptop in this budget.
the blog is over. All the products mentioned here rated as the Best gaming laptop under 500 dollars. So no more lame excuses to avoid them, search and find the suitable one according to your own needs. I wish you luck on laptop hunt. Hope you get the best one.back to menu ↑
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics deliver powerful performance for everyday tasks
- Dopoundsy Audio delivers crystal-clear sound, while the 14-inch FHD screen and narrow side bezels give you more viewing area and less clutter
- Quick and quiet with Q-control – Effortlessly swap between fast & powerful performance and quiet battery saving mode
- Connect with ease using Bluetooth 4.1, up to 2x2 Wi-Fi 5, three USB ports, and HDMI
- Keep your privacy intact with a physical shutter for your webcam. You'll enjoy privacy right at your fingertips
- System RAM Type: DDR4 SDRAM
back to menu ↑
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 8GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; Hard Drive is upgraded to 128GB PCIe Solid State Drive to allow faster bootup and data transfer. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY. If the computer has modifications (listed above), then the manufacturer box is opened for it to be tested and inspected and to install the upgrades to achieve the specifications as advertised.
- 【Processor】Intel Celeron N4205U 1.8GHz Dual-Core Processor 2MB Cache
- 【Display】15.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display
- 【Operating System】 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
- 【Accessory Included】Oydisen Microfiber, Authorized Sellers ONLY
back to menu ↑
- 【15.6” High-definition Screen 】HP 15.6-inch diagonal HD Screen (1366 x 768), SVA, BrightView, micro-edge, WLED-backlit. Marxsol Accessories including HDMI Cable, USB extension cord and Mouse Pad for Home, Student, Professionals, Small Business, School Education, and Commercial Enterprise, Online Class, Google Classroom, Remote Learning, Zoom Ready.
- 【AMD Ryzen 3 3250U】2.6 GHz base clock, up to 3.5 GHz max boost clock, 1 MB L2 cache, 2 cores, Beats intel i5-7200U Performace, Ultra-low-voltage platform. Dual-core, two-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- 【 8GB DDR4 RAM + 128GB SSD +1TB HDD】 Plenty of high-bandwidth 8GB RAM to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 128GB solid state drive + 1TB HDD. While offering less storage space than a hard drive, a flash-based SSD has no moving parts, resulting in faster start-up times and data access, no noise, and reduced heat production and power draw on the battery.
- 【 Windows 10 】Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen. Ready for Online Class, Webex, Zoom, Google Meeting
- 【 Authorized Marxsol Bundle 】 14.10 x 9.50 x 0.70 Inches, 3.83 lbs. 1x power connector; 1 multi-format SD media card reader, 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C 5Gbps signaling rate; 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 RJ-45; 1 AC smart pin; 1 headphone/microphone combo. Wireless-AC + Bluetooth, Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, Silver + Marxsol Cable Accessories Included
back to menu ↑
- 【AMD Ryzen 3 3200U】Integrated with AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics, the powerful AMD Ryzen 3 3200U processor runs from 2.6 GHz up to 3.5 GHz, 2 Cores, 4 Threads, 4MB L3 Cache. Get more done faster on a reliable laptop that can keep up with your everyday tasks.
- 【15.6" Full HD Widescreen IPS】15.6 inch Full HD Widescreen (1920 x 1080) LED backlight IPS Display. Give you the space and clarity you need to get your work done.
- 【128GB PCIe NVMe SSD】SSD makes all the difference in day-to-day tasks from booting up to uploading and downloading files which perform substantially faster than it would with your standard HDD. PCI-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more.
- 【Upgraded to 8GB DDR4 SDRAM】Reams of high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and video-editing applications, as well as numerous programs and browser tabs all at once.
- 【Multiple Ports and Accessories】1 USB 3.1, 2 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI with HDCP Support, Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45), WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth, 2 Stereo Speakers, HD Webcam, Built-in Microphone, Backlit Keyboard, Up to 7 Hours Battery Life, Windows 10 in S mode and switch out to Windows 10 Home for free, come with GalliumPi MousePad.
back to menu ↑
- 【12.2 Inch Laptop】12.2 inch FHD WUXGA LED Display (1920 x 1200) with Touch Screen Panel with built-in 720p camera, Intel HD Graphics 400
- 【Dual-Core m3-7Y30】 Intel Core m3 Processor 7Y30 (1.00 GHz up to 2.60 GHz, 4 MB L3 Cache), 2-cell lithium-ion, up to 8 hours battery life mixed-use
- 【High Speed】RAM is upgraded to 4GB memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once
- 【Enormous Space】Hard Drive is upgraded to 64GB eMMC provides massive storage space for huge files, so that you can store important digital data and work your way through it with ease. Enhance the overall performance of the laptop for business, student, daily usage
- 【NexiGo Bundle】 Bundled with NexiGo 32GB MicroSD Card, offers cost-effective portable solution instantly boosting available storage space for your laptop, Sellers ONLY. 2 x USB-C, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x MicroSD Multi-media Card Reader, 1 x Headphone out/Mic-in Combo. 1-Year NexiPC Limited Warranty | View description and warranty section below for more details.
back to menu ↑
- 15.6 inch full HD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Intel core i3-8145U processor (4M Cache, upto 3.9 GHz)
- 8GB RAM and 128GB M.2 SSD; Windows 10 in S mode (switchable to windows 10 home)
- Ergonomic backlit chiclet keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows hello.Bluetooth 4.1
- Exclusive Ergolift design for an improved typing position
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C , USB 3.1 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) (USB transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
back to menu ↑
- 14inch IPS 250nits Glossy FHD (1920x1080) Touchscreen Display with 360 Hinge, AMD Radeon Graphics
- AMD Quad Core Ryzen 3 4300U Processor Up to 3.7GHz, 4GB DDR4 Ram, 128GB M.2 NVMe SSD
- 802.11ac LAN, Bluetooth, 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1x USB-C 3.1, 1x HDMI, 1x Combo Headphone / Microphone Jack, Microphones, SD Card Reader
- Dolby Audio DAX3 Speakers, 720P Camera with Privacy Shutter and Dual Array
- Windows 10 Home OS
back to menu ↑
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8265U Quad-Core; 1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Beautiful 17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900); Display Resolution 1600 x 900;Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 8GB DDR4 RAM for full-power multitasking; 256GB PCIe SSD; Solid State Drive (PCI-e) Save files fast and store more data. With massive amounts of storage and advanced communication power, PCI-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more. Get up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive.
- Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n (1x1), Blacktooth, 1 USB 2.0; 2 USB 3.1; 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 headphone/microphone combo
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.Jet Black
back to menu ↑
- HP Chromebook, 2-in-1, 14C-CA0053DX, i3-10110U, 8GB, 64GB, S
back to menu ↑
- Plus Chromebooks offer fast performance, smooth video calls and ample storage.
- The 14 inch Full HD Touchscreen NanoEdge display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMM4GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x USB Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit keyboard (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)C storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x USB Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit keyboard (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- The lightweight (3 lbs) all-aluminum metal body makes the C434 both durable and beautiful for a timeless look that will never go out of style
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and a 12-month Google One trial that gives you additional storage across Gmail, Google Drive and Google Photos
back to menu ↑
Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
The processor is the most crucial part of any computing system. It determines how fast your computer will process data. It can have a great impact on how smoothly your games run and how well you can play. Therefore, it is necessary to look at the processor before spending your money on a laptop. Generally, most of the high-end games recommend at least the Core-i5 processor to handle the games properly. However, it does not mean that you can not play games with an older processor. You still can, but the experience will not be as good as in core i5.
In a $500 budget, this is more or less what you will find in most of the laptops. Any newer version would cost you way more. Hence, it is essential that you choose the fastest processor that you can within your budget.
The next most important thing that determines your gameplay experience is the graphics card. You need a dedicated graphics card to enjoy smoother gameplay with a higher framerate to make it buttery smooth.
Typically, you get an Integrated Graphics unit in a budget like this one. However, you can still find laptops that offer a better graphics card. Therefore, a graphics card and the RAM combined with it is what will determine the smoothness of your games. Modern 3D games require an excellent dedicated graphics card to enjoy games at high settings.
Picking the right graphic card for the gaming laptop is hard so make sure you keep a decent graphic card at the top of your priority list. NVIDIA or AMD graphic cards are enough for most popular games available today.
The third most important thing is the RAM of a computer. The greater the RAM, the more data a computer can store while playing games and load it up faster. It prevents the gameplay from feeling laggy and glitchy.
How Much Ram Do I Need in My Gaming Laptop? Check out HP Tech Takes which has covered all the topics related to it.
In a $500 budget, you will see that most of the laptops offer 8 GB of RAM. This is the bare minimum requirement in 2021. Anything low would have a negative impact on your gaming experience. Also, DDR4 RAM is better than the older ones, so make sure you get hold of one of these.
Does more RAM improve laptop gaming experience? Check out the video:
Display and Resolution
Another significant factor that you need to keep in mind before buying a laptop is the display and resolution. A screen with a brighter display and more vivid colors would make the experience much more enjoyable. Similarly, with a greater pixel density, you would be able to see a crisper image. It can also assist you in gaming where colors assist you, for instance, in determining enemies.
Plus an HD screen will have a far greater impact on how good your favorite games look like.
Moreover, you can also find touch screen laptops within the same budget. However, although it is a matter of personal preference, I would still not recommend getting one as a touch screen is not as functional in professional gaming, and it decreases the overall display quality too.
The capacity and the type of storage that comes with the laptop is also something you need to take into account. After all, the high-end games in 2019 are anywhere between 50-100 GB. Some even go over 100 GB. Therefore, you need sufficient capacity to store all these games along with other personal data on your laptop.
The next thing that you need to see is what type of storage comes with the laptop. It is highly recommended that you choose a laptop with an SSD rather than an HDD as these have higher transfer rates and can make the loading times considerably faster. Nevertheless, if you choose an SSD, you need at least 256 GB of storage. On the other hand, if you choose an HDD, you need at least 500 GB of storage. These are considering the fact that you only play a few games.
Connectivity and Battery
The last significant thing that you need to consider is the connectivity options with the laptop and battery time. You need a laptop that has sufficient options for connectivity, especially one that comes with USB Type-C port as it is becoming the standard now. Ethernet port, HDMI port, SD card reader, are some other ports that you might have to look into.
Next, you need a laptop that has a decent battery life. You don’t plug in the laptop after every couple of hours as it is very inconvenient and totally kills the purpose of the laptop if you have to stay at a place and have it plugged in. Anything over 3 hours of gaming would be good enough at this price bracket.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Core-i5 processor good for gaming?
In 2019, Core-i5 processors are a bare minimum requirement for most of the games. Therefore, it is good enough to enjoy the game.
How much RAM is mandatory for gaming?
There is no such thing as mandatory for gaming. You can play games with any reasonable RAM. However, from a gaming perspective, you need at least 8 GB of RAM to run games smoothly.
What is the best company to get a dedicated graphics card from?
Although highly debatable, the top companies that make the best graphics cards for gaming are Nvidia and AMD.
Can you run games without a dedicated graphic card?
Yes. You can run games without a dedicated graphics card but at lower settings and a lower frame rate, comparatively.
How to upgrade RAM and storage on a laptop?
The procedure can be different for different laptops. However, the general method is to open the compartment beneath the laptop and replace or add the parts you want to. Make sure you do not damage the laptop in the process.
The super competitive industry and this technological era mean that we can enjoy our favorite games without needing to spend a thousand dollars or over.
This article will showcase the best gaming laptops under 500 dollars.