Best Laptop for 3d Rendering – Selecting the best laptop or workstation for 3D modeling isn’t as easy as it seems. You need to take care of several aspects while understanding the technical superiorities and inadequacies of select processing modules before moving ahead with the selection.
After reviewing all these devices that are pretty capable in their own respective ways, we have decide to name the Acer Predator Helios 300 as the most recommended laptop for 3D modeling and designing.
If you want to set all speculations aside and concentrate on an all-encompassing device, the Asus ROG Zephyrus M is a pretty competent selection.
For workstation seekers, HP Zbook 15 G5 is a perfect choice.
Moreover, if you are looking for a bigger screen real-estate without compromising on performance, readily opt for the Dell G7 17.
Last but not least, if you are novice and new to 3D modeling and CAD, a portable convertible in Microsoft Surface Book 2 is also up for grabs.
It comes with all the heavy and required features as the processing power and RAM memory are in abundance. Gamers will also enjoy the company of this laptop as well as the 3D artists.
All the devices in this list are pretty good performers and you can choose the most suitable device for you according to your needs, requirements and budget. They all vary in their price, performance and features. Good Luck!back to menu ↑
- Professional-grade performance: 10th Generation Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, 1 TB SSD, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics for professional-level performance
- Extreme durability: Durable laptop build that meets military standards, giving you protection and peace of mind wherever you go
- Stunning display: 15.6-inch UHD OLED main touchscreen display and full-width ScreenPad Plus touchscreen offer 4K dual-screen computer interaction
- Optimized design: Sleek ErgoLift design elevates laptop for optimized cooling, enhanced audio performance, and improved typing position
- Convenient and comfortable layout: LED NumberPad and separate palm rest add comfort and convenience
- Professional level stylus: Active stylus lets you comfortably draw or take handwritten notes
back to menu ↑
2.Acer Predator Helios
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Upto 4. 5 gramHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M. 2 Slots | 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- Backlit Keyboard | LAN: Killer Gaming Network E2500 | Wireless: Killer DoubleShot Pro Wireless-AX 1650 WiFi 6 802. 11ac | 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
back to menu ↑
- 15.6" FHD IPS-Level 144Hz 72%NTSC Thin Bezel close to 100%Srgb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8G GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6-5.0GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2 x 2 ax)
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
- USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C 1 USB 3.2 Gen1 3 Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining 720p HD Webcam
- Win10 Multi-language Giant Speakers 3W x 2 6 cell (51Wh) Li-Ion 230W
back to menu ↑
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6 (Base 1080 MHz Boost 1305 MHz TDP 90W)
- Latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H Hexa-core Processor
- 240Hz 3ms 15 6” Full HD (1920x1080) IPS Type Pantone Validated Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home | Gigabit Wave 2 Wi-Fi 5 (802 11ac 2x2)
- Ultra-slim 15’’ metal chassis gaming laptop 18 9mm thin 4 4poundss
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with dual 12V fans anti-dust technology and adjustable fan modes
- ROG Aura Sync System with RGB Keyboard
back to menu ↑
- GeForce RTX 3060: NVIDIA’s 2nd gen RTX—with new RT Cores, Tensor Cores, and streaming multiprocessors to give the most realistic ray-traced graphics and improved performance.
- More Power: The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0GHz Max Turbo and 6 cores.
- FHD 144Hz: Incredible performance paired with the fast 144Hz 15.6" Full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win.
- Thin and Compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0.78" thin.
- Ready To Connect: Fully loaded with Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3, USB Type-A and Type-C ports, and HDMI, for a desktop-class experience
- Make It Yours: Customize the backlight color of the keyboard with Razer Chroma, and expand the memory and storage, making the Razer Blade 15 uniquely yours.
back to menu ↑
- 15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) 120Hz 250 nits WVA Anti- Glare LED Backlit Narrow Border Display
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10300H (8MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 4 cores)
- 8GB 2933MHz DDR4 , 512 GB M.2 [PCIe] NVMe (SSD)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4 GB GDDR6
- 802.11ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 5.0
back to menu ↑
- Perfectly sized 15.6" display with ultra-thin bezels and an incredible 89% screen-to-body ratio for productivity and creative tasks | This ultra-high performance powerhouse is less than 1" thick, weighs less than 5-lbs, and housed in a compact, durable CNC aluminum alloy black chassis, perfect for creative professionals and gamers on-the-go
- Eye-catching Samsung 4K UHD AMOLED display with VESA DisplayHDR 400 True Black Standard for more realistic imagery, higher contrast, and true-blacks | 100% DCI-P3 wide color gamut and super fast 1-ms display response time | Individually factory-calibrated and color accuracy within Delta E
- Up to 8-hours of battery life (PCMark 10) to get you through an entire day's work without plugging in for greater work mobility and productivity | Exclusive, built-in Microsoft Azure AI to intelligently optimize hardware profiles to match your daily usage for the most efficient power and battery usage
- Equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6GB GDDR6) for accelerating and optimizing graphic-intensive creative apps, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Maya, Blender, etc. | Powered by the latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H for faster photo and 4K video editing efficiency and high gaming performance
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz dual channel memory (8GBx2) for increased multitasking productivity and 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD (2x NVMe storage slots total) for accessing files at lightning speeds, while safely storing all of your large-scale creations and projects
- Expand your creative studio with outputs of up to 3 external displays (via HDMI, Mini-DP, and 1x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports) and a 300MB/s UHS-II SD Card Reader | Connect up to 9 external accessories without the need for an adapter | Killer Ethernet E2600 + Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX 1650 with up to 2.4Gbps transfer speed to upload and transfer multiple, large-scale files without limitations
- Gigabyte exclusive Supra Cool 2 cooling system for 30% more cooling efficiency for smoother performance and seamless multi-tasking work flow under heavy gaming or multimedia loadings
- Highly receptive full area backlit GIGABYTE RGB Fusion 2.0 keyboard with numpad and full macro per-key customization with multiple design software compatibilities for the best multimedia experience | Built-in fingerprint reader for rapid, secure logins and high privacy protection with Windows Hello
- Listen to your favorite work playlist with built-in high-power stereo speakers for increased volume and enhanced sound experience (93dBA louder than typical laptop speakers) | NAHIMIC 3 3D surround sound for full game and movie immersion with rich, vibrant details when paired with the world's best headphones
- Windows 10 Home | Gigabyte 1-Year Global Warranty
back to menu ↑
- A new dimension of gaming performance awaits - with 9th-generation Intel Core i5 processors, the IdeaPad L340 gaming has the power you need to outshoot, outrun, and outsmart anyone. Includes 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB NVMe SSD
- Take it to the next level - With the latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics behind you, you can tame the hottest titles with faster, smoother, and more power-efficient gameplay. Plus, the 15.6-Inch screen delivers a stunning full HD IPS Display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- A portal to a new sound dimension - hardwired into every Idea Pad L340 gaming is advanced Dopoundsy audio technology. Take your mobile gaming experience to another dimension and have a real blast along the way
- Control your own fate - Game in 'quick' Mode or work in 'quiet' Mode. It's your call with a simple function setting that lets you shift gears between modes, instantly.
- Final product may vary slightly from image
back to menu ↑
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Active cooling system sustains incredible performance
- 13.3-inch Retina display with 500 nits of brightness for vibrant colors and incredible image detail
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
back to menu ↑
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8650U (quad-core) with up to 4.20 GHz Max Turbo
- Memory: 8GB RAM 1866Mhz LPDDR3
- Storage: 256GB Solid State Drive. Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete GPU w/2GB GDDR5 graphics memory
- Display: 13.5-inch PixelSense Display, 10-Point Multi-Touch G5 (3000x2000) 267 PPI
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for 3d Rendering – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
What are the Minimum & Recommended System Requirements?
When you’re looking for a 3D laptop, not any model will do. It needs to have specific features and specs to ensure it’s suitable for the job.
When you’re working on 3D modeling and rendering, you’ll run some heavy software. You might work with Blender, Revit, 3DS Max, or another similar software.
For your computer to handle these demanding tools, it will need a robust, powerful CPU. Slower laptops for everyday use won’t cut it.
Don’t think that you can skimp on this factor. It will only cause you frustration rather than saving you any money.
The next essential factor is a superb GPU. There are two reasons for this:
- Firstly, it takes some of the stress off the CPU. That will allow your computer to run more smoothly.
- Creating detailed 3D images is a challenging process. It requires a powerhouse GPU to achieve good results.
When it comes to the minimum systems requirements, here’s what I recommend.
But if you have the budget, I would splash out on a computer with the recommended requirements. These specs will give the optimal performance.back to menu ↑
How Much RAM do I need for 3D rendering?
If you’re just getting started with 3D rendering, I would recommend a laptop with at least 16GB of RAM.
But the more RAM you have, the more smoothly your computer will run. A high RAM lets your computer access information quickly.
So, if you’re running several apps at once or heavy programs, you’ll need all the RAM you can get. That is especially true for professional 3D modeling and rendering.
The more advanced your software and processes are, the higher RAM you should have. If you take 3D rendering seriously, go for a computer with at least 32 GB of RAM.
You won’t regret making this investment in your tech.back to menu ↑
Is a gaming laptop good for 3D rendering?
You might be wondering if a gaming laptop is good for 3D rendering. There are a short answer and a long answer to that question.
In short, a gaming laptop is suitable for most 3D rendering, as it has the powerful GPU required. So if you’re learning the ropes, you can get started with a gaming laptop.
But when it comes to the most advanced 3D rendering, even a gaming laptop won’t cut it.
At this level, we’re talking about professional software and AI-assisted rendering. That requires greater customizability and a more robust CPU than gaming computers provide.
Gaming isn’t as demanding on the CPU. So, gaming laptops won’t have the most powerful CPU.
So, in this case, you should look for a workstation laptop instead. This type of computer packs enough power in the CPU and the GPU to handle 3D rendering with ease.back to menu ↑
The Pros and cons of using a laptop for 3D rendering
If you’re choosing a new computer for 3D rendering, you might wonder whether to go for a laptop or desktop computer.
Laptops have improved a lot in recent years, with some very powerful models around now.
So, what are the pros and cons of using a laptop for 3D rendering?
One of the biggest pros of a laptop is portability. This factor allows you to travel and work from anywhere.
It could be as simple as working on your project while commuting or from your favorite cafe. Or, you could even become a digital nomad and work from an exotic location like Bali.
You can also meet with clients and show them samples from your laptop. It makes it much simpler to update them on your progress.
A laptop is more lightweight, compact, and portable than a desktop.
But to get the power and specs necessary for 3D rendering, you’ll have to spend a lot on a laptop. Workstation computers will often work out less expensive.back to menu ↑
What’s the Difference Between a Desktop and Laptop for 3D Rendering?
Laptop and desktop computers differ in several ways when it comes to 3D rendering.
3D rendering is a time-consuming process that can take anywhere from hours to days. The intensive work causes your computer to heat up, which can be a problem for many laptops.
Because of their design, laptops often don’t have a built-in cooling system. Desktop computers are much more efficient at cooling down to prevent overheating.
If you’re embarking on a lengthy 3D rendering project, you could cause your laptop to burn out. That’s why I recommend a desktop for bigger projects.
A laptop is suited to small 3D rendering tasks you can do on the go. But for the heavy work, it’s better to rely on a workstation computer.
Secondly, laptops tend to rely more on HDD storage, which isn’t optimal for rendering.
Desktop computers tend to have more storage space. Plus, you can add extra storage if necessary.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the most important feature to look in a laptop for 3d modeling?
Although there are several features like display refresh rate, GPU, and more, the most prior attribute has to be the CPU albeit with a higher base and turbo clocking speed. Improved clocking speeds help you unlock the hidden features and performances of the CPU, which assist with better animations, 3D modeling, and computer-aided designs.
Can you use a gaming notebook for 3D Modeling?
In most cases, a gaming laptop is a good choice for basic 3D modeling and rendering. However, when it comes to handling high-end AI-assisted rendering or viewport rendering, even gaming laptops can fall behind, in terms of power, OpenGL and DirectX compatibility, and lack of upgradeability.
What is the desired RAM value for indulging in mid-range and high-end 3D modeling?
In most cases, professional 3D artists prefer at least 32GB RAM, especially when poly-meshes, complex rendering, ray tracing, and other intricate activities are concerned. However, for professionals who are looking to start with 3D modeling or basic forms of graphic designing, 16GB will also suffice.
What is the difference between NVIDIA GeForce and NVIDIA Quadro GPUs?
Despite similar architecture, Quadro GPUs feature additional computational muscle as the drivers are designed to suit graphics-intensive 3D modeling. GeForce cards, including RTX and GTX, are powerful but mostly restricted to gaming indulgences. Quadro cards are workstation standard units, mainly used by production managers, architects, and other 3D modelers.
it is pretty important to understand the importance of having a dedicated laptop for all the above-mentioned jobs. These jobs require a lot of skill and knowledge so in order to avoid being left out; you must choose a laptop that has the ability to handle these tasks properly for you. You only need a little knowledge about the 3D specs and you should be good enough to pick a suitable piece.
3D modeling is not an easy task at all because it requires graphically-intensive tasks and there is much more than just high resolution and quick processing. In this article, we will be focusing on the best laptops for 3D modeling by taking into account all the required features.