Best Laptop for Accounting– Gone are the days when accounting students and professional accountants would perform all those tricky mathematical calculations manually. That time is long gone! So, buy any laptop from the above-mentioned options and make the best of your financial accounting software.
Processing large data sets and using analyzing tools are bread and butter for accounting professionals. While the requirements might put demands on processing power and storage space, it doesn’t require a dedicated graphics memory. It depends on preference and requirements.
Despite its weak battery performance, Asus VivoBook K571 is the best pick to handle the workload and keep you entertained with games.
Lenovo Ideapad 3 brings adequate processing power to handle accounting software at a budget-friendly price.
Acer Aspire 5 is amongst the most affordable, value-for-money products, geared to act as a workhorse at the office and entertain you at home.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Innovative screen pad: 5.65 inch interactive touchscreen trackpad that adapts to your needs for smarter control and multitasking
- App switcher on screen pad: Easily move docked Windows between your main display and screen pad display
- Handwriting on screen pad: Take note or jot down your ideas by writing on the screen pad
- Number key on screen pad: Turn screen pad into a numeric keypad for easy numeric data entry
- 14 inch wide-view full HD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display Matte
- Exclusive ErgoLift design for improved typing position, optimized cooling system and enhanced audio performance
- Latest 8th generation Intel Core i7-8565u Quad Core Processor (6M Cache, up to 4.6 GHz) with discrete graphics NVIDIA GeForce MX250
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD with 16GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows Hello
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI, USB Type C, gigabit-class Wi-Fi 5 (802.11AC), Bluetooth 5.0 and Micro SD card reader (USB transfer speed may vary. Learn more at Asus website)
back to menu ↑
- Precision cut from a block of aluminum in two pieces so there is no variability in construction.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 is tough, damage resistant, durable, elegant and allows for no flex in its display.
- Dual fans separated to spread heat over a larger area, to dual heat pipes to hidden exhaust venting through the hinge,
- The power button lets you log on with just a touch
- A 2.25mm high quality HD webcam gives you the best camera experience.
back to menu ↑
- 17 Inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS LCD Screen
- Windows 10 Home (64bit)
- Intel 11th Generation i7-1165G7 CPU With Iris Xe graphics
- 16GB LPDDR4X 4266 MHz RAM 2TB (1TB x 2) NVMe SSD
- 80WH Lithium Battery (up to 19 hours)
- Thunderbolt 3 Connectivity
back to menu ↑
- 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7 Processors i7-1065G7 (Base 1.30 GHz, Up to 3.90 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB Intel Smart Cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads)
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) anti-glare display with narrow bezel | Integrated Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1; 1x USB 2.0; 1x HDMI 1.4b; 1x Media Card Reader; 1x RJ-45 Port
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
back to menu ↑
5.Lenovo IdeaPad Flex
- Intel Quad-Core i7-8550U Processor, 1.80GHz Base Frequency, up to 4GHz, 8MB SmartCache
- 16GB DDR4 2133MHz SoDIMM Memory, 512GB Solid State Drive M.2, No Optical Drive
- 15.6” FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS WLED Anti-Glare Touchscreen Display, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce MX130 Graphics
- 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 3.0 Type-C, 1x Combination Audio Jack, 1 x SD reader, Bluetooth 4.1, 802.11ac
- Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, Windows Ink, Fingerprint Reader, Backlit Keyboard, Audio by Harman
back to menu ↑
- Display: 15.6" Full HD eDP 1920x1080 | Operating System: Windows 10 . Gb LAN
- Processor: Core i7-7700HQ (2.8 - 3.8 GHz). Visualize key system information so that its clear at a glance.Mini mode display system information on a small size window
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4G GDDR5.AC Adapter:150 W adapter
- RAM: 8GB (8G*1) DDR4 2400MHz | Hard Drive: 128GB M.2 SATA + 1TB (5400RPM)
- Special features: Thin and Light Chassis | Steel Series Red Backlight with Anti-Ghost key + silver lining | Nahimic 2 Surround Sound System
back to menu ↑
- Tenth-generation quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology
- Backlit Magic Keyboard
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Ultrafast SSD
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Force Touch trackpad
back to menu ↑
- INSTANT GRATIFICATION – Experience a laptop with premium performance, so you can spend less time getting more done; it’s like a small PC that’s compact enough to go where you go with a long-lasting battery to power you through your day
- EPIC ENTERTAINMENT – With audio by B&O, a larger screen-to-body ratio, and a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edged screen to maximize your view, entertainment on your laptop feels like bringing the theater home (1)
- IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICS – The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a new level of graphics performance with crisp, stunning visuals, plus the convenience of a thin and light laptop (2)
- UNSTOPPABLE PERFORMANCE – Get things done fast with the 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor, which delivers instant responsiveness and best-in-class connectivity (3)
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – Enjoy up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage (4) and experience improved multitasking with higher bandwidth thanks to 16 GB of RAM
- WORK ON THE GO – Get work done on the go with a long battery life of up to 8 hours (5) while HP Fast Charge lets you go from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes (6)
- OS AND WARRANTY – Do more with better peace of mind thanks to the HP 1-year limited hardware warranty and the seamlessly integrated Windows 10 Pro operating system (7)
- EFFORTLESSLY CONNECTED – Enjoy a smoother wireless experience with Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) (8) and Bluetooth 5.0 combo (9), all your connections are solid and up to 3x faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5 (10)
- FULL-SIZE KEYBOARD – Work comfortably with a full-sized keyboard, integrated numeric pad, and a Precision Touchpad
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY – Stay energy-efficient and sustainable with a laptop that is Energy Star certified (11), EPEAT Silver registered (12), and built with a low halogen display (13)
back to menu ↑
- Windows 10 Home, 2-in-1 14" inch 1920 x 1080 FHD Touch-Screen
- Intel 10th Generation Core i5-10210U 1.6 GHz
- 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz 6MB Cache, 256GB SSD, Intel UHD Graphics
- 1xUSB 3.0 Type A Ports, 2x USB 3.1 Type C Ports, 1x Headphone/microphone combo jack
- Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint reader, 4-cell Lithium-ion, DVD/CD drive does not included
back to menu ↑
- 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-10210U Quad-Core Processor with up to 4.2GHz Speed and 6MB Cache Memory
- Windows 10 Pro; Integrated Intel UHD Graphics
- 14" Full HD 1920 x 1080 Anti-Glare IPS Display
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2x2 Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 5.0
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for Accounting – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Check RAM and Processor
Sure, QuickBooks and other accounting software need only 2GB RAM to run. However, you won’t be able to multitask if your laptop doesn’t have sufficient RAM and a powerful processor. If you want your system to run the accounting solutions without lag, then it needs at least 4GB of RAM. The models listed above are powered by strong processors. Besides, they have 8GB or higher RAM. Check the RAM and processor details of the laptop if you plan on running multiple tabs on the browser (alongside accounting software).
Let’s say you open the spreadsheet, log onto your accounting software, play some music in the background, and open another tab for calculation. Do you think laptops with 2GB RAM and a weak processor will be able to support all these processes simultaneously? Chances are your laptop will freeze.back to menu ↑
Don’t Focus too much on the Graphics Card
A modest graphics card can support a host of accounting apps and automated solutions seamlessly. Unless you are planning to use your laptop for multimedia editing and video gaming, there is no need for a quality graphics card. An ordinary one will do.
Assuming that you are going to sit in front of the screen for countless hours, it makes sense to invest in a product that features anti-glare technology. A bright screen will strain your eyes in an hour. Screen size isn’t that important, but resolution matters. A full HD high-resolution means you will be able to run multiple tabs on your screen by adjusting the screen resolution.
Lightweight and Portable
Since you will attend several meetings, classes, events, you should look for a laptop that is easy to carry around. If you are able to bring your laptop everywhere you go, then you can execute your work efficiently. The models we have mentioned above are all portable and lightweight and you can easily fit them in a small laptop case.
Long Battery Life
You don’t want your laptop to shut down when you are working on an important financial project. Similarly, you can’t go on looking for power outlets in your school, office, and other places. A laptop with decent battery life, i.e. at least 8-10 hours will make a smart investment.
Good battery life will help you run any accounting module for the whole day. You don’t have to worry about your battery draining quickly.
As an accountant, your job involves a lot of typing. You are supposed to enter a considerable amount of data in the software for calculation. That being said, well-spaced and backlit keys are a must in the accounting laptop. However, what’s more, important is the number pad. The num pad section should neither be missing nor be too small and inconvenient for typing. You are going to type figures all the time. So, it’s important to check the number of pad quality before making a purchase.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
What Factors Do I Need to Consider When Buying a Laptop for Accounting?
The first and most important factor is when it comes to the best laptop for businessmen or accounting is RAM. If your laptop doesn’t have sufficient RAM, then you will not be able to run accounting software. The second important thing is portability, especially if you plan on carrying your laptop around. Other factors include the screen, Graphics card, CPU, and battery.back to menu ↑
How Should I Choose a Laptop for Accounting?
The best accounting laptop is capable of running QuickBooks, Saga, Odoo, and other such accounting software seamlessly. If you are a student, then you are going to need QuickBooks for mathematical calculations, journals, ledgers, trial balance, and financial statements.
From a journal that records the day-to-day business transactions to the profit & loss account that helps show businesses their financial position, QuickBooks can create all types of accounts effortlessly. So, a laptop that passes the minimum requirements for running an accounting solution (QuickBooks) can be used for financial accounting and bookkeeping.back to menu ↑
Are all Laptops Compatible with QuickBooks?
No, not all laptops support QuickBooks. This accounting software needs at least 2GB RAM. However, the 2019 pro version of the software can run on a laptop with 1GB RAM. In order to run this system without any lag, you are going to need 2.5GB available space on your device.
These are only a few crucial requirements. Make sure that you pay special attention to the RAM and storage of the laptop. It is best to use a laptop with an SSD for accounting. Accounting solutions are designed to handle a large volume of data. You cannot run these systems if you don’t have enough storage.back to menu ↑
What Processor is the Best for QuickBooks?
The Pro and Premier version of this accounting software is compatible with the 2.0-GHz processor. So, that is the minimum requirement to run QuickBooks on your laptop. Now, if you would like a speedy performance and uninterrupted operations, then we will recommend 2.4-GHz or higher processor.back to menu ↑
Do I Need to Consider Security Factor When Buying a Laptop for Accounting?
Students who buy a laptop for basic computing and accounting purposes do not need to take the security factor into account. However, if you are buying a laptop to prepare the financial statements of a company or record sensitive data about employees or the organization, then security needs to be your priority.
You need a system that does not allow a third-party to access the software or data stored in your system. That’s one of the reasons why experts often recommend MacBooks for accountants. They feature a range of security tools that protect your system from hackers. The latest laptops also feature advanced security options that restrict the access of other users.back to menu ↑
When you think of all these accounting activities, what comes in your mind is, which is the best laptop for accounting and recordkeeping business? In context to this, you will need to have a computer with the best features concerning cooperative multitasking, excellent security capability, and portable design with a good battery life that is durable and has a long-lasting performance. Of course, these laptops also differ from one another in terms of cost