Best Laptop for Adobe Illustrator – If you have a single core +2.5 GHZ CPU, a decent GPU and enough memory and still way too many problems. You should start looking at the supporting frameworks and your OS configuration.
By Configuring your OS to run efficiently you can increase the amount of resources available for illustrator. There’s a nice post in their Blog on how to get the most out of your current laptop or computer here.
It can be said that one of the above-stated laptops can be the best laptops for adobe illustrator. Many specifications are to be checked before purchasing a laptop to use Adobe Illustrator. Always keep in mind how manageable a laptop can be for you.
Instead of purchasing a model and buying other necessary items later, choose a complete set. Having the stylus is also very important for most illustrators.
This was the list of top laptops suitable to use for Illustrator. A guide on how you can purchase the best laptop is also given at the beginning. Now you have sufficient knowledge to make the best decision.back to menu ↑
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics deliver powerful performance for everyday tasks
- Dopoundsy Audio delivers crystal-clear sound, while the 14-inch FHD screen and narrow side bezels give you more viewing area and less clutter
- Quick and quiet with Q-control – Effortlessly swap between fast & powerful performance and quiet battery saving mode
- Connect with ease using Bluetooth 4.1, up to 2x2 Wi-Fi 5, three USB ports, and HDMI
- Keep your privacy intact with a physical shutter for your webcam. You'll enjoy privacy right at your fingertips
- System RAM Type: DDR4 SDRAM
back to menu ↑
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance to tackle projects faster than ever
- Up to eight GPU cores with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Fanless design for silent operation
- 13.3-inch Retina display with P3 wide color for vibrant images and incredible detail
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
back to menu ↑
- Be mobile. Remain powerful. Ground-breaking innovation: starting at just 4.04lbs., The Precision 3540 is all about mobility. It's made with premium materials, coming in at 10% lighter and has outstanding Battery life.
- Bigger productivity: The narrow-edge Display gives you more screen real estate on your 15” mobile workstation which makes it easier to view CAD applications and heavy excel spreadsheets.
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (Up to 3.6GHz)| 8GB DDR4 Memory | 256GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS Display | Intel UHD Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | HD Webcam | Up to 8 Hours Battery Life
- 1 - USB 3.1 (Type-C) Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps), 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging), 1 - USB 2.0 Port & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP Support
- Windows 10 Home
back to menu ↑
- 13.3" Touchscreen InfinityEdge Full HD (1920 x 1080) Display, Intel UHD Graphics
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- 2x Thunderbolt 3 with PowerDelivery & Display Port, 1x USB-C 3.1, 1x MicroSD Card Reader
- Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, Stereo Speakers with MaxxAudio Pro
- Windows 10 Home 64bit
back to menu ↑
- Display: 15.6" Full HD eDP 1920x1080 | Operating System: Windows 10 . Gb LAN
- Processor: Core i7-7700HQ (2.8 - 3.8 GHz). Visualize key system information so that its clear at a glance.Mini mode display system information on a small size window
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4G GDDR5.AC Adapter:150 W adapter
- RAM: 8GB (8G*1) DDR4 2400MHz | Hard Drive: 128GB M.2 SATA + 1TB (5400RPM)
- Special features: Thin and Light Chassis | Steel Series Red Backlight with Anti-Ghost key + silver lining | Nahimic 2 Surround Sound System
back to menu ↑
- World's First FullView Display: Immersive 13.9-inch 3K touchscreen with 91% screen-to-body ratio, only 0.57-inch thin and weighs only 2.93 lbs., perfect for at-home or on-the-go computing
- Powerful Inside: Windows 10 Home Signature Edition with no bloatware. 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8550U processor + NVIDIA GeForce MX150 - boosts performance up to 40% over its predecessor
- Home Theater: 3K touchscreen with 3, 000 x 2, 000 resolution, 1500:1 contrast ratio and 260 PPI allow you to see vivid details when viewing HD content. 2nd Gen Dolby ATMOS for immersive audio
- One Touch Power Button: Enabling users to power on the notebook, finish identity authentication through Windows Hello and access the desktop in less than 8 seconds. Bluetooth - Bluetooth 4.1
- Includes compact Mate Dock 2.0: USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port and VGA port. Includes 1 year Office 365 Personal and 1 year manufacturer warranty.60Hz refresh rate
back to menu ↑
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H Processor (Quad-Core, 2.5 GHz Up to 4.5GHz, 8MB Cache), 16GB DDR4 Memory 3200 MHz, 1024GB SSD
- 15.6" (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920x1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare Panel with 45% NTSC, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti 4GB GDDR6
- 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet, WiFi 6 - 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.0, HD Audio with Stereo Speakers, Webcam
- 2 x Type-A USB 3.2 (Gen 1), 1 x Type-C USB 3.2 (Gen 2), 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack, 1 x RJ-45
- Full-size Island-style RGB Backlit Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 48WHr 3-cell lithium_ion, 5.07lb, Black
back to menu ↑
- REALISTIC GAMING GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q design (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated). Game and stream at ultra-speed with fast technology and breakthrough gaming laptop graphics. 16.1-inch diagonal Full HD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit display, 250 nits, 45% NTSC (1920 x 1080) with 60Hz refresh rate; 80% screen to body ratio
- FAST PROCESSOR: Take mobile gaming and content creation to the next-levelwith breakthrough performance, fast downloads and smooth streaming. 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor, 6-Core, 2.6 GHz up to 5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost
- HIGHER BANDWIDTH MEMORY & FAST BOOTUP WITH SOLID-STATE DRIVE: Boot up in seconds, transfer files without waiting hours, and enjoy a speedier laptop gaming experience with the internal 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive (2 accessible M.2 slots, 1 available), and higher bandwidth, speed and efficiency with 16 GB DDR4-2933 MHz SDRAM (2 x 8 GB, 2 accessible memory slots upgradable to 32 GB, 2 x 16 GB)
- THIN, LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE GAMING LAPTOP WITH LONG BATTERY LIFE: 14.57 inches (W) x 10.33 inches (D) x 0.93 inch (H); 4.78 pounds. Up to 10 hours and 30 minutes (mixed usage); up to 11 hours (video playback); up to 6 hours and 30 minutes (wireless streaming), 3-cell 52.5 WH LI-ion polymer battery
- LAPTOP GAMING CONNECTIVITY: With a Wi-Fi 5 (2x2) WLAN adapter and Bluetooth 5.0, all your connections are rock solid. SuperSpeed USB Type-C 5Gbps signaling rate (DisplayPort 1.4), 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (HP Sleep and Charge), Ethernet (RJ-45), 3.5mm Headphone/microphone combo, AC smart pin, HDMI 2.0
- BACKLIT KEYBOARD: Keep going comfortably even in darker laptop gaming environments. Full-size, island-style, acid green backlit, shadow black keyboard with numeric keypad
- OPERATING SYSTEM AND WARRANTY: Windows 10 Home and 1-year limited hardware warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week web support when shipped from and sold by Amazon.com
- ENHANCED THERMAL SOLUTION: The latest in heat management brings you an enhanced heat-pipe design, stabilizing your work and play in a cooling environment
- BIOS RECOVERY AND PROTECTION: Automatically checks the health of your gaming computer, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS: Low halogen, mercury-free display backlights, arsenic-free display glass in this ENERGY STAR certified, EPEAT Silver registered HP Pavilion Gaming 16 Laptop PC
back to menu ↑
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than surface pro 6, with a 10th gen intel core processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-c and USB-a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging. Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light surface pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All day battery life up to 10.5 hours, Plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80 percent in just over an hour
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for Adobe Illustrator – BUYER’S GUIDE
Processor: Are laptops with many types of processors. Some of them have old kinds of processors, while others have the latest technology. Keep in mind that you, as an illustrator, do need an excellent processor.
The software is massive and it may hang if your processor is slow. This can result in delayed project integration or data loss.
Certainly do not want your data, hours’ worth of work, to be lost. That, too, because of a simple processor that cannot handle Illustrator. Therefore, keep in mind what the requirements are.
There are laptops available with 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 1.9, 2.5, and even 4.0 GHz processors. It is up to you to choose because the higher-end laptops with faster processors are often expensive.
Screen Size: The second most important thing is the screen size. The screen should be sufficient enough for you to see and illustrate.
Illustration is not an easy job and needs a lot of conveniences. If it is compared to writing, it is much more difficult. So, look for what is most comfortable for you.
The size of the screen is too small, and it might become hard for you to see what you are doing. It may cause you to zoom excessively, resulting in errors in the project. Not to mention the eye strain you will be going through by looking at a tinted screen for hours.
On the other hand, if the screen is too large, it might become a little challenging to handle. Drawing with a touch pen or stylus is almost impossible on large screens without peculiar equipment.
The most common size for the best laptop for illustrator is 15 inches. That is the size of an mediocre laptop with standard specifications. You can go down a notch and up a notch. It all depends on your preference. The more average the size of the screen is, the better you will be able to control it.
Touchscreen: A third most important attribute of a laptop for adobe illustrator is the touch screen. Does the laptop has a touch screen interface? What type of touch screen is it?
These are the questions you must ask before purchasing a laptop. You have to make sure that the touch screen interface is of immense quality.
There are different touchscreens installed on various laptops. Some of them only serve the purpose of secondary control. Those screens are not ideal for illustration purposes.
On the other hand, there are some laptops available with full touchscreen display. One of those laptops may serve as the best laptop for illustrator.
Stylus/Touch Pen: Adobe Illustrator without a stylus or a touch pen can be tricky. It is not necessary, but it is needed for good results. Therefore, make sure your laptop comes with a stylus.
If not, check if the laptop’s touchscreen supports the stylus. There are several categories of touch pens available, as well. So choose accordingly.
Display: How is the quality of the display? This question is asked along with many other questions. It defines the quality of the display. Including the color quality, high definition, glare, brightness, and everything else.
The number and quality of the colors will enable you to illustrate with as much detail as you would like.
Are laptops available with HD, 1080p, and even 4k display qualities? Quite obviously, the higher the quality of the display is, the higher is the price mark. Even though the display quality is one of the most fundamental attributes.
Some mid-range laptops also have magnificent quality displays. Choose according to your necessities.
Storage: Comes the one feature that defines the best laptop for adobe illustrator. The RAM, as well as the ROM, needs to be enough for you. There are laptops with amazing ROM capacities but minimal RAM.
This leads to your laptop hanging, and not working the way you want it to. Both types of memories should be sufficient.
8 GB RAM, along with a 256 GB ROM, is the standard for most laptops. It can efficiently serve the purpose of Illustrator’s use. But if you want to use some other heavy software besides that, then it might be a little less.
Check the requirements of the software you wish to use and compare it to the laptop. Again, it all depends on your needs.
People choose to purchase external hard drives. These hard drives have immense memory capacities on which people would save their data.
That is something that not everyone prefers. That is all up to you to choose.
Battery Life: Of the times laptops with amazing features fail when it comes to battery life. When you have been working, and the laptop suddenly goes into a coma due to a low battery.
That is the most significant loss of low battery life. There are many types of batteries available that can be bought and externally connected to the laptop. But that should not be the case when you buy a high-end laptop.
At the specifications, type of battery ions, and the hours of life. There are swappable as well as non-swappable batteries. Make sure if the battery is not swappable, then its life is enough for you.
The standard is 17 hours of battery running without the power cord. That is a prominent trait to define the best laptop for illustrator.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Which laptop is best for Adobe Illustrator?
Best Laptop For Adobe: Microsoft Surface Book 2
Best Laptop For Illustrator: Lenovo ThinkPad P1
Best For Video Editing: Dell Precision 3540
Best Light Weight Laptop: New Apple MacBook Pro
Video Editing Machine: Huawei MateBook X Pro
Best Work Station for Illustrator: Dell XPS 13 9370
Best Laptop for Adobe Illustrator: Apple MacBook Airback to menu ↑
What kind of computer do I need for Adobe Illustrator?
|RAM||You need minimum 8GB RAM for Adobe Illustrator (16GB Recommended)|
|Processor||Multi Intel processor required (64 Bit)|
|Operating System||Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10 (64 bit)|
|Hard Disk||Atleast you need 2GB hard disk space for Adobe Illustrator Installation|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768 display (1920 x 1080 recommended)|
|Network Connection||Network connection and registration are necessary for required software activation after installtion.|
Can you use Adobe Illustrator on a laptop?
The answer is YES ! As professional graphic designer, you need very high specification laptop.back to menu ↑
What laptops do graphic designers use?
These are laptops are highly recommended for graphic designers.
- Microsoft Surface Book 2
- Lenovo ThinkPad P1
- Dell Precision 3540
- New Apple MacBook Pro
- Huawei MateBook X Pro
Is 8gb RAM enough for Illustrator?
Yes! 8GB RAM is good for Adobe Illustrator (16Gb recommended).back to menu ↑
You are Graphic Designer? & Looking for Best Laptops For Adobe Illustrator, You need peculiar equipment to help you do your job. Just like any other profession, there are electronics specially designed for you. They are mainly laptops that have a diverse variety of options.