Best Laptop for Art – These are some of the best laptops that an art student can consider. Like we’ve researched, a machine meant for an art student should have a touch screen display, helping them make drawings and paintings. Also, if it comes with features like a high-end CPU, one can also use professional image and photo editing software.
If you are considering buying a new laptop, you can easily consider one of the models from our list, and we guarantee that you will be satisfied with the overall performance of the product. Depending on your liking, budget, and requirement, you shall consider any of these, and they’ll surely not let you down during your journey of Art studies.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.HP – Spectre
- NEWEST 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565U + NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (2GB GDDR5 dedicated), Windows 10 Home 64 - Dark Ash Color
- 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB), 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Wide Vision FHD IR Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
- 15.6" diagonal 4K IPS eDP micro-edge BrightView WLED-backlit (3840 x 2160), HP Active Stylus and HP Sleeve included.
- Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, Bang & Olufsen, dual speakers, HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support
- 1 Thunderbolt 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo
back to menu ↑
- ScreenPad Plus: 12.6 inch matte touchscreen, giving your endless way to optimize your multitasking experience by extending the screen or split windows and apps on both displays
- 14 inch Full HD NanoEdge touchscreen glossy main display
- Latest 10th generation Intel Core i7-10510U Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz) with NVIDIA GeForce MX250
- Stand, sleeve and ASUS active stylus pen included
- Fast storage and memory featuring 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD with 16GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows Hello
- Exclusive ErgoLift design for improved typing position, optimized cooling system and enhanced audio performance . Extensive connectivity with Gig+ Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), HDMI, and USB Type C (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Note: Notebook / Laptop does not come with numberpad. That is our UX581 series.
- Quick Tip : Try to press FN+F9 to turn on the camera Pg. 40
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7 (10th Gen) 1065G7 / 1.3 GHz
- 16GB of RAM, 512GB SSD Storage, 10.5 Hour Battery Life
- 12.3 Inch (2736 x 1824 Resolution) 10-point multi-touch Display
- SDXC Media Card Slot, USB Type-C, USB 3.0 Type-A, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax Wi-F,| Bluetooth 5.0,Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)
- Included in Surface Pro 7 i7 16gb/512gb/win pro Bundle: Microsoft Surface Pen –Platinum, Microsoft Type Cover – Black & GizPro USB Type-C to HDMI / VGA / DVI Adapter
back to menu ↑
- 【CUSTOMlZED, Professional Upgraded to】: 4GB RAM | 256GB SSD : Cardinal Pro Electronics provides a 1-year warranty on upgraded parts. The manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty on original hardware components
- Equipped With The Strongest and Powerful Enough AMD Ryzen 3 Processors, AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 3 4300U (Beats i5-10210U), (2.7 GHz base frequency, up to 3.7 GHz, 2MB L2 / 4MB L3 cache, 4 Threads)
- 14 inch Full HD ( 1920 x 1080 ) IPS Touchscreen 250nits Glossy Display I Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics
- 1 x USB Type-C (with the function of Power Delivery 3.0 only), 2 x USB 3.1 Type-A Gen 1 (one Always on), 1 x HDMI, 1 x headphone/microphone combo, 1 x 4-in-1 Card Reader
back to menu ↑
- 17 Inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS LCD Screen
- Windows 10 Home (64bit)
- Intel 11th Generation i7-1165G7 CPU With Iris Xe graphics
- 16GB LPDDR4X 4266 MHz RAM 2TB (1TB x 2) NVMe SSD
- 80WH Lithium Battery (up to 19 hours)
- Thunderbolt 3 Connectivity
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor (Up to 3. 9GHz) 16GB LPDDR4X Memory 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 13.5" Acer VertiView 2K 2256 x 1504 Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Touch Display (3:2 aspect ratio) Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802. 11ax Backlit Keyboard fingerprint reader up to 15 hours battery life
- 2 - USB 3. 1 Type C port supporting USB 3. 1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps), DisplayPort over USB-C, Thunderbolt 3, USB Charging, DC-in, 2 - USB 3. 2 Gen 1 port (one featuring power-off charging) & 1 - HDMI 2. 0 port
- Co-Engineered for Mobile Performance by Intel and Acer Rechargeable Acer Active Stylus with Wacom AES 1. 0
back to menu ↑
- Renewed products look and work like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers, which typically perform a full diagnostic test, replacement of any defective parts, and a thorough cleaning process. Packaging and accessories may be generic. All products on Amazon Renewed come with a minimum 90-day supplier-backed warranty.
back to menu ↑
8.HP – Envy
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 mobile processor
- 8GB system memory for advanced multitasking
- 256 GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e)
- 360° flip-and-fold design
- 15.6" Full HD multitouch screen
back to menu ↑
- Power to work and play all day: all the power you need to stay productive and entertained on a seamless Chrome experience
- Daily dose of entertainment: immerse yourself in Dual speakers and audio by B&O play, and easily share your screen with a flexible hinge that allows up to 180-degree rotation
- Processor: AMD Dual-Core a4-9120, 2.2GHz up to 2.5GHz
- Display: 14.0-Inch diagonal HD SVA anti-glare WLED-backlit Display (1366x768)
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM (not upgradable)
- Hard Drive: 32 GB eMMC
- Battery life: up to 9 hours and 15 minutes (mixed usage)
- Dimensions AND weight (unpackaged): 13.27 in (W) x 8.93 in (D) x 0.72 in (H); 3.40 pounds
- Operating System: Chrome OS
- Warranty: 1-year limited hardware warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
back to menu ↑
- Precision cut from a block of aluminum in two pieces so there is no variability in construction.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 is tough, damage resistant, durable, elegant and allows for no flex in its display.
- Dual fans separated to spread heat over a larger area, to dual heat pipes to hidden exhaust venting through the hinge,
- The power button lets you log on with just a touch
- A 2.25mm high quality HD webcam gives you the best camera experience.
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for Art- BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
One thing to ask yourself during your hunt for the best artist’s laptop is, what programs do you need to run? Not every computer can run complex software without making you want to pull your hair out.
Try making a list of the software you use on a regular basis. It’s easy enough to find out what hardware requirements you need for each application. That way you’re not unpleasantly surprised if your new laptop can’t run your favorite drawing program.
In general, you’ll want to make sure any computer you purchase has at least an i5 or higher processor.back to menu ↑
Features are important to consider when shopping for the best laptop for artists. The most important feature might be stylus support. Not every artist needs this feature, but those who draw will find it invaluable.
You don’t necessarily need an integrated stylus capability—many laptops will support a detached tablet made specifically for digital sketching. Just keep in mind that this option means one more thing to keep track of and transport.
Ask yourself what features are deal-breakers for you. Is a large, high-quality monitor vital to ensure you capture details the way you envision them? Do you need vivid display colors? Top of the line graphics integration? Is a touchscreen an absolute must?
Each feature adds to the overall cost, so decide which tools are the most important to you upfront.back to menu ↑
3. RAM (speed)
I know for creative-minded people, sometimes tech terms start to make your eyes gloss over.
RAM is really just the amount of memory available to handle information in real-time. It’s kind of like short-term memory, so the less RAM you have, the more likely it is that your projects will feel like an annoying goldfish in a Disney movie is managing them.
The best laptop for artists needs at least 8GB of RAM. That’s enough to seamlessly run multiple, high-functioning programs at the same time. In the case of RAM for processing dense art files or videos, more is definitely better.back to menu ↑
4. Battery life
Not all laptops are created equally when it comes to battery life.
For some artists, this isn’t a big deal. The question here is – how do you intend to use your computer? If you mostly work in a single space, like a shared co-op or a traditional or home office, you can probably afford to trade battery life for other features.
However, if you travel a lot, need to take your setup outside to sketch, or collaborate with others in a variety of venues—you need a laptop that can keep up.
Most of the laptops on our list claim to have 10+ hours of battery life, although data-heavy art programs tend to use energy faster than average software.back to menu ↑
5. Storage space
Storage is one of the areas where the best laptop for artists is different from the best laptop in general. Art files can take up a massive amount of space.
While storage space on laptops can come at a premium, fortunately, external hard drives are an inexpensive, simple solution. You can get a reliable, 4 terabyte drive for around $100 (!)—enough to hold about 66,000 RAW photos.
Cloud storage is another option if you’d rather not deal with extra equipment, but you will have to pay extra for that privilege.
If you’re dealing with huge quantities of large files, you’ll likely need an alternate storage source in any case. Even with an external drive, you’ll want plenty of space on your laptop—otherwise, you’ll end up spending a huge chunk of your time off-loading files when you could be doing billable work.back to menu ↑
6. Customer service
Not all digital artists are also tech experts. Having a customer service team you can rely on makes a big difference in your end experience.
To get a feel for what kind of customer service you’re buying along with your laptop, read customer reviews and talk to your friends and family to find out what kind of experience others have had.
If access to IT professionals is important to you, consider visiting a physical store or picking up the phone instead of purchasing directly online. This way you’ll know exactly what you’re getting.
Brands also offer lots of different incentives to potential customers. 24-hour helplines, extended warranties, easy returns and free cloud storage are just a few that might matter to you. It never hurts to ask.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best laptop for art students?
The best laptop for art students should have a good display with touch screen support. It should be light in weight, making it easy to carry every day. Similarly, it should also offer good battery backup and its display should have good color calibration.
Should a laptop for an art student support the touch screen?
Going with a laptop with touch screen support is an important factor for an art student, it will increase the overall productivity, where one can make a sketch of a subject without any issue and it can be done on the go if the machine comes with a touch screen support.
How much RAM a laptop for art students should have?
If you are an Art student, then consider getting a laptop with at least 8GB RAM, which makes sure that it can handle multi-task issues with ease. If you can get the one with 16GB RAM, then the laptop is going to last for a long time without any issue.
Should a laptop for art students have a GPU in it?
If you are a gamer and an art student, then you can consider buying a laptop that offers at least 2GB of dedicated video memory. However, if you are not into gaming, then a regular integrated GPU should do the job.
Does a laptop for art students should have a high-end CPU?
If you are planning to use the laptop with software like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe after effects, then it should have a high-end CPU, as most of the photo editing tools depend on the CPU performance.
Can an art student use a regular laptop?
Yes, an art student can use a regular laptop, however, the models that we have reviewed offer improved productivity due to the hardware and software present on them. So, instead of considering the generic laptop, consider one of these.
Can an art student draw on a laptop?
If the laptop has a touch screen, then one can definitely make a drawing on it. Similarly, one can also do the same with non-touch machines by connecting an external accessory.
Can an art student use MacBook?
Yes, an art student can either use a Windows OS powered compared or a MacBook, as most of the software used by art students are available on both platforms.
Some Art students might consider a laptop that is compact and easy to carry, while others might want the one that can run software like Photoshop, Illustrator, or other software in the Adobe CC Suite. After thorough research by taking inputs from the professionals in the field, we have come up with a list of highly suitable laptops for art students.
A reliable laptop is an essential part of student life. Engineering students might consider getting a high-end machine that can be used for gaming & high-fidelity software such as Revit, Blender 3D. However, students in some fields such as medical school, law school, business studies, and Arts might prefer a medium performance lightweight machine that is easy to carry and offers good battery life.