Best Laptop for Blender – When buying a laptop for 3D editing and animation, make sure you choose the right graphics card. The GPU will make all the difference in the world when it comes to creating special effects. Apart from GPU, a fast processor is also a must-have as it will do all the calculations for you. These graphics cards and processors tend to be very expensive so, choose according to the size of your project.
We’ve reached the end of our article and here are the best laptops for blender. We have tried to include laptops from different price segments because we didn’t want you to compromise on performance because of money constraints. Never the less, every laptop is the best performer at their respective price.
If you would ask me which is my favorite laptop of choice, firstly it would be the MSI GS66 Stealth for the top-notch specs and performance which the laptop offers.
My second laptop of choice would be the MSI GP65 Leopard 10SFK-047. Which is your favorite laptop of choice? Do let us know in the comments section down below.back to menu ↑
- More power: The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0 GHz max turbo and 6 cores.
- Ray-tracing: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design is powered by the NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture and brings cinematic-quality rendering to the most visually intense games.
- More frames: Incredible performance paired with the fast 144Hz 15. 6" full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win.
- Thin and compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0.78" thin.
- Ready to connect: Fully loaded with Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3, USB type-A and type-C ports, and HDMI, for a desktop-class experience
- Make it yours: Customize the backlight color of the keyboard with Razer Chroma, and expand the memory and storage, making the Razer Blade 15 uniquely yours.
back to menu ↑
- 15. 6" Fhd (1920*1080), IPS-Level 120Hz thin Bezel
- Processor: Core i7-9750h 2. 6 - 4. 5GHz
- Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GTX1660Ti 6G GDDR6
- Memory: 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 64GB
- Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Graphics Card 8GB
- 15.6" Full HD 300Hz 3ms 300-nits 100% sRGB Color Gamut Display
- 512GB Solid State Drive, 16GB DDR4 RAM
- RGB per-key backlit keyboard, Killer Wifi AX, Bluetooth, Windows 10
back to menu ↑
- Perfectly sized 15.6" display with ultra-thin bezels and an incredible 89% screen-to-body ratio for productivity and creative tasks | This ultra-high performance powerhouse is less than 1" thick, weighs less than 5-lbs, and housed in a compact, durable CNC aluminum alloy black chassis, perfect for creative professionals and gamers on-the-go
- Eye-catching Samsung 4K UHD AMOLED display with VESA DisplayHDR 400 True Black Standard for more realistic imagery, higher contrast, and true-blacks | 100% DCI-P3 wide color gamut and super fast 1-ms display response time | Individually factory-calibrated and color accuracy within Delta E
- Up to 8-hours of battery life (PCMark 10) to get you through an entire day's work without plugging in for greater work mobility and productivity | Exclusive, built-in Microsoft Azure AI to intelligently optimize hardware profiles to match your daily usage for the most efficient power and battery usage
- Equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6GB GDDR6) for accelerating and optimizing graphic-intensive creative apps, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Maya, Blender, etc. | Powered by the latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H for faster photo and 4K video editing efficiency and high gaming performance
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz dual channel memory (8GBx2) for increased multitasking productivity and 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD (2x NVMe storage slots total) for accessing files at lightning speeds, while safely storing all of your large-scale creations and projects
- Expand your creative studio with outputs of up to 3 external displays (via HDMI, Mini-DP, and 1x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports) and a 300MB/s UHS-II SD Card Reader | Connect up to 9 external accessories without the need for an adapter | Killer Ethernet E2600 + Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX 1650 with up to 2.4Gbps transfer speed to upload and transfer multiple, large-scale files without limitations
- Gigabyte exclusive Supra Cool 2 cooling system for 30% more cooling efficiency for smoother performance and seamless multi-tasking work flow under heavy gaming or multimedia loadings
- Highly receptive full area backlit GIGABYTE RGB Fusion 2.0 keyboard with numpad and full macro per-key customization with multiple design software compatibilities for the best multimedia experience | Built-in fingerprint reader for rapid, secure logins and high privacy protection with Windows Hello
- Listen to your favorite work playlist with built-in high-power stereo speakers for increased volume and enhanced sound experience (93dBA louder than typical laptop speakers) | NAHIMIC 3 3D surround sound for full game and movie immersion with rich, vibrant details when paired with the world's best headphones
- Windows 10 Home | Gigabyte 1-Year Global Warranty
back to menu ↑
- Welcome to the next generation of gaming performance with the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H mobile processor, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, and 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD storage
- Enjoy fast refresh and deep colors with a 144 Hz refresh rate and outstanding clarity on a 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display
- The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti GPU is a blazing-fast supercharger for your favorite games and the newest titles
- Get maximum performance via Dual Burn Support, which pushes the CPU and GPU together for improved framerates, and Legion Coldfront 2.0 for thermal tuning
- The Legion TrueStrike keyboard with soft-landing switches delivers hair-trigger inputs
back to menu ↑
- 27-inch WQHD (2560x1440) 1500R curved gaming monitor with ultrafast 165Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together with Adaptive-sync, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- FreeSync Premium technology supported through DP and HDMI ports providing variable refresh rates for low latency, stuttering-free and tearing-free while gaming
- Shadow Boost enhances image details in dark areas, brightening scenes without over-exposing bright areas
- Robust connectivity with HDMI(v2.0) x2 and DisplayPort 1.2
- ASUS Eye Care technology with TUV Rheinland Certification for Flicker-free and Low Blue Light technology to minimize eye fatigue and ensure a comfortable viewing experience
- Support HDR10 to enhance bright and dark area, delivers lifelike gaming experience
back to menu ↑
- Ryzen 7 4800H Processor - 8 Core, 2.9GHz to 4.2GHz Clock Speed, 8MB Cache
- NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 (VR Ready) Dedicated Graphics
- 15.6" IPS Full HD (1920x1080) Display, Backlit Keyboard
- 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage
- Windows 10 Home
back to menu ↑
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
back to menu ↑
9.Acer Predator Helios
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10300H (8MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 4 cores)
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) 120Hz WVA Anti- Glare LED Backlit Narrow Border Display (non-touch)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6
- 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive, 8GB DDR4-2933MHz 2x4G RAM
- Backlit Keyboard, Wifi AX, Bluetooth 5.1, Windows 10
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for Blender – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
The CPU or processor will be the most important component of any laptop that you will need to look at when you’re looking for a device that’s capable of running Blender. This is because the CPU will determine how fast and how well the laptop will be able to run programs. Having a powerful processor will allow your laptop to easily run the Blender software without any hiccups.
The minimum processor we recommend should be an Intel Core i5 or an AMD Ryzen 5, preferably the latest generations of these CPUs. These are already powerful CPUs and are more than capable of running Blender, as well as other intensive programs that you might need. In case you find these CPUs still inadequate, the best option is the more powerful Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7.
You can even go for the Intel Core i9 or AMD Ryzen 9 if you really need a powerful machine that’s not only capable of running Blender but also other demanding software or programs without any issues or problems at all.back to menu ↑
A powerful CPU is nothing without good RAM, which is why it should be the next thing you need to consider. RAM is the term for the laptop’s memory and it’s the component that will determine whether your device can easily run multiple programs or software all at the same time.
When you’re creating content like 3D animation, you likely won’t just be using the Blender software. You will also have other programs running in the background, which means you will need to have more RAM on your laptop. The minimum size we recommend is 8 GB RAM, especially if you’re on a tight budget. This is already a good start as it will easily allow you to multitask on your laptop.
A better option would be 16GB as this memory size will allow more intensive multitasking activities without experiencing any slowdown or lag. If you really want the best performance that you can get when using Blender, then a laptop with 32 GB RAM should be your choice.back to menu ↑
The laptop’s graphics card will be another important component to look at when looking for the best laptop for Blender. Creating 3D animations, editing videos, or even doing 3D modeling will be a taxing activity for your laptop and an integrated graphics card won’t be able to handle that demand. Having a low-performing graphics card would put too much pressure on your CPU and RAM to do all the work, resulting in lag.
For creating 3D animations, the lowest graphics card we recommend is the Nvidia GeForce MX350. It’s a graphics card that’s good enough to allow you to run the Blender software without putting too much pressure on your CPU. The best graphics card we recommend is the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti or higher to really breeze through the demanding graphical work your laptop will undergo.
A powerful GPU also means that your CPU and RAM won’t have to take most of the load of the intense and demanding tasks.back to menu ↑
The storage space of your laptop will also be important, especially if your device will also be used for other tasks other than Blender. This means you will accumulate many files, including large ones that will easily eat up your device’s storage space.
For the best laptops for Blender, we recommend a storage space of at least 512GB. That’s already an ample size to handle all of the files that you will likely save on the device without worrying that you will quickly run out. You can also go for laptops with an SSD 1TB storage space if creating 3D animations is your work since you will likely have more large files to deal with.
As for the type of hard drive, we recommend laptops that use Solid State Drive (SSD) because of their faster write speed. You want a hard drive that can quickly copy or transfer large files and you will need an SSD for that.back to menu ↑
Last, and certainly not the least, is the laptop’s display. You will need a good display on your laptop since you will be creating 3D animations, doing video editing, 3D modeling, and more. You want to be able to see properly the graphical capabilities of your creation and have an idea of how good it would look when other people are viewing it.
For this requirement, you will need at least a 15-inch display to have ample size to properly work on your creation or to do some editing. Your display also needs to be at least a full HD display so images and videos would appear clear. A 4K resolution screen would be the best option if you really want to see how good your animation would look on a display with the best possible settings.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the role of GPU in optimizing Blender performances?
GPU is mainly responsible for accelerating 3D modeling and rendering performances, whilst lending a helping hand to the processor. However, it becomes extremely important for Cycles production rendering and Eevee real-time rendering. According to us, a GPU with higher VRAM is preferred for better rendering performances. Although GTX cards would suffice, RTX opens up the OptiX API support and future-proofs your Blender usage.
Shall I opt for a processor with a higher clock speed or higher number of cores for 3D rendering?
Blender relies heavily on multithreaded performances and, therefore, it is necessary to opt for a chipset with a higher number of cores. However, you must look for processors that support HyperThreading technology for Intel families and SMT for AMD families to double up the number of logical cores.
Is 3D sculpting CPU-intensive or graphics-intensive?
3D sculpting is strictly a CPU-intensive task and requires decent multithreading performances. However, the CPU fails to leave an impression if the gadget doesn’t aggressively allocate RAM for handling cached data, especially for high-poly meshes and models.
Why do I need a lot of RAM for excellent Blender outputs?
Blender, especially the recent version, comes with a large memory footprint. Be it sculpting or mesh modeling, a sizable chunk of RAM improves the caching and data duplication system. This approach speeds up the processes and cuts down on lags. Therefore, 16GB is a bare minimum for mid-level professionals who consider Blender as their go-to creative suite.
What is the main difference between Blender and Maya?
If you are into large-scale 3D modeling and rendering, especially for studios, Maya is the go-to resource. However, Blender is the perfect fit for smaller businesses and even exhibits a smaller learning curve.
What is the optimal storage setup for Blender?
When it comes to addressing the storage requirements for Blender, you need to focus on cached data, archived files, and temporary files. Therefore, it is advisable to opt for a minimum 2-drive setup, including an SSD module and an HDD storage unit. If the laptop comes with yet another upgradeable slot for SSD storage, ‘read & write’ performances get an adequate boost.
Can I use gaming laptops for 3D creative tasks?
Gaming laptops can handle 3D creative tasks with ease. Most gaming notebooks feature 9th gen H-series processors with at least 6 cores to rely on. Besides, the featured GPU and existing VRAM help improve the rendering outputs. Lastly, these gadgets feature innovative thermal layouts, which can prevent overheating despite hours of professional indulgence.
Blender is a free open-source 3D creation software that will allow you to create 3D animations or do 3D modeling. It comes with all the necessary tools you will need for animation, rendering, compositing, graphic designing, video editing, and more. A software this powerful and demanding will also require a similarly powerful device. But finding the best laptop for Blender won’t be an easy task.