Best Laptop for Elderly – A senior is a person with a lot of experience in life. However, with the rapid development happening in the world, they might miss out on the technology front. By buying the right laptop, you can help the elderly or older in your home get into the world of the internet to do things you are doing.
With the right laptop, a senior who faces certain difficulties can overcome them, as the internet is a great tool. They can also connect with the modern world and can get into the internet social gatherings like Facebook and Twitter. Similarly, these portable computers are also great to kill time and to get some sort of entertainment.
If you are buying a laptop for a senior in your home, just don’t buy any laptop. Instead, buy a laptop that we have listed. Do note that we have come up with this list after doing a lot of research and these definitely are the best laptops for seniors.back to menu ↑
- 14" WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS LCD, with DCI-P3 99% color expression
- Intel Evo Platform Powered by 11th generation Intel core i7-1165G7 Processor with Intel Xe Graphics delivers performance for high-resolution content creation and editing
- 16GB LPDDR4X 4266mhz RAM delivers a high level of performance for memory-intensive content creation, designing, editing, and multitasking
- Improve productivity with 512GB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD for dependable storage accessible in a flash
- Connect with Confidence: Two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 support, two USB-A 3.2 ports, a full-size HDMI port, a microSD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack
- Get more done on the go with up to 25.5 hours battery life with a single charge (Disclaimer: battery life will vary from specifications depending on model, configuration, applications used, features utilized and power management settings)
- Ultra light and ultra portable weighing 2.2 lbs
- Built-in convenience with HD webcam, back-lit keyboard and Alexa Built-in
back to menu ↑
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
back to menu ↑
- 13.3 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Wide View 4-way NanoEdge bezel display
- Latest 11th generation Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Quad Core Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz, with IPU)
- Windows 10 Home
- Fast storage and memory featuring 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD with 16GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows Hello
- ErgoLift hinge and backlit keyboard and NumberPad
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI 2.0b, Thunderbolt 4 via USB Type C, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0, USB 3.2 Type-A, and Micro SD card reader (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more on ASUS website)
- Sleek and lightweight 2.45 lbs for comfortable portability
- MIL-STD 810G military standard for reliability and durability
- USB-C to audio jack adapter included
back to menu ↑
- 【Display】14-inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display
- 【High Speed】8GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 128GB PCIe Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup and data transfer
- 【 10th Intel i3 Processor】Intel Core i3-1005G1 Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz), Intel UHD Graphics
- 【Tech Specs】2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combination Audio Jack, 1 x RJ-45 Connector, 1 x Multi-format SD Media Card Reader; Wireless-AC + Bluetooth Combo; Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- 【Included in the pacakge】Mousepad from PConline365
back to menu ↑
- Thin, light, and stylish – This 2-in-1 laptop weighs just 3.64 pounds and is only 0.82" thick. It's soft and comfortable to the touch, with a durable paint that creates a better user experience. Digital pen included
- The 10-point, 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen allows the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 laptop to be comfortable, fun, and easy to use. It's also great to look at, with 4-side narrow bezels
- The 360⁰ hinge lets you use your 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop in whatever mode works best for you; Use it in 'Laptop' mode for everyday computing, 'Tent' mode for sharing things, 'Stand' mode for binge-watching, or 'Tablet' mode for more intuitive interaction
- Enjoy up to 10 hours of battery life, plus quick charge to 80% in just 1 hour
- Powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, you have the performance to do more, from anywhere. With more cores, you'll experience responsiveness that leaps into action for productivity, gaming, and content creation
back to menu ↑
- Compact, light design with 11.6” display
- Military-grade durability
- Ultra-fast connectivity with Gigabit Wi-Fi
- Advanced security with multiple layers of built-in virus protection
- 12.5 hours of battery life
- Google Assistant enabled
- System Ram Type: DDR4 SDRAM
back to menu ↑
- Powered by latest AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Quad-Core Processor @ 2.1GHz (4 Cores, up to 3.7GHz, 4MB Cache)
- 17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit 60% NTSC, 220 nits brightness (1600 x 900) Display; AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
- 12GB DDR4-2400MHz SDRAM Memory for full-power multitasking; 256GB SSD offers a compact warehouse for storing all your favourite movies, music, photos, and more in one convenient place
- DVD-Writer; Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo; 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 RJ-45; 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only); 1 AC smart pin; 1 USB 2.0 Type-A (Data Transfer Only)
- Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, Jet black
back to menu ↑
- REALISTIC GAMING GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q design (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated). Game and stream at ultra-speed with fast technology and breakthrough gaming laptop graphics. 16.1-inch diagonal Full HD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit display, 250 nits, 45% NTSC (1920 x 1080) with 60Hz refresh rate; 80% screen to body ratio
- FAST PROCESSOR: Take mobile gaming and content creation to the next-levelwith breakthrough performance, fast downloads and smooth streaming. 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor, 6-Core, 2.6 GHz up to 5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost
- HIGHER BANDWIDTH MEMORY & FAST BOOTUP WITH SOLID-STATE DRIVE: Boot up in seconds, transfer files without waiting hours, and enjoy a speedier laptop gaming experience with the internal 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive (2 accessible M.2 slots, 1 available), and higher bandwidth, speed and efficiency with 16 GB DDR4-2933 MHz SDRAM (2 x 8 GB, 2 accessible memory slots upgradable to 32 GB, 2 x 16 GB)
- THIN, LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE GAMING LAPTOP WITH LONG BATTERY LIFE: 14.57 inches (W) x 10.33 inches (D) x 0.93 inch (H); 4.78 pounds. Up to 10 hours and 30 minutes (mixed usage); up to 11 hours (video playback); up to 6 hours and 30 minutes (wireless streaming), 3-cell 52.5 WH LI-ion polymer battery
- LAPTOP GAMING CONNECTIVITY: With a Wi-Fi 5 (2x2) WLAN adapter and Bluetooth 5.0, all your connections are rock solid. SuperSpeed USB Type-C 5Gbps signaling rate (DisplayPort 1.4), 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (HP Sleep and Charge), Ethernet (RJ-45), 3.5mm Headphone/microphone combo, AC smart pin, HDMI 2.0
- BACKLIT KEYBOARD: Keep going comfortably even in darker laptop gaming environments. Full-size, island-style, acid green backlit, shadow black keyboard with numeric keypad
- OPERATING SYSTEM AND WARRANTY: Windows 10 Home and 1-year limited hardware warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week web support when shipped from and sold by Amazon.com
- ENHANCED THERMAL SOLUTION: The latest in heat management brings you an enhanced heat-pipe design, stabilizing your work and play in a cooling environment
- BIOS RECOVERY AND PROTECTION: Automatically checks the health of your gaming computer, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS: Low halogen, mercury-free display backlights, arsenic-free display glass in this ENERGY STAR certified, EPEAT Silver registered HP Pavilion Gaming 16 Laptop PC
back to menu ↑
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance to tackle projects faster than ever
- Up to eight GPU cores with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Fanless design for silent operation
- 13.3-inch Retina display with P3 wide color for vibrant images and incredible detail
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
back to menu ↑
- Lasts up to 10 hours creating a perfect balance between entertainment and productivity
- The 15. 6-inch NanoEdge HD display has an ultra-narrow 6mm bezel with anti-glare coating making it perfect for entertainment and productivity.
- The HD display has a durable 180 degree hinge that can be laid flat to share content easily.
- Powered by the Intel Dual-Core Celeron N3350 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2. 4 GHz) for fast and snappy performance.
- 4GB DDR3 RAM; 32GB eMMC storage and USB Type-C (Gen 1) and Type-A ports. HD Webcam
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time.
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for Elderly – BUYER’S GUIDE
- Simple & Easy to Use Interface: As mentioned, we wouldn’t want to complicate the laptop using experience for the elderly. Therefore, it is advisable to opt for devices that run the purest version of Operating System (OS) such as Windows 10, macOS, Chrome OS, without a barrage of pre-installed software and unwanted bloatware.
- You must save the thrills for the more inclined individuals and concentrate on simplifying the older adults’ device-centric experiences. Refrain from getting a device that consumes them with intricate pop-ups, demanding applications, and tedious navigations.
- Improved Functionality: Seniors prefer laptops with improved functionalities. For instance, you should get them a device with a touch-interface if they do not feel like accessing keyboards. Elderlies are more like kids with experience, and we must account for their shorter attention spans and fickle mindedness.
- Excellent Display: Vision is often a restrictive factor for older adults. Therefore, it is advisable to select devices with excellent displays. More than the brightness, a good display signifies sharper viewing angles and the vibrant reproduction of colors.
- Compact Form Factor: You wouldn’t want device management to be a deal-breaker for older adults. Even suggestive guidelines showcase the importance of compact yet portable laptops. However, the selection eventually depends on the usage patterns. For instance, active elders rely on mobility, whereas the home-bound ones can work around the more sizeable units.
- Ergonomic Keyboard: We must understand that elders, who like interacting over emails or via written content pieces, prefer keyboards with a backlit and decent key travel support. Older adults aren’t as quick as the millennial population and might take some time to adjust with the keypad on offer.
- Fast & Responsive Processor: Senior citizens never appreciate the slowness of tech. Moreover, the lack of cadence isn’t always understandable to them. That is why it is necessary to purchase a decent device with a powerful processor with higher clocking speeds.
- Better Performance: There aren’t many older adults who would understand a lot about RAM, ROM, GPU, and other processing terminologies. Therefore, to keep the experiences fast and productive, it is necessary to purchase gadgets with at least 8 gigs of RAM, SSD support for faster data reading and integrated or even a dedicated GPU that renders exceptional graphics.
- Excellent Battery Life: Old age is like a lulling wintry period for the adults that often makes them forgetful. A Skype session with the kids and loved ones blatantly interrupted by battery discharge is a major dampener. As we cannot expect the elders to remember the charging schedule, we should consider getting them a device with at least 12 hours of battery backup.
- Additional Specs and Utilities: Elders usually perform a restrictive set of activities. These include basic emailing, video conferencing, watching movies, and more. Therefore, you must check for a device that packs in a high-end webcam, a decent set of speakers, an integrated microphone, and a responsive UI.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the easiest laptop for seniors?
This list contains some of the easiest laptops to buy for senior citizens. These laptops offer various features and specifications that a senior will find interesting and some of these laptops are also affordable and are based on different OS. Depending on one’s requirement one can choose either of these laptops.
What should I consider when buying a laptop for elderly?
A good laptop for senior citizens should have a high-resolution display, possibly with a touch screen, and should offer good battery backup. Similarly, it should have an SSD based storage and should be light in weight, which will make it easy to carry around. However, it doesn’t need to offer high-end specifications, which will drive up the laptop’s price.
What computer OS is easy for seniors?
It is very hard to mention a specific OS that might work for every senior. Depending on the use-case, one might want to get a laptop with Windows OS, macOS, or even consider a laptop with ChromeOS without any issue.
Are laptops easy to use for old people?
Not all laptops are easy to use for seniors. The laptops that we have shortlisted will be easy to use for seniors. These laptops also offer a ton of features like a touch screen, faster storage, and amazing battery life that makes sure that they don’t slow time over a matter of period.
Laptops are not meant for business anymore. Instead, they can laptops now be used for entertainment and connecting with loved ones, because they are portable and have long-time usability. Taking care of senior citizens, some laptops are also featured as senior-friendly laptops. Here is a list of the best laptop for seniors and elders which you can gift your parents when retired.