Best Laptop For Engineering – I’ll be the first to admit that years ago a laptop’s aesthetic appeal was what drew me to it, (still does) and there were several instances when I ended up with fancy-looking but poorly performing machines because I didn’t know what else to look for.
So, looks aside, what should you focus on? Here’s a short guide that just might help you escape the mistakes I made.
Buying a Laptop under a budget could be difficult to find. In case you’ve still not found the right model for your computing needs, feel free to check our Laptop finder. You can enter the specifications such as brand, CPU, RAM, OS, budget, and it’ll help you find the models that match your filters.
Now, you have a comprehensive list of the Best Laptops for Engineering. All laptops on our list get several positive reviews from users and they come with impressive features and powerful hardware and specs.
You should also note that the focus of mid-range laptops is on practicality and not power. However, you’ll be able to get laptops that serve the dual purpose of portability and performance on our list.
Here we are with the list of best laptops for Engineering. All the laptops have been reviewed and curated according to the need and requirements of the users. You may find it a bit difficult if you are new to this, but you can take the help of our guide and the description we have mentioned.
Each aspect has been brought into consideration carefully so that you are not stuck at any point. Whether you are into gaming, programming, designing, writing, or want it for general use, the models we’ve listed above can surely be helpful and satisfy your computing needs.back to menu ↑
- 15 6" FHD (1920*1080) IPS-Level 60Hz 45%NTSC Thin Bezel NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650 [Max-Q] 4G GDDR5
- Core i5-9300H 2 4 - 4 1GHz Intel 9560 Jefferson Peak (2x2 802 11 ac)
- 256GB NVMe SSD 8GB (8G*1)DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
- USB 3 2 Gen1 Type C *1 USB 3 2 Gen1 *3,720p HD Webcam
- Win 10 Multi-language Speakers 2W*2 3 cell (51Whr) Li-Polymer 150W
back to menu ↑
- AMD Ryzen 5 3550H Quad-Core Processor (Up to 3.7GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display
- 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: 802. 11ac Wi-Fi featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2. 4GHz and 5GHz) | LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
back to menu ↑
- REALISTIC GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated). Enjoy new levels of gaming realism and performance with real-time ray-tracing technologies. VR and mixed reality ready. 17.3-inch diagonal FHD, IPS, anti-glare, WLED-backlit, 300 nits, 100% sRGB (1920 x 1080) display with 60Hz refresh rate
- CUTTING-EDGE GAMING PERFORMANCE: Play the latest PC games, including Fortnite, PUBG, and Overwatch, from anywhere—without sacrificing performance
- OMEN COMMAND CENTER: Easily turn up your performance with included software that enables control over your CPU overclocking settings and prioritizes your gaming traffic to minimize latency
- BIOS RECOVERY PROTECTION: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS: Low halogen, mercury-free display backlights, arsenic-free display glass in this ENERGY STAR certified, EPEAT Silver registered HP laptop
- FAST PROCESSOR, HIGHER BANDWIDTH MEMORY & FAST BOOTUP WITH SOLID-STATE DRIVE: 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10300H Processor, Quad-Core, 2.5GHz up to 4.5GHz with Intel Turbo Boost; 8 GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB) with two accessible memory slots upgradeable to 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) & 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
- PORTS: SuperSpeed USB Type-C 10Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge), 3 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (HP Sleep and Charge), RJ-45 Ethernet Port, 3.5mm headphone/microphone combo, AC smart pin, HDMI 2.0
- BATTERY LIFE: Up to 8 hours and 45 minutes (mixed usage); up to 7 hours and 15 minutes (video playback); up to 6 hours and 15 minutes (wireless streaming)
- THIN, LIGHT AND PORTABLE (unpackaged): 15.94 inches (W) x 11.10 inches (D) x 1.00 inch (H); 6.07 pounds
- OPERATING SYSTEM AND WARRANTY: Windows 10 Home and 1-year limited hardware warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week web support when shipped from and sold by Amazon.com
back to menu ↑
- Screen size:14 inch
- Resolution: FHD (1920X1080)
- Compatible Model: for ASUS ZenBook Flip 14 UX461 UX461U UX461UA UX461UN Series
- Delivery:Fast Shipping 2-6 Working Days(Warranty：90 days).
- No insturction or tools.Each item has been tested before shipping.
back to menu ↑
- 8GB DDR4 256GB SSD 1TB HDD
- Equipped With The Latest and Powerful Enough 10th Generation Intel Core i5 Processors, Intel Quad-Core i5-10300H, (2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 4.5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 8 Treads)
- 15.6 inch FHD(1920x1080) 220nits WVA Anti-Glare LED Backlit Display(non-touch), 60Hz refresh rate, Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C; 1 MiniDP; 1 RJ-45 Killer Networks E2500V2 Gigabit Ethernet Port; 1 HDMI 2.0; 1 SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 1; 2 SuperSpeed USB 2.0; 1 Headset Jack
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Integrated HD Webcam, Backlit Keyboard, 802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth, 2 tuned speakers with nahimic 3D Audio for Gamers, 3-Cell Battery, 51 Whr (Integrated):
back to menu ↑
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6 Graphics (Base: 1380MHz, Boost: 1515MHz, TDP: 50W)
- AMD Ryzen 5 4600H Processor (up to 4.0 GHz)
- 15.6” 144Hz FHD (1920x1080) IPS-Type display
- 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | 8GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Windows 10 Home
- Durable MIL-STD-810H military standard construction
- Dual fans with self-cleaning anti-dust technology to extend system longevity
- RGB Backlit keyboard rated for 20-million keystroke durability
- Gigabit Wave 2 Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
- Bundle: Get 30 days of Xbox Game Pass for PC with purchase
back to menu ↑
- [15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare display, Three-sided mylar bezels] 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare display enhance your competitiveness with blindingly fast refresh rates up to 144Hz and 5ms response times or immerse yourself in visual pyrotechnics.The understated Phantom Black body further balances and blends your gaming and daily lifestyles via a clean display framed by slim, three-sided mylar bezels and a top-placed webcam with physical privacy shutter.
- [AMD Ryzen 5 4600H & NVIDIA GeForce] More cores mean more performance. With the highest number of cores available for ultrathin laptops, AMD Ryzen 5 4600H lets you do more, faster than ever before. NVIDIA GeForce graphics are powered by the most advanced GPU architecture ever created and immerse you in incredible realism and performance in the latest games. The future of gaming starts here.
- [Memory and Hard Drive]Plenty of high-bandwidth 8GB RAM save files fast and store more data with massive amounts of storage and advanced communication power, 256GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0x4 NVMe + 1TB HDD are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more, Holds a significant collection of digital photos, music, HD videos and DVD-quality movies.
- [Wi-fi 6 & Webcam with Privacy Shutter] Connect to Wi-Fi 6 - 802.11 ax for fast and steady connections even on crowded public platforms, Webcam with Privacy Shutter to enjoy privacy right at your fingertips.
- [Windows 10] Fast and responsive Technologies like InstantGo let you boot up and resume quickly making it a great choice for Gamers.
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10300H Processor (Up to 4.5GHz)
- 15" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit 144Hz Refresh Display | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 8GB DDR4 2933MHz Memory | 256GB NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots - 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN | Wireless: Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax
- Backlit Keyboard | Acer CoolBoost Technology with Twin Fans and Quad Exhaust Ports Design
back to menu ↑
- Sleek design and standout value. At just 2.44 lbs, it’s light, portable, and easy to keep by your side throughout the day.
- Be productive, browse, and binge watch on the 12.4” PixelSense touchscreen display.*
- Convenient security with Windows Hello sign-in, plus Fingerprint Power Button with Windows Hello and One Touch sign-in on select models.
- Run your favorite apps and keep up on social media with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor.
- Show your best side on video calls, meetings, and virtual get-togethers with the built-in 720p HD camera.
back to menu ↑
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8265u Processor (Up to 3. 9GHz), 8GB onboard DDR4 Dual Channel Memory & 256GB Pie NV Me SSD
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS Multi Touch Display
- Back lit keyboard, Intel Wireless AC 9560 802. 11AC Gigabit Wi Fi & Bluetooth 5. 0
- 1 USB Type C ports USB 3. 1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gaps) DisplayPort over USB Type C & USB charging, 2 USB 3. 0 port (one featuring power off charging) & 1 HDMI Port
- Windows 10 Home & 3 cell Li ion (4670 mAh) battery, Up to 10 hours Battery Life
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop For Engineering – BUYER’S GUIDE
- Processor: A laptop with Intel Core i5 combined with a good GPU can do both CPU and graphic-intensive tasks. However, if you aren’t into graphics-intensive tasks, then you can get a laptop with an i7 processor and integrated GPU. Although, CPU is an essential part, but if you’re looking for some cheap models, then you can go for an Intel Core i3 or an AMD equivalent processor.
- Storage: We always recommend choosing a laptop with SSD drive since they increase the bootup speed as compared to the HDD. Size-wise, consider getting the one that has at least 128GB storage. Also, with a budget like this, you can easily get a machine with a 1TB HDD.
- RAM: As per the general requirement, you will need 8GB RAM in your system. It is highly recommended since all your applications will get enough space to work without any lag or error.
- Display: You can easily expect a decent high-quality display in this budget. All the laptops we have mentioned below have excellent displays and do fulfill your gaming or any high-end needs from the system.
- Battery Life: No matter whatever budget you have, any system needs a good battery life. Either be it for your general usage, or for gaming purposes. The models we have listed in the list below have at least 6 hours of battery life or even mor
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best laptops for engineering students or engineers ?
Whether you are into electrical , mechanical , computer , civil , software , chemical , aeronautical or even an aerospace engineering , you’re probably thinking that most laptops out there are not capable of running all the different software engineers encounter at work or during their studies.
I had the exact same thinking. I was afraid whatever laptop I ended up with wouldn’t be able to keep up with the projects/programs I’ll encounter unless I spend all my money on some thick heavy brick with the latest graphics card and processor in it.
As a rule of thumb, 8GB is the bare minimum for engineering students, provided they are more into online tasks, browser usage, spreadsheet management, and other moderately demanding tasks. However, for civil, mechanical, and students from similar engineering domains, 16GB is a decent mark considering the massive processing workload that might require managing.
While 10th gen processors are decent, future-proof choices, the H-series can be overkill if you are into basic tasks. You must only consider a 10th gen H-series CPU if you want to use the laptop even as an engineering professional. In most cases, a U-series processor is more than adequate when basic processes are concerned.
As an engineering student, you would want to save money for the more essential specifications like storage and RAM. Moreover, with such a vast engineering curriculum to account for, you shouldn’t prep the device as a high-end gaming station and for leisure indulgences, mid-range GPUs like the GTX 1650 might just be more than adequate.
If you are primarily interested in coding, the MacBook Pro is quite a reliable gadget to consider. Then again, students from the core engineering domains like Mechanical and Civil are better off using Windows-powered notebooks, precisely for the software-centric compatibility on offer. Besides, if you still want to opt for a MacBook, it is advisable to opt for dual boot support for getting app-support for Windows or even Linux OS.
As an engineering student, you might need to store massive volumes of data which calls for the inclusion of a sizable storage module, preferably dual-storage for keeping gadget prices in control. Besides, you also need to take a closer look at the keyboard travel considering the fact that engineering students and even professionals need to type a lot. Last but not least, students who prefer moving across the country for relevant indulgences must look to purchase light-weighted and autonomous gadgets, offering a decent battery backup.
There’re dozens of laptops for the Engineering Students. It comes down to your requirements. If you’re looking for a gaming laptop, you would definitely need one with the a good graphics card and ram. If you’re looking for professional use, you might be good with reasonable hard disk and memory.
Anyways, I’ve done an in-depth (hands on) research and shortlisted 10 best laptops for Engineering Students. In this blog post, I’d be putting down these best of the best laptops along with in-depth and unbiased reviews. You can’t afford NOT to look at the nitty gritty.