Best Laptop for Fortnite -We hope you found something to your liking in our options for the best gaming laptop. A few popular models didn’t quite make the cut, but we tried to include systems for casual and hardcore gamers alike. If you’re looking for a beastly desktop rig to match your new portable gaming machine, be sure to check out our list of the best gaming PCs.
Like most gamers do, it’s a good step to customize the gaming laptop you choose in order to create a portable gaming rig that best works for you and your gaming requirement. From upgrading RAM, storage, and wireless cards, to using external add-ons such as gaming joystick, gaming mouse, gaming keyboard, and external cooling pad, there are plenty of ways how you can customize your laptop to best suit your gaming requirements.
Fortnite is nothing less than a testament to the great use of the modern engine mixed with an amazing design. There are still plenty more choices no doubt, that being said the laptops mentioned above are the top of the line. We hope our list is able to help you make an informed and smart choice.
The list was compiled with due diligence and research. Always remember to keep in mind while buying your laptop according to your needs and obviously the games you wish to play.back to menu ↑
1.MSI GE75 Raider
- 17.3" FHD (1920x1080), 240Hz 3ms, IPS-Level | NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 8G GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-10875H 2.3 - 5.1GHz | Killer Wi-Fi6 AX1650 (2*2 ax)
- 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 3200MHz | 2 Sockets | Max Memory 64GB
- Killer LAN E3100 | Giant Speakers 3W*2 + Subwoofer 3W *2 | 720p HD Webcam
- Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining | Multi Touch
- Connectivity technology: Mini DisplayPort
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor (6-Core, 2.6 GHz Upto 5.0 GHz, 12 MB Cache), 32GB DDR4 Memory 2933 MHz, 1024GB PCIE SSD
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Edge-To-Edge LED Display (144Hz Refresh Rate), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6
- 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet, WiFi 6 - 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.0, HD Audio with Stereo Speakers, Webcam
- 2 x USB 3.2 Type-C, 3 x USB 3.1 Type-A Gen 1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Mini DisplayPort, 1 x Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack, 1 x RJ-45
- RGB Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 45WHr 3-cell lithium_ion, 4.7lb, Black
back to menu ↑
3.Dell G3 15
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10300H Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 4 cores)
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 120Hz 250 nits WVA Anti-Glare LED Backlit Narrow Border Display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6
- 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive, 8GB DDR4-2933MHz RAM 2x4G
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2x2) Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10
back to menu ↑
4.Asus TUF FX505DT
- [Feature]: Durable gaming laptop with MIL-STD-810 military standard construction | Immersive DTS surround sound | Dual fans with anti-dust technology, RGB backlit Keyboard
- [Processor]:AMD Ryzen 7 Quad-core Processor AMD R7-3750H 4 MB Cache, Base Clock 2.3Ghz, Max Boost Clock Ghz,
- [Display]: 15.6" Full HD IPS Anti-Glare Widescreen LED 1920 x 1080 Display. Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q
- [Memory & Storage]:16GB DDR4 Memory | 256GB PCIE Solid State Drive (Boot SSD) + 1TB HDD ,Original Factory Box will be opened and resealed for Upgrade.
- [Other]: Weight Only 4.9 lbs | 1 Inch Thin | Woov Laptop Protective Sleeve | Windows 10 | WIFI | 802_11_AC | Upto 5 Hours Battery Life | HDMI | Webcam | Bluetooth
back to menu ↑
5.Gigabyte AERO 15
- 15.6" 0.11 inch ultra-thin bezel | Samsung UHD 3840x2160 AMOLED display | X-Rite Pantone Certified for color calibration
- Intel Core i7-9750h (2.6Ghz-4.5GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with MAX-Q design GDDR6 8GB Supports NVIDIA Optimus technology; Chipset: Mobile Intel HM370 Express Chipset
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Samsung DRAM module | M.2 NVMe PCIe 512GB Intel 760P SSD | Windows 10 Pro
- Microsoft Azure AI | all Intel inside | Intel Thunderbolt 3 | Killer Ethernet E2600/ Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (powered by Intel)
- 94.24Wh 8.5hrs Long battery life | per-key RGB backlit programmable keyboard | UHS-II SD card reader
- Nahimic 3D Audio | Bluetooth V5.0 + LE | HDMI2.0 | mini-DP 1.4 | 230W adapter
- 14 x 9.8 x 0.8 inch | 4.4 pounds | 1 Year Global warranty
back to menu ↑
- The powerful 9th Generation Intel Core i5-9300H (2.4 GHz base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz base with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores), With ultra-low-voltage platform and quad-core, eight-way processing, provides maximum high-efficiency power to go. The Intel Turbo Boost technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it.
- 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) Display. NVIDIA G-SYNC technology; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics backed by 4GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory for an ultrafast, advanced GPU to fuel your games.
- 12GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM Transfer rates up to 2666 MT/s Memory for full-power multitasking; 1TB 7200 rpm SATA + 128GB PCI-e Solid State Drive for faster performance and better reliability; Pci-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more.
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 200 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo; 1 HDMI, 1 headphone/microphone combo, 1 microphone-in, 1 Mini DisplayPort, 1 RJ-45, 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge), 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only), 1 AC smart pin, 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (5 Gb/s signaling rate, DisplayPort 1.2, Power Delivery 3.0, HP Sleep and Charge)
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit; backlit keyboard for easy typing in dim or dark locations.
back to menu ↑
7.ASUS ROG G531GT
- 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H Processor (6-Core, 2.6 GHz Up to 4.5GHz, 12MB Cache), 32GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB HDD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit Display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
- 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet, 802_11_AC, Bluetooth 4.1, HD Audio with Stereo Speakers
- 3 x USB 3.0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/microphone Combo Jack, 1 x RJ-45
- RGB Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 3-cell lithium_ion, 5.29lb, Black
back to menu ↑
8.Acer Predator Helios
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
back to menu ↑
9.Apple MacBook Pro
- Tenth-generation quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology
- Backlit Magic Keyboard
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Ultrafast SSD
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Force Touch trackpad
back to menu ↑
- 11th Generation Intel(R) Core)TM) i7-1165G7 Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.7 GHz).
- 8GB, 1x8GB, DDR4, 3200MHz.
- 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive.
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlight Non-Touch Narrow Border WVA Display.
- Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory
back to menu ↑
What Is Fortnite?
It is an online game which is developed by Epic Games with two game modes.
Fortnite: Save the World is a paid-for PvE (players-versus-environment) based campaign. Playing this mode involves a maximum of four players.
The Fortnite Battle Royale is a PvP (player-versus-player) game. There are up to 100 players involved which are grouped in duos or squads. The last player or group standing gets the victory royal at the end of hostilities.
How to play Fortnite on laptop
You must read the tips here before you start with this highly popular battle royal game. The following easy steps will get you started on your laptop:
- Step 1: Click the link to download the game on your laptop
- Step 2: Go straight away and open the downloaded Fortnite on your laptop
- Step 3: The game comes up on your laptop; now sign in and create your account
- Step 4: Click on the icon battle royal
- Step 5: If you are a beginner, it is advised that you first familiarize yourself with the settings at this point to get along smoothly with the interface of the game.
- Step 6: You are now getting set for real action. Click the input icon to see the keys for actions
- Step 7: Select your preferred game mode and click on accept
- Step 8: Click on play and you will be taken to thick of actions on your laptop. You are going to find yourself in Spawn island for about 60 breathtaking seconds. You can practice using: pickaxe, picking up weapons, ammunition, and building materials. When the number of players gets to 100, you will be taken to the Battle Box. You must keep an eye for chests (contains ammunition that you will need); ammunition as well as medical supplies.
- Step 9: Make use of your pickaxe to collect building materials; grab as much as you can because they do not take up space in your backpack. If an opponent appears at this junction; it is either you dodge the opponent or press key to shoot the opponent.
- Step 10: When you are satisfied with your stock of building materials; move into actions by building defensive structures. The key Q takes you to the building mode and you can access your blueprint by pressing any of keys F1-F4. You can edit your building structure by pressing the key G.
- Step 11: Now that you are in the thick of actions; an indicator will pop up to alert you that a storm is building. Press M for safety purposes.
- Step 12: This will end for you when you are eliminated. You can watch by the sidelines to see the progress of the player that eliminated you or you can start another game.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does playing Fortnite slow down the laptop?
Often while downloading Fortnite, some files are bigger and often get lost along the way, which can sometimes slow your laptop. But if you keep your laptop free of junk and use it with care, there shouldn’t be a problem.
Can you play Fortnite only on laptops?
Not really. One can play the game on various platforms like a Playstation, Xbox One, Computers, or a Nintendo Switch. If you want a product for just playing this particular game, it might be more economical to go with one of the other choices.
Should one play Fortnite on a laptop or a computer?
Well, there is no denying that the laptop is comfier however the computer is more powerful than a lappy and they don’t overheat as fast as laptops due to the fact that a laptop is compact and has all parts under one body. That being said one should have no problems playing the game on a laptop especially if it is built with the features required and recommended for Fortnite.
Can Fortnite run properly on a 4GB RAM?
Yes, it can. To play the game, 4GB is the minimum required spec. However, if you want a great game and experience of Fortnite, then getting an 8GB sounds like a good option. With the 4GB RAM, the player might have to restart the system to refrain the game from getting laggy.
How do I get the game Fortnite on my laptop?
It’s super easy. Just go to the game site and press the button on the screen which says “Play free now”. When one clicks on that and then the game starts, a pop-down menu will come where you choose “Battle Royale”. Finally, you will see you are in the lobby. Once you are there, simply choose your game mode.
1) Is Fortnite good on a laptop?
Yes, you can enjoy a good gaming experience playing Fortnite and other modern games on a mid-range as well as a premium-range gaming laptop. Fortnite is relatively comparatively light on CPU and GPU performance. A combination of core i7 CPU, NVIDIA GTX series GPU or AMD Radeon series GPU, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, and a minimum of 256 GB SSD storage helps you enjoy Fortnite even at maxed-out settings.
2) Can you play Fortnite on a $300 laptop?
Laptops under $300 fall on the entry-level category and aren’t as powerful as mid-range and range-topping gaming laptops. Laptops under $300, including Lenovo IdeaPad 14 inch, and HP 14 inch can suffice for playing Fortnite at lightweight settings.
3) What is the cheapest laptop that can run Fortnite?
In this list, is Acer Predator Helios 300 and 2019 HP Omen are two of the most affordable gaming laptop that can smoothly run Fortnite even at the maximum settings.
4) Can I play Fortnite on my laptop
It is a known fact that laptops get easily overheated when the game is played on it. Yes, you can play Fortnite on your laptop but tight space inside the laptop cannot accommodate the components involved in having the best of these games.
There is no denying the fact that in order to get the best gaming experience, you need a powerful computer hardware configuration. But a significant part of what determines your hardware configuration requirement also depends on the game you plan to play. Compared to some of the trending games, Fortnite is slightly less resource-intensive. But that being said, it’s a good step not to make compromises on hardware configuration when choosing a laptop over a desktop to get the best experience playing Fortnite.
Many would argue that paying for more than what is needed can be an overkill. However, having a powerful hardware configuration at your disposal always comes as an advantage, especially when you plan to play the game at maxed-out settings. In this list of 10 best laptops for Fortnite, we have included models that fall in both mid and higher range, in terms of performance and price.