Best Laptop for Game Design – Once you’ve determined your scope of game coding and the minimum requirements for starting, the subsequent steps are quite easy. However, your purchase goal should be that laptop with at least some little higher specifications above your game developing tendencies
This keeps you on the safer side, and you don’t have to worry about your laptop not eventually meeting up. Remember, the specifications in the laptop you buy should be firstly determined by your activity tendencies. You’ll definitely find a laptop within your range of requirements.
We have made sure that the laptops that we have listed will offer the best possible game development experience at various price points. These machines work for both, professional developers and students pursuing a game designing/development major. Choose the perfect machine based on your requirements and budget!back to menu ↑
- ScreenPad Plus: 12.6 inch matte touchscreen, giving your endless way to optimize your multitasking experience by extending the screen or split windows and apps on both displays
- 14 inch Full HD NanoEdge touchscreen glossy main display
- Latest 10th generation Intel Core i7-10510U Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz) with NVIDIA GeForce MX250
- Stand, sleeve and ASUS active stylus pen included
- Fast storage and memory featuring 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD with 16GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows Hello
- Exclusive ErgoLift design for improved typing position, optimized cooling system and enhanced audio performance . Extensive connectivity with Gig+ Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), HDMI, and USB Type C (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Note: Notebook / Laptop does not come with numberpad. That is our UX581 series.
- Quick Tip : Try to press FN+F9 to turn on the camera Pg. 40
back to menu ↑
- The Legion Y720 was built for gaming with 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processors, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics and hybrid storage.
- The Legion Y720 is the world’s first Dolby Atmos PC, delivering next generation audio that flows around you. WiFi and bluetooth- Lenovo AC wireless (2x2) + bluetooth 4.1 and LAN: 10/100/1000M gigabit
- With integrated Xbox One Wireless Controller Support and an optional multi-color backlight programmable keyboard you can choose to play your way.
- The Legion Y720 is Oculus Certified, meaning you can enter a gaming world in virtual reality. Audio - 2 x 2W JBL Speakers and 3W Subwoofer Dolby Atmos
- Built to combat heat via dual metal fans and rear air vents the Y720 keeps its cool during those gaming firefights.
back to menu ↑
- Display 15 6" Uhd (3840X2160) anti-glare wide view angle 4K
- Processor intel core i7-9750h 2.6 - 4.5ghz
- Graphics NVidia GeForce RTX 2060 6g gddr6 studio driver
- Memory 32gb (16 gram x 2) ddr4 2400mhz 2 sockets max memory 32gb
- Storage 1tb Teton glacier
back to menu ↑
- Ryzen 7 4800H Processor - 8 Core, 2.9GHz to 4.2GHz Clock Speed, 8MB Cache
- NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 (VR Ready) Dedicated Graphics
- 15.6" IPS Full HD (1920x1080) Display, Backlit Keyboard
- 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage
- Windows 10 Home
back to menu ↑
- 【Premium Materials】Premium, lightweight materials balance perfectly with unprecedented performance in a laptop this size. Immerse yourself in the stunning PixelSense Display, designed for Surface Pen and touch.
- 【Work Anywhere for A Full Day】A sleek, portable powerhouse with up to 17 hours of battery life. Get productive on the full keyboard with trackpad and high-resolution touchscreen.
- 【Work Your Way]】Surface Book 2 is a robust laptop, powerful tablet, and portable studio that adapts to the ways you work and create best. Detach the screen to transform Surface Book 2 into a thin, powerful, and lightweight tablet you can take anywhere. Fold Surface Book 2 into Studio Mode to draw and sketch comfortably and naturally. Add Surface Dial and Pen* for an immersive creative experience.
- 【Stay Connected】Connect your devices with USB 3.1, full-size SD card, and Surface Dock. Use the versatile USB-C port as a single connector to charge devices, transfer files, and display video on external monitors.
- 【The Best of Microsoft】Work, play, and create without limits. Experience the best of every Microsoft innovation, including 3D experiences.
back to menu ↑
6.HP – Spectre
- NEWEST 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565U + NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (2GB GDDR5 dedicated), Windows 10 Home 64 - Dark Ash Color
- 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB), 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Wide Vision FHD IR Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
- 15.6" diagonal 4K IPS eDP micro-edge BrightView WLED-backlit (3840 x 2160), HP Active Stylus and HP Sleeve included.
- Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, Bang & Olufsen, dual speakers, HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support
- 1 Thunderbolt 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo
back to menu ↑
- New 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H Processor: Turbo Boost of 5.1 GHz and up to 64GB RAM for powerful gaming and work performance
- Experience phenomenal performance with the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Series Super Graphics, featuring ray tracing technology that delivers a cinematic-quality rendering
- Game on with a thin bezel 300Hz FHD Display that provides silky-smooth performance and maximized screen size
- Custom Vapor Chamber Cooling System: Dual heat exchangers and custom fans to maximize heat dissipation and airflow
- Advanced Connectivity: Featuring USB 3. 2 Gen 2, 2. 5Gb Ethernet, UHS-III SD Card Reader, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax), Windows Hello, and Thunderbolt 3
back to menu ↑
- Perfectly sized 15.6" display with ultra-thin bezels and an incredible 89% screen-to-body ratio for productivity and creative tasks | This ultra-high performance powerhouse is less than 1" thick, weighs less than 5-lbs, and housed in a compact, durable CNC aluminum alloy black chassis, perfect for creative professionals and gamers on-the-go
- Eye-catching Samsung 4K UHD AMOLED display with VESA DisplayHDR 400 True Black Standard for more realistic imagery, higher contrast, and true-blacks | 100% DCI-P3 wide color gamut and super fast 1-ms display response time | Individually factory-calibrated and color accuracy within Delta E
- Up to 8-hours of battery life (PCMark 10) to get you through an entire day's work without plugging in for greater work mobility and productivity | Exclusive, built-in Microsoft Azure AI to intelligently optimize hardware profiles to match your daily usage for the most efficient power and battery usage
- Equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6GB GDDR6) for accelerating and optimizing graphic-intensive creative apps, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Maya, Blender, etc. | Powered by the latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H for faster photo and 4K video editing efficiency and high gaming performance
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz dual channel memory (8GBx2) for increased multitasking productivity and 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD (2x NVMe storage slots total) for accessing files at lightning speeds, while safely storing all of your large-scale creations and projects
- Expand your creative studio with outputs of up to 3 external displays (via HDMI, Mini-DP, and 1x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports) and a 300MB/s UHS-II SD Card Reader | Connect up to 9 external accessories without the need for an adapter | Killer Ethernet E2600 + Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX 1650 with up to 2.4Gbps transfer speed to upload and transfer multiple, large-scale files without limitations
- Gigabyte exclusive Supra Cool 2 cooling system for 30% more cooling efficiency for smoother performance and seamless multi-tasking work flow under heavy gaming or multimedia loadings
- Highly receptive full area backlit GIGABYTE RGB Fusion 2.0 keyboard with numpad and full macro per-key customization with multiple design software compatibilities for the best multimedia experience | Built-in fingerprint reader for rapid, secure logins and high privacy protection with Windows Hello
- Listen to your favorite work playlist with built-in high-power stereo speakers for increased volume and enhanced sound experience (93dBA louder than typical laptop speakers) | NAHIMIC 3 3D surround sound for full game and movie immersion with rich, vibrant details when paired with the world's best headphones
- Windows 10 Home | Gigabyte 1-Year Global Warranty
back to menu ↑
9.Acer Predator Helios
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
back to menu ↑
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750h (6-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4. 5GHz w/Turbo Boost)
- 15. 6" Fhd (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS, 300-nits 72% Color gamut, narrow-border - Epic silver
- 16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz
- 512GB Pie M. 2 SSD
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 It 6GB GDDR6
- No Media card Reader, USB 3. 0, Thunderbolt
- Windows 10 Home 64bit English
- 60Wh battery (4-cell)
- 180W Power adapter
- 1 year hardware service with Onsite/In-Home service after remote diagnosis
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for Game Design – BUYER’S GUIDE
This is definitely one of the most important factors that could ultimately influence your choice of game developing laptop. There are different products, with different prices on the market, and there are definitely different potential users with their various budgets and spending capacities.
Every game developer is therefore expected to decide on how many financial investments that they are ready and able to make on this important work tool.
Note that you can get an efficient game developing laptop for a medium price, and you don’t even have to think of breaking the bank before you get a good product.
Once you’ve decided on the amount you’re ready to spend, you can go on to make a choice from the best laptops in this price category. Not deciding on a price before time, only leaves the intending buyer torn between options, which could result in an unreasonable period of indecision.
The processor on your computer is very important in the processing of your game developing activities. You should ideally go for the processor that is able to efficiently and conveniently carry out all your coding and programming, without going up in flames.
Remember that, the more efficient your laptop processor is, the better the type of game development jobs you’re able to execute.
Some of the best processors for these types of activities are the high-performance new generation Intel core processors and some Ryzen AMD processor versions. Usually, heavy game tendencies require a corresponding good processor for the processes. Now, the higher the processor capacity, the higher the pricing.
Thus if you’ve decided on your game development tendencies, it is possible to get a medium processor at a lower cost, and not go for a higher processor that is not necessarily needed.
Some of the common processors for game development are the i7 7700HQ, and the i7 6700HQ. However, there are other reasonable options to choose from too.
There are quite a number of options available that could work pretty well, but it is good you go for only the best option- and depending on your gaming tendencies.
Note that game developments are usually inclined to have high GPU requirements, but don’t let this scare you just yet. Some laptops may come with the graphics card attached to the CPU, and this may be a valid option for people on a relatively low budget.
However, various GeForce NVIDIA GTX discreet CPUs have shown the high-level significance for game development. The advantage of using NVIDIA inputs is the fact that they allow the user to some level of use exploration.
This means that you can run a different game framework, without much of an accompanying hitch. In fact, some discreet NVIDIA GPUs like the GTX 1050 Ti, allows you to run games on high settings, with a corresponding virtual reality or 4k display.
Thus, in essence, choosing the laptop with the best GPU also depends on your activity levels and inclinations.
Type Of Storage:-
When thinking of the best laptop for game development, then you ideally should be thinking of the solid-state drive (SSD) storage format, and not the regular laptop hard disk drive facility.
This is because SSD storage is known to facilitate speedy data access and use tendencies, which is a pivotal requirement in gaming. Asides from this, it is more convenient, produces lesser noise when in use, and is way long-lasting than the other options.
This does not mean that there are no still functional HDD facilities that would thrive well. For instance, the 7200RPM HDD would serve well for some lighter game development activities.
Another possibility is having both of an HDD and SSD storage provisions on the same laptop. While SSD takes care of data that must be accessed frequently and quickly, the HDD stores essential residual data that do not need speedy recalling.
Getting a laptop with good battery life is key for most developers. If you go for a laptop option with low-battery life tendencies, there are the possibilities of having disruptions in your game development activities- which could affect some of the fundamental processes of your work.
Settling for a laptop with a good battery is even important, for developers with restricted access to charging power. When making the choices, let this factor come as one of the most important.
Screen size and Resolution:-
Choosing the right screen size is also germane in the selection. Game development on your laptop requires a pixel resolution that should not be ideally less than 1080p resolution.
Find the right screen size with the best resolution that fits your game development roadmap. IPS displays are not that bad, and you could have a remarkable experience using a laptop with such a feature.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good laptop for game development?
Not all high-end laptops are good. A game development laptop should have at least 16GB RAM, 512GB storage, a Core i7/i9 processor with a 2/4GB GPU. And it should also have a great display with a minimum resolution of 1080p and it has to be color accurate with low response time and higher refresh rate.
How much RAM do I need for game development?
A laptop used for game development should have a lot of features and the first one is being the amount of RAM. It should have a minimum of 16GB RAM. However, it is recommended to use a laptop with 32GB RAM for the best experience.
Are gaming laptops good for game development?
Not all gaming laptops are good for game development. However, a majority of gaming laptops are highly suitable for the majority of the development tasks, as these laptops come with some of the best CPU and GPU with a higher amount of RAM and flash-based storage solutions.
How much storage a gaming laptop should have?
A gaming laptop should have a minimum of 512GB of storage. Make sure that the laptop uses flash-based storage and not HDD based storage. And it is also recommended to get a laptop with 1TB storage, which will be useful for future requirements.
Can MacBooks be used for game development?
Yes, one can develop a game using a high-end Apple MacBook. In fact, Apple recently launched its first 16-inch MacBook Pro, which is one of the best machines on our list. Also, it costs similar to the 15-inch MacBook Pro.
Can laptops with Core i5 Processors be used for game development?
No, because of the hardware and performance limitations of the Core-i5 processor, it is advised to use a laptop with at least a Core-i7 processor or above for developing games. In theory, one can even use an entry-level machine for game development, but, it will hinder the overall performance and will take ages to develop a game.
We all know the speed and power of laptops from Alienware, but how do laptops stack up in terms of actually developing a game on them? So, we can assume that laptops like this are good for several things.