Best Laptop for Hacking-For very specialized things, you might end up needing components like FPGA boards or software defined radios, but don’t worry about those things until you know that you need them.
Anyways, if you’re really into this, look up Ethical Hacking. You can find courses for it all over the place and it’s usually taught by guys who got caught and eventually went to jail or worked out a plea deal with the Feds.
The same goes to you again: unless you’re really good, or really lucky, you will get caught.
This laptop can be configured to have either a Core i9 or Core i7. I’ve decided to post a Core i7 instead of the more powerful Core i9 because the difference in power for hacking isn’t that huge…it’s all about the GPU. But again it always helps to have that extra power so if you’ve got unlimited cash it’s not a bad idea to go for a Core i9.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Powerful and efficient 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor 1.8 GHz (Turbo up to 4.0 GHz)
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) Wide View color-rich display.Wireless Data Network 802.11AC Bluetooth 4.1 Battery:3 Cells 42 Whrs Battery
- High performance 256GB SSD and 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Slim 14.2" wide, 0.7" thin; 0.3" ASUS Nano Edge bezel with 80% screen-to-body ratio
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen 1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
back to menu ↑
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-Backlight Display, 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U Processor 2. 2GHz (Up to 3. 4GHz, 4 MB SmartCache), with Intel UHD Graphics 620. Featuring the 8th gen Intel Core i3 processor, experience powerful performance and seamless computing for your everyday tasks. With Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2. 0 you get that extra burst of performance, smooth streaming, and brilliant HD entertainment when you need it.
- 6GB system memory for advanced multitasking - Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once. 1TB hard drive for ample file storage space - Holds a significant collection of digital photos, music, HD videos and DVD-quality movies.
- Next-generation wireless connectivity: Connects to your network or hotspots on all current Wi-Fi standards. Connect to a Wireless-AC router for speed nearly 3x faster than Wireless-N. Built-in HD Webcam (1280 x 720) supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR).
- The USB 3. 1 Type-C port supports ultra-fast data transfers and USB 3. 0 port can charge up your devices when the laptop is powered off. Optical Drive: DVD RW - Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats.
- Windows 10 operating system: Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.
back to menu ↑
3.Alienware m15 R3
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Graphics Card 8GB
- 15.6" Full HD 300Hz 3ms 300-nits 100% sRGB Color Gamut Display
- 512GB Solid State Drive, 16GB DDR4 RAM
- RGB per-key backlit keyboard, Killer Wifi AX, Bluetooth, Windows 10
back to menu ↑
4.MSI GL65 Leopard 1
- 15.6" FHD IPS-Level 144Hz 72%NTSC Thin Bezel close to 100%Srgb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8G GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6-5.0GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2 x 2 ax)
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
- USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C 1 USB 3.2 Gen1 3 Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining 720p HD Webcam
- Win10 Multi-language Giant Speakers 3W x 2 6 cell (51Wh) Li-Ion 230W
back to menu ↑
5.Apple Macbook Pro
- 3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
- 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 256GB SSD storage, 13.3" 2560 x 1600 IPS Retina Display
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650
back to menu ↑
6.Lenovo Legion Y545
- Powered by 9th Gen Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H(6 Cores, 12 MB SmartCache,2.6GHz up to 4.50GHz), Ultra-low-voltage platform. hexa-core, twelve-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- 15.6" Full HD display; The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Energy-efficient LED backlight.
- 32GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM Memory for full-power multitasking; 1TB HDD + 1TB PCIE SSD Solid State Drive. Pci-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more.
- Ac wifi; Bluetooth, USB 3.0, HDMI, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 GPU
- Windows 10 home 64 bit, Weighs 6lbs
back to menu ↑
7.Acer Predator Helios
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
back to menu ↑
8.HP Pavilion 15
- INSTANT GRATIFICATION – Experience a laptop with premium performance, so you can spend less time getting more done; it’s like a small PC that’s compact enough to go where you go with a long-lasting battery to power you through your day
- EPIC ENTERTAINMENT – With audio by B&O, a larger screen-to-body ratio, and a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edged screen to maximize your view, entertainment on your laptop feels like bringing the theater home (1)
- IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICS – The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a new level of graphics performance with crisp, stunning visuals, plus the convenience of a thin and light laptop (2)
- UNSTOPPABLE PERFORMANCE – Get things done fast with the 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor, which delivers instant responsiveness and best-in-class connectivity (3)
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – Enjoy up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage (4) and experience improved multitasking with higher bandwidth thanks to 16 GB of RAM
- WORK ON THE GO – Get work done on the go with a long battery life of up to 8 hours (5) while HP Fast Charge lets you go from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes (6)
- OS AND WARRANTY – Do more with better peace of mind thanks to the HP 1-year limited hardware warranty and the seamlessly integrated Windows 10 Pro operating system (7)
- EFFORTLESSLY CONNECTED – Enjoy a smoother wireless experience with Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) (8) and Bluetooth 5.0 combo (9), all your connections are solid and up to 3x faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5 (10)
- FULL-SIZE KEYBOARD – Work comfortably with a full-sized keyboard, integrated numeric pad, and a Precision Touchpad
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY – Stay energy-efficient and sustainable with a laptop that is Energy Star certified (11), EPEAT Silver registered (12), and built with a low halogen display (13)
back to menu ↑
9.Flagship Dell G5
- 【10th Gen Intel 6-Core i7 Processor】10th Generation Intel 6-Core i7-10750H (12MB Cache, up to 5.0 GHz, 6 cores), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6
- 【15.6" FHD 120HZ Display】15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) 120Hz 250 nits WVA Anti- Glare LED Backlit Narrow Border Display
- 【High Speed RAM】RAM Is Upgraded To 32GB DDR4 Memory For Multitasking Adequate High-Bandwidth RAM To Smoothly Run Multiple Applications And Browser Tabs All At Once;
- 【Enormous Space】Hard Drive Is Upgraded to 1TB Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup and data transfer for ample storage space
- 【Backlit Keyboard and WIFI 6】1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x Headset jack, 2 x SuperSpeed USB 2.0, 1 x Wedge lock slot, 1 x SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet, 1 x USB-C with DisplayPort Alt-Mode, Bundled with AllyFlex Mouse Pad, Authorized Sellers ONLY
back to menu ↑
10.Acer AN5155470KK NITRO
- Acer Nitro 5 An515-54-70Kk
back to menu ↑
BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
For a hacking laptop, 8GB RAM should be the absolute minimum. 16GB or 32GB is more realistic, especially if you’re running multiple virtual machines and can see yourself expanding your hacking activities as time goes on. If you’re unsure you can get a 16GB laptop which is extendable to 32GB.back to menu ↑
You want SSD over HDD if you can. 250GB and onwards is optimal since you’ll want enough storage for applications and data sets but a huge amount of storage isn’t needed for hacking.back to menu ↑
2GB minimum but you’ll feel the difference with 4GB. If you intend to use your laptop for brute force hacking you’ll want a minimum of 4GB and possibly more depending on your hacking operation.back to menu ↑
These aren’t specs but rather other important factors you should consider when looking for a hacking laptop. You’re going to want a laptop with a long battery life so you can maximize portability and hack on the go. You’re also going to want a lightweight laptop for the same reason – you’ll be less likely to carry your laptop around if it’s heavy and cumbersome.
You’ll also want to invest in a mouse for your laptop. Using a mouse makes it much easier to quickly dart across the screen than using a trackpad does.
Most gaming laptops also make great hacking laptops so you’ll see some crossover on our list.
If you buy something through this post, HWN may get a share of the sale.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
How much RAM do I need for hacking?
We usually suggest a minimum of 8GB RAM for personal computers for hacking purposes, but the more the better. If your budget permits you then go with the higher RAM at least 16 GB or 32 GB RAM.
Is hacking ethical?
Yes, there are multiple certification courses available online for ethical hacking, otherwise called White Hat hacking practiced by the IT ethical hackers. You can attempt the C|EH exam for International ethical hacking certification.
What computer/laptop is best for hacking?
You can get any laptop with the minimum hardware configuration for hacking. Our editor has picked the above ten laptops for your comfort; you can choose anyone and start your journey.
Why do hackers use Linux?
Linux OS is endeared to not just hackers but for programmers as well as it is a free open-source OS which makes their job easy to modify or customize. Also, there are multiple Linux distros available online; hence it is the most popular among ethical hackers as well as malicious black hat hackers.
Can I get a job by learning hacking?
Of course, most of the organizations are employing ethical hackers whose job is to find the flaws in the security breaches in the systems or software developed by them and provide improvisation suggestions to prevent it from any attacks.back to menu ↑
Why Choose a Laptop with SSD Not HDD?
If you are not a computer geek, you may find the terms “SSD” and “HDD” mere letters and purchase any as long as the storage numbers in front work for you: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB. About half a decade ago, only thin and high-end laptops featured an SSD data storage, which was often expensive. SSD laptops are not only requested in colleges and schools, but different individuals from different walks of life also make use of these types of data storage for maximum productivity.
Now, what is the difference between an SSD and HDD? Here are multiple reasons to help understand why SSD is highly demanded today.
- SSD stores and retrieve data about five times faster than any Hard Disk Drive (HDD). Programs load faster and enhance the user’s productivity.
- Hard drives need power from the laptop’s battery to spin its moving parts while saving or retrieving files resulting in shorter battery life. At the same time, SSD’s helps extend battery life.
- SSD takes about 10 – 12 seconds to boot up, while HDD takes 20 – 30 seconds more.
- SSD’s lack of moving parts; therefore, it makes no sounds.
- Durability is another great benefit that comes with the use of SSDs, and any external physical trauma does not lead to data loss or device breakdown.
You might be asking the question, “what will happen to your SSD once the lifetime expires.” Worry not because even as the lifespan of the drive becomes shorter over time, the data on it does not disappear. It becomes a read-only drive. I recommend that you replace the SSD two or three months before the expiration date of the old Drive.
Well, “black hat/malicious/real hacking” (exactly what you have in mind) is just a derivative of white hat/penetration testing (people who are hired by companies to find vulnerabilities in their systems and fix them before hacks like you bring it down).
I obviously can’t just write a post encouraging to hack and tell you what kind of hardware you need to get started hacking. I would get into trouble myself.
So I am talking about Cyber Security/PenTesting instead because that way you’ll also learn all about hacking systems and the hardware for it. (Both anti-hackers and hackers are pretty much alike)