Best Laptop for Live Streaming – Live streaming is now respectable and profession and unlike any profession, it also needs good equipment to increase the efficiency of the process. The list of the laptops that we have curated will serve this purpose and we have ensured to include different models with different hardware specifications.
If you are a professional streamer or wanting to be one, then you can consider one of these models and they are guaranteed to last longer and serve their purpose without any issue. We hope that these laptops will help you improve your live streaming efficiency.
we have recommended 7 very powerful laptop computers above, all of them being perfect for live streaming. We also did our best to cover all budget ranges, so that you have a model that’s as close to your budget as possible.
The golden rule of thumb here is that the more expensive models are also better, but don’t go above and beyond your means just to get the most amazing one out there: all these laptops are really good!back to menu ↑
- 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
- Equipped With The Powerful and Latest 10th Generation Intel Core i7 Processors, Intel Hexa-Core i7-10750H ( 2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5.0 GHz, 12 MB Intel Smart Cache, 12 Threads )
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) 60Hz refresh rate 300 nits WVA Anti-Glare LED Backlit Display; Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6 and Integrated Intel UHD Graphics
- Standard SD card | Headset jack | SuperSpeed USB 2.0 | SuperSpeed USB 2.0 | Wedge lock slot | Power-in | mini DP with NVIDIA GTX 1660Ti and above HDMI 2.0 SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 1 RJ-45 Ethernet on 1650Ti (Killer Ethernet E2500V2 on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti and above) USB-C with DisplayPort Alt-Mode only on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti (Thunderbolt 3 Port (USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with support for 40 Gbps Thunderbolt and DisplayPort) on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti and above)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit), HD Webcam, 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth, Backlit Keyboard
back to menu ↑
2.Acer Predator Helios
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
back to menu ↑
- INSTANT GRATIFICATION – Experience a laptop with premium performance, so you can spend less time getting more done; it’s like a small PC that’s compact enough to go where you go with a long-lasting battery to power you through your day
- EPIC ENTERTAINMENT – With audio by B&O, a larger screen-to-body ratio, and a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edged screen to maximize your view, entertainment on your laptop feels like bringing the theater home (1)
- IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICS – The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a new level of graphics performance with crisp, stunning visuals, plus the convenience of a thin and light laptop (2)
- UNSTOPPABLE PERFORMANCE – Get things done fast with the 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor, which delivers instant responsiveness and best-in-class connectivity (3)
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – Enjoy up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage (4) and experience improved multitasking with higher bandwidth thanks to 16 GB of RAM
- WORK ON THE GO – Get work done on the go with a long battery life of up to 8 hours (5) while HP Fast Charge lets you go from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes (6)
- OS AND WARRANTY – Do more with better peace of mind thanks to the HP 1-year limited hardware warranty and the seamlessly integrated Windows 10 Pro operating system (7)
- EFFORTLESSLY CONNECTED – Enjoy a smoother wireless experience with Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) (8) and Bluetooth 5.0 combo (9), all your connections are solid and up to 3x faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5 (10)
- FULL-SIZE KEYBOARD – Work comfortably with a full-sized keyboard, integrated numeric pad, and a Precision Touchpad
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY – Stay energy-efficient and sustainable with a laptop that is Energy Star certified (11), EPEAT Silver registered (12), and built with a low halogen display (13)
back to menu ↑
- Welcome to the next generation of gaming performance with the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H mobile processor, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, and 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD storage
- Enjoy fast refresh and deep colors with a 144 Hz refresh rate and outstanding clarity on a 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display
- The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti GPU is a blazing-fast supercharger for your favorite games and the newest titles
- Get maximum performance via Dual Burn Support, which pushes the CPU and GPU together for improved framerates, and Legion Coldfront 2.0 for thermal tuning
- The Legion TrueStrike keyboard with soft-landing switches delivers hair-trigger inputs
back to menu ↑
- 15.6" FHD IPS-Level 144Hz 72%NTSC Thin Bezel close to 100%Srgb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8G GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6-5.0GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2 x 2 ax)
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
- USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C 1 USB 3.2 Gen1 3 Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining 720p HD Webcam
- Win10 Multi-language Giant Speakers 3W x 2 6 cell (51Wh) Li-Ion 230W
back to menu ↑
- [Feature]: Durable gaming laptop with MIL-STD-810 military standard construction | Immersive DTS surround sound | Dual fans with anti-dust technology, RGB backlit Keyboard
- [Processor]:AMD Ryzen 7 Quad-core Processor AMD R7-3750H 4 MB Cache, Base Clock 2.3Ghz, Max Boost Clock Ghz,
- [Display]: 15.6" Full HD IPS Anti-Glare Widescreen LED 1920 x 1080 Display. Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q
- [Memory & Storage]:16GB DDR4 Memory | 1024GB PCIE Solid State Drive (Boot SSD) + 1TB HDD ,Original Factory Box will be opened and resealed for Upgrade.
- [Other]: Weight Only 4.9 lbs | 1 Inch Thin | Woov Laptop Protective Sleeve | Windows 10 | WIFI | 802_11_AC | Upto 5 Hours Battery Life | HDMI | Webcam | Bluetooth
back to menu ↑
- 14 inch 400nits Full HD (1920x1080), Anti-Glare IPS level NanoEdge bezel display
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Quad Core Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz, with IPU)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows Hello
- ErgoLift hinge, NumberPad, and backlit keyboard
back to menu ↑
- 15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS LCD Screen
- Windows 10 Home( 64bit)
- Intel 10th Generation i5-10210U CPU with Intel UHD grapics
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512G M.2 NVMe SSD
- Up to 21 Hour Battery Life (72Wh Lithium Battery)
back to menu ↑
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlight Non-Touch Narrow Border WVA Display
- 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.2 GHz)
- 8GB 3200MHz DDR4, 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 2x2 (Gig+) + Bluetooth 5.1
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10300H Processor (Up to 4.5GHz)
- 15" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit 144Hz Refresh Display | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 8GB DDR4 2933MHz Memory | 256GB NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots - 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN | Wireless: Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax
- Backlit Keyboard | Acer CoolBoost Technology with Twin Fans and Quad Exhaust Ports Design
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for Live Streaming – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
It is nothing new for professional gamers or even beginners that the processor is the single most important piece of hardware in a computer or laptop that will work in harmony with all the other components inside to deliver the raw power that you desire for obtaining maximum performance during gameplay.
Processors have evolved, when laptops first came out, they were as slow as a snail but as we evolved, technology also did. Now we stand here with the AMD’s powerful Ryzen series processors and Intel’s range of 9th and 10th generation processors, some of which are capable of delivering a better performance than the latest consoles like Xbox One and PlayStation 4. A robust processor will make sure that you can continue your gameplay without any interruptions.back to menu ↑
Live streaming and gaming take a hefty toll on your laptop and computer unless you have the required amount of RAM. RAM is solely responsible for storing short term data. In simpler terms, the more applications and software that you will be using at a certain time, the more RAM your laptop or computer consumes to keep them running.
RAM allows you to multitask and in live streaming where you will simultaneously have to game and stream live on your streaming software, you will definitely need a good amount of RAM to handle the two things.
8 GB of RAM is the sweet spot for almost everyone, but if you are willing to extend your budget, then we recommend going with a laptop with about 16 GB of RAM in total. RAM is a significant deciding factor when it comes to, selecting a laptop to live stream.back to menu ↑
If you do not have a graphics card, then you will not be able to play games while streaming, Period. A computer or a laptop can only deliver a solid performance when it is paired up with a robust graphics processor.
Ever heard of gaming laptops without a dedicated graphics card?
Then we recommend looking at some laptops that come with Ryzen processors as most of these laptops run on the integrated AMD Radeon Vega graphics that is great for entry-level gaming and perform just as good as some of the laptops with dedicated graphics cards.
On the other hand, laptops with Intel processors do have integrated graphics, but it is not powerful enough to even handle moderate video editing let alone gaming. Fortunately, mid-range Intel-powered laptops come with dedicated Nvidia graphics processors to complete your gaming needs that perform flawlessly and offer an all-round immersive gaming experience.
Make sure that your laptop has a graphics card with at least 1 GB of video ram as it will be necessary to run some of the newest games in the market.back to menu ↑
The size of your display will not probably matter that match for the live streaming part but the resolution of your screen definitely will. A Full HD 1080p display resolution will offer better clarity and an overall improved viewing experience for your viewers.
A high-resolution screen lets you run your games on higher resolutions and texture quality as well as stream them without reducing them. HD screens with 1366 x 768 resolutions are mostly out of date, and you can easily avail a laptop with not much money that has a Full HD display.back to menu ↑
The more ports and connectivity options that you have the better it is, and this is always applicable to every laptop. More USB ports will allow you to connect a mouse and keyboard to your laptop so that you can use your laptop with more ease. USB ports will also allow you to connect other peripherals such as joysticks, controllers, external cameras, and microphones. Audio ports will allow you to connect your gaming headsets and speakers. Display ports allow you to connect your laptop to larger screens.
Connectivity solutions are just as important as other factors. You need a fast internet connection for streaming your gameplay and achieve a low ping during gameplay and for that to make sure that your laptop has a Gigabit RJ45 jack for you LAN connection or if you plan to use Wi-Fi, the laptop should support Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and at least Bluetooth 4.0.back to menu ↑
Probably not the most important feature of a gaming laptop but a decent webcam is definitely necessary for live streaming. No-one and absolutely no one can argue with the fact that watching the reaction of all the gamers and players while playing the game is often more entertaining than the gameplay itself.
For this aspect of live streaming, you will need a camera on your gaming laptop that will allow your audience and viewers to get a look at your reactions during your gameplay. We recommend choosing a laptop with at least an HD 720p webcam on it.back to menu ↑
Not only for streaming but also in general, having a laptop with a great battery backup never hurts. Make sure that the laptop you go with has at least 8 hours of battery backup time. A good battery backup time will always save you in a situation when you are travelling and do not always have access to an electrical socket to plug in your charger.back to menu ↑
You have got all the things covered to run your games and software for the streaming, and now the only thing remaining is for you to be heard by your audience. Vocal communication with your audience is absolutely important to grow your fanbase and expand it. The only way to make sure that you can clearly communicate with your fans and viewers is to make sure that your laptop has a built-in microphone.
Now let’s have a look at detailed reviews of laptops that I consider the best when it comes to streaming online.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I live stream using a laptop?
Yes, live streaming on a laptop is possible and it can be done even on an entry-level laptop. However, one might need to have a powerful laptop to gave gaming-related live streams.
Can one live stream using a MacBook?
Both MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air can be used for live streaming and even some of the live streaming apps are also available for free.
Can one live stream with the stock web camera?
Most of the laptops come with a 720p low-resolution web-camera. Theoretically, it is possible to live stream using the stock web camera. However, if you want high-resolution streaming, then you might have to use an external webcam with a higher resolution.
Is live streaming profitable?
Yes, people make a ton of money using live streaming. Some amount comes from advertisements and some from brand endorsements.
How much RAM should a laptop used for live streaming have?
Make sure that it has at least 4GB RAM, although we recommend at least 8GB to be on the safer side.
Should a live streaming laptop have a dedicated GPU?
If you are planning to live stream a game, then it should have a dedicated GPU.
Should live streaming laptop has touch screen support?
It is better to get a laptop with touch screen support. However, one can also stream on a non-touch screen laptop without any issue.
Whether you are a professional gamer who wants to start a gaming live stream channel to showcase his skills or a teacher who wants to teach their students online via live streaming, A laptop is always a great option for starting your streaming career. It’s affordable, portable, and comes with great options for dedicated GPUs, an in-built webcam, and fast processing speeds.
Basically everything you need in one small package. It all comes down to choosing what’s best for you. Here we discussed how to go about choosing the best laptop for live streaming.