Best Laptop for Photo Editing Under 500 – Here we looked at the best laptops for photo editing under $500 – though from time to time the prices may change.
The key thing to realize here is that professional laptops for editing and designing cost well beyond the $1000 range.
Therefore, you have to understand that you will not be able to achieve professional levels of work done on a laptop that costs merely around $500 range.
With that said, if you are an amateur, taking your first step into the world of photography, or just a casual editor, then the laptop under $500 are good to go.back to menu ↑
- 15.6 inch FHD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor (2M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics with Windows 10 Home
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Exclusive ErgoLift design for improved typing position
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2, USB 2.0, HDMI, and Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
back to menu ↑
- [POWERFUL PERFORMANCE]: The Dell Inspiron 5000 2-in-1 laptop is powered with the latest 11th Gen Intel Quad Core i5-1135G7 Processor (Eight-way processing, up to 4.2GHz) and 16GB high-bandwidth DDR4 memory, powerful processing for advanced multitasking, demanding computing, smooth gaming, multiple tabs browsing, and everyday tasks. 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (15x faster than HDD, stay cool and quiet) offers ample storage, quick boot-up times, fast data access, and improves the overall performance
- [ELEGANT DESIGN]: The slim and portable touchscreen laptop is 0.7 inch thin and 3.6 lb light, and you can work seamlessly, anywhere. Sleek, durable, powerful, with stylish backlit keyboard for comfort typing even in dim-light, the Dell laptop is mindfully designed for reliable performance over years. Offer 4 versatile modes (laptop, tablet, tent, stand) to best suit your viewing preferences and busy lifestyle, perfect for day-to-day computing, drawing or taking notes, and multimedia
- [STUNNING VISUALS]: 14 inch HD (1366 x 768) LED-Backlit touchscreen display boasts impressive color and clarity that’s easy on your eye. Impressive narrow boarder design delivers in an expansive screen-to-body ratio and a delightful viewing experience. Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared video memory gives you a new level of graphics performance with vibrant, lifelike color and details for internet use, fast photo/video editing, streaming, and gaming
- [EASY TO USE]: The Dell 2-in-1 laptop is easy to use, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (best version of Windows OS, perfect for Business, Education and Home) offers premium performance and enterprise grade protection, and keeps going with long battery life. Powerful dual-band Wi-Fi 6 (3x faster than Wi-Fi 5) + Bluetooth 5.1 supports Gigabit speed and smooth video streaming, a 720p HD Webcam and stereo speaker system ready for online class, remote work, and virtual meeting
- [HIGH EFFICIENCY]: The windows laptop PC is sensibly optimized for productivity. 1x multifunctional USB 3.2 Type C (DisplayPort/Data Transfer/Power Delivery), 2x USB 3.2 Type A (Gigabit speed) for fast file transfer, 1x Media Card Reader for easy photo transfer, 1x HDMI, 1x headphone/microphone combo delivers true sound. Fingerprint reader on the power button for easy, fast and safe sign-on. 1-year manufacturer warranty. 32GB USB drive from best to buy
back to menu ↑
- Operating system: Windows 10
back to menu ↑
- Intel Core i7-1065G7 (4 Cores 8 Threads, 1.3Ghz base clock speed, up to 3.9Ghz, 8MB Cache)
- 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS, Anti-glare, 250nits Display, IST Computers HDMI Cable Bundle
- 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C (support data transfer, Power Delivery and DisplayPort), 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C, 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x Audio Combo Jack
- One-year warranty from Lenovo, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, Ideal for Student, Home, Professionals, Small Business, and School Education
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10300H Processor (Up to 4.5GHz)
- 15" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit 144Hz Refresh Display | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 8GB DDR4 2933MHz Memory | 256GB NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots - 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN | Wireless: Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax
- Backlit Keyboard | Acer CoolBoost Technology with Twin Fans and Quad Exhaust Ports Design
back to menu ↑
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 mobile processor 1.0GHz (with Max Turbo Speed of 3.6GHz);Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it.
- Beautiful 14" Full HD multitouch screen:The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Touch, tap, glide and make the most of Windows 10. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Energy-efficient WLED backlight.
- 8GB DDR4 Memory for full-power multitasking; 256GB PCIe SSD + 16GB Optane Solid State Drive (PCI-e) Save files fast and store more data. With massive amounts of storage and advanced communication power, PCI-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more. Get up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive.
- 802.11ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth, 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only); 1 AC smart pin; 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 headphone/microphone combo
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.
back to menu ↑
- Compact, light design with 11.6” display
- Military-grade durability
- Ultra-fast connectivity with Gigabit Wi-Fi
- Advanced security with multiple layers of built-in virus protection
- 12.5 hours of battery life
- Google Assistant enabled
- System Ram Type: DDR4 SDRAM
back to menu ↑
- Chromebook runs on chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (*Internet connection is required).
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and slides
- With the Google play store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, All from your Chromebook.
- Convertible Chromebook with Mediate MT8173C Quad-Core Multi-Processor, 13. 3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS 10-point multi-touch screen, 4GB Memory, 64GB emcee and Up to 12-hour Battery Life
back to menu ↑
- 15.6 inches Full HD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 88% screen to body ratio
- Powerful AMD Quad Core Ryzen 7 3700U Processor (2M Cache, up to 4.0Ghz)
- AMD Radeon Vega 10 graphic with Windows 10 Home
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Ergonomic chiclet backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Exclusive Ergolift design for improved typing position
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.21 Type C, USB 3.2 Type A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Wi Fi 5 (802.11ac) (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
back to menu ↑
- TAKE CHARGE AND ACCOMPLISH ANY TASK - Powered by a zippy Intel Core i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz and 16GB RAM, get through your day with ease and speed.
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for Photo Editing Under 500 – BUYER’S GUIDE
Buying a new laptop can be a daunting task – even more so when you’re trying to shop under a specific price limit, as we are here. A lower price range often means less powerful components, but it doesn’t mean you have to settle for a cheap, throwaway product.
With very decent components continuing to drop in price, affordable laptops are boasting far more powerful specs, so your money goes further. It’s not going to be a portable gaming beast or a media powerhouse, but you’ll have enough grunt under the hood for surfing, editing documents and video streaming.
Apple MacBooks are out of the question at this sort of price, but fortunately Windows 10 has evolved to run very well indeed on less high-end hardware. We’ve also included a couple of our favourite Chromebooks in the list (just remember Chrome OS requires everything to be done on the web).
Down at this end of the market, prices fluctuate regularly, and retailers will often throw in special deals to tempt buyers, so don’t be surprised if some of the these prices go up and down – spend some time comparing prices to figure out who’s offering the best cheap laptop for you.
Bear in mind that you’re not going to be getting the most powerful or the most feature-rich of laptops, but we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at what you can bag at an affordable price point.
From vibrant displays to surprisingly robust CPUs, out list of the best laptops under £500 for 2021 has plenty of choice to offer buyers with less money to spend. Design and build continues to get better and better as well.
So as you browse around the various deals and offers that retailers have made available, take a look some of our helpful tips and advice on buying a new laptop, then dive straight into our very best picks. Enjoy browsing!back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
How Have We Chosen These?
We have set a certain criteria that a laptop in this list must at least meat to best considered among the best photo editing monitors under $500.
The first thing that we have taken into consideration is that all of the laptops have an IPS screen. IPS panel are the industry standard for photo editing and designing.
They have the best color reproduction as well as color uniformity thanks to their wide viewing angles. As far as the color fidelity is concerned, nothing beats a monitor with IPS panel.
On the down side though, they suffer from slower response times, which is a feature that gamers would certainly understand. In addition to that, they are much costlier.
While conventional IPS monitors have certainly become cheaper, the IPS display on generally tend to be quite expensive.
Note that there are two other common panel types. The most common on budget laptops is the TN panel.
This is an older technology. Therefore, it is quite cheap to produce. They suffer from the worst viewing angles and color reproduction but they have the fastest response times.
Lastly, there is the VA panel. VA panels are rare on laptops. They can generally be found on normal monitors. In terms of color reproduction as well as response time, they fall somewhere in between TN and IPS panels.
The bottom line here is that for a photo editing laptop, IPS panel is the way to go. We have made sure that all of our listed laptops here boast an IPS panel.
Mid Range Processor
We have made it certain that the best laptops for photo editing under $500 featured here have a mid range processor.
You will not find Intel Celeron processor being featured here. In fact, the processor that we suggest at a minimum is an Intel Core i5-7200U or equivalent.
This is a dual core processor with hyper threading enabled. Therefore you essentially get 4 simultaneously running threads.
Note that the ‘U’ designation in the processor pertains to it being an ultra low voltage processor. Therefore, it consumes less power and allows the laptop to have a long battery life.
You will also find Core i3 processor from the 8th generation which actually beat the performance of Core i5 7200U of the 7th generation.
All in all, we have made sure that you get a good processing power to support all of the required software for photo editing at a reasonable level.
Of course, you must realize that the performance will not be as great as it would be on quad core processors like the Core i7-7700HQ.
It is important to get a good processor because the RAM and HDD can always be upgraded. The processor can never be upgraded once purchased.
I had the pleasure of entering the stay-at-home order issued in my state with a failing laptop. Apple said it was a failing hard drive, but all I knew was that it was making horrific noises it probably shouldn’t have been.
Funnily enough, it’s pretty hard to find inexpensive laptops when nobody in your state is leaving their homes. And, since I run a photography website, having a laptop is pretty important.