As an Amazon Associate We earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Best Laptop For Visual Studio – Programming can be done on many different types of machines but many programmers want something more than just a basic laptop. Programming laptops are different from your normal mainstream laptop. Visual Studio is a fairly demanding application and requires a laptop with particular set of components that help you code better and compile faster.
it will have several hiccups when you will start compiling on it and running emulators. So it is advisable to get one with powerful enough specs that it does not slows down.
Best Laptop For Visual Studio – ROUND UP
Getting rid of that problematic keyboard, making it a worthy and comfortable to use adversary in the best laptop for programming category. Even if you don’t go for the 10th-generation Intel Core configurations, you might still appreciate the fact that all models come with more storage capacity for the same price as their predecessors.
1. HP Spectre x360
- Windows 10 Home, 13.3" inches 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) touch screen with HD-Built-In Webcam
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 1.3GHz 8MB Cache, Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- 8GB LPDDR4 3200 MHz, 512GB PCIe/SSD + 32GB Optane
- 2x USB 3.1 Type C Ports, 1x USB 3.1 Type A Ports, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports and 1x Headphone/microphone combo jack
- Backlit Keyboard, Wireless-AX, Fingerprint reader, Weighs 2.87lbs, No Optical Drive.
2. Dell XPS 15
- 15.6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge anti-reflective touch IPS 100% a do be RGB 500-nits display
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750h (12MB Cache, up to 4. 5 GHz, 6 Cores)
- 16GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x8G
- 1TB PCIe SSD
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
- 6-Cell 97Whr integrated
- Backlit English keyboard with fingerprint reader. Bluetooth 5.0
- Sd card reader, thunderbolt, USB 3.0
- System Ram type: Ddr4 Sdram
3. Dell Inspiron 15
- 【CUSTOMlZED, Professional Upgraded to: 】16GB RAM | 1TB SSD
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7 Processors i7-1065G7 (Base 1.30 GHz, Up to 3.90 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB Intel Smart Cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads)
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) anti-glare display with narrow bezel | Integrated Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1; 1x USB 2.0; 1x HDMI 1.4b; 1x Media Card Reader; 1x RJ-45 Port
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit); 【ePARK wireless mouse included】
4. HP Pavilion 15t
- 【Upgraded】 Seal is opened for Hardware/Software upgrade only to enhance performance. 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) Touchscreen Display; Wi-Fi 6 AX201 Wifi, Bluetooth 5.0, Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), 720p HD Webcam, Backlit Keyboard
- 【Powerful Performance with Intel Core i7-1065G7 Quad Core】 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 1.30GHz Processor (upto 3.9GHz, 8MB Cache, 4-Cores) ; Intel Iris Plus Integrated Graphics
- 【High Speed and Multitasking】 32GB DDR4 SODIMM; 45W Power Supply, 3-Cell 41 WHr Battery; Mineral Silver Color
- 【Enormous Storage】 1TB SATA SSD; 2 USB 3.1 Gen1, 1 HDMI, USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1, SD Reader, Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack., Windows 10 Pro-64, 1 Year Manufacturer warranty from GreatPriceTech (Professionally upgraded by GreatPriceTech)
- 【Authorized Docztorm Bundle】 Includes Dockztorm USB HUb(Special Edition Portable Docztorm Data Hub;Super Speedy Data Syn Rate upto 5Gbps;Authorized Sellers ONLY)
5. ASUS UX534FTC
- 15.6 inch wide-view 4K UHD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with 92% screen to body ratio
- Innovative ScreenPad: 5.65-inch interactive touchscreen trackpad that adapts to your needs for smarter control and multitasking
- Latest 10th generation Intel Core i7-10510U Quad Core Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz) with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q discrete graphics
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD and 16GB RAM
- Works with Amazon Alexa Voice Service that helps you with tasks, entertainment, general information, and more.
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows Hello
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI, USB Type C, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0 and SD card reader (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Sleek and lightweight 3.6 poundsfor comfortable portability
- MIL-STD 810G military standard for reliability and durability
- Windows 10 Home
6. Razer Blade 15
- More power: The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0 GHz max turbo and 6 cores.
- Ray-tracing: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is powered by the NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture and brings cinematic-quality rendering to the most visually intense games.
- More frames: Incredible performance paired with the fast 144Hz 15. 6" full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win.
- Thin and compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0.78" thin.
- Ready to connect: Fully loaded with Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3, USB type-A and type-C ports, and HDMI, for a desktop-class experience
- Make it yours: Customize the backlight color of the keyboard with Razer Chroma, and expand the memory and storage, making the Razer Blade 15 uniquely yours.
7. MSI GL65
- 15.6" FHD IPS-Level 144Hz 72%NTSC Thin Bezel close to 100%Srgb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8G GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6-5.0GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2 x 2 ax)
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
- USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C 1 USB 3.2 Gen1 3 Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining 720p HD Webcam
- Win10 Multi-language Giant Speakers 3W x 2 6 cell (51Wh) Li-Ion 230W
8. Lenovo ThinkPad X1
- Intel Core i7-9750H 2.60GHz Processor (9th Gen, upto 4.50 GHz, 12 MB SmartCache, 6-Cores) ; 32GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM
- NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 Integrated Graphics
- 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) Display; Bluetooth 5.0, 720p HD Webcam, Fingerprint, Backlit Keyboard, Black Color
- 1TB SATA SSD; 2xUSB3.0, 1xHDMI, 1 x mDP Port, 2xThunderbolt, SD Reader, 3.5mm Combo Jack., Windows 10 Pro-64, 3-Cell 80WHr Battery, 1 Year Manufacturer warranty from GreatPriceTech (Professionally upgraded by GreatPriceTech)
- Includes Portable USB 3.0 Data Hub
9. Apple MacBook Air
- Renewed products look and work like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers, which typically perform a full diagnostic test, replacement of any defective parts, and a thorough cleaning process. Packaging and accessories may be generic. All products on Amazon Renewed come with a minimum 90-day supplier-backed warranty.
- Up to 12 Hours of Battery Life, OS X Mavericks
- 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor , Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz
- 13-Inch LED-backlit Display; 1440x900 Resolution; Intel HD Graphics 5000; 802.11ac Wi-Fi
10. Huawei MateBook X
- At just 12.5mm thick and 2.31 lbs., the Mate Book X is as thin as a magazine but with the full functionality of a PC running Windows 10 Home and up to 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processor
- Features a 2K display (2160x1440) protected by Corning Gorilla Glass and a 4.4mm narrow bezel with 88% screen screen-to-body ratio, the best of any notebook
- World's first 13-inch notebook to launch Dolby Atmos Sound System providing an immersive sound experience with Dolby custom-designed and tuned speakers
- The fingerprint sensor serves as a power button, enabling users to unlock the notebook, finish identity authentication and access the Windows desktop easily and safely with a single touch
- Includes compact Mate Dock 2: USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port and VGA port; 1 year Office365 included. The computer has two Type C ports, one for charging and/or Mate Dock, and one non-charging port for Mate Dock/accessories
Visual Studio works best on a Windows 10 machine provisioned with
1. 250 gb SSD coupled to a TB of 7200 RPM HDD storage.
2. After the SSD your priority should be 8GB DDR3 OR better RAM.
3. Look for the Core i5 Sixth Gen Onwards.
4. The absolute essential is a laptop screen as large as possible with atleast a 1920×1080 resolution at 15.6, 17 “ will do.
Screen size is really important when selecting a top laptop for programming. You’ll get more on a 15-inch screen than a smaller one, for example, so it’s easier to read through code and make GUI adjustments. Of course, with a bigger display you sacrifice portability.
Memory is also key. Heavyweight development environments such as Visual Studio will run better with a healthy dollop of RAM and we’d recommend considering a minimum of 8GB but 16GB ideally.
Also consider getting an Intel Core i5 processor as a minimum – that level of power isn’t exceptional but it will guarantee you enough performance, especially if you’re doing things like working with complex website layouts that have a lot of background code. Large, complex programs compile faster with a faster processor.
Graphics can also be key depending on the development work you’re doing. If you’re working with game development in an environment such as Unreal Engine or Unity then you need to consider the graphical requirements of those apps.
And remember it’s a good idea to use an operating system that’s aligned with your goals. Want to develop in Xcode for the iPhone, iPad and Mac? Then you’re going to need a Mac.
The best laptop for visual studio must also have some specific requirements in order to give maximum output. The foremost requirement is the best processor. The processor should have superfast working with the minimum response time. Such quality is there in Intel Core i7 processor. These processors respond quickly as they have a greater memory reserved for the cache. This enables high speed and performance. The laptop should have high capacity RAM at least 8 GB. The screen should also be of minimum 15 inches.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.