Best Laptop for Web Designing – Finding the perfect laptop is not an easy task, especially if it’s for web-based careers. Throughout this article, we’ve discussed our top picks for the best laptops for web design and web development – many of which would do well as desktop replacements. In case you’re looking for a memory refresh, let’s quickly recap our top 3 picks.
Our top pick is the Acer Aspire 5 for multiple reasons. Its powerful processor and 8GB of RAM guarantee the best performance possible. Also, its display is unique and provides comfort to the eyes, which is a huge plus.
In the second place, the MacBook Air is another great option, especially if you prefer macOS and high-end performance. It offers portability like no other without sacrificing quality or performance.
Lastly, Microsoft’s Surface Laptop 2 is your best bet if you prefer touchscreen laptops. Its performance is excellent, and it doesn’t cost a fortune. Also, it offers a beautiful display with a high screen resolution.
Firstly, Thanks to some of the amazing web designers & developers, most of the websites we visit everyday look colorful. It’s because of you guys that the internet looks beautiful.
After closely monitoring the market, we have come with this list of laptops for web designers, which offers good performance, especially while running web designing or development software. And this list has been created by taking suggestions from the industry leaders, who are into web development & designing for a long time
Web designing and development are quite demanding. They require a laptop with high specifications to keep up with the latest in UX design (user experience) and programming required for a modern high converting website. Likewise, our recommended laptops for web development are also a good fit if you do any graphic design work. That’s why you need to know exactly what specs you need in a laptop before you jump in and buy the first one available.back to menu ↑
- 10th generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor. Dual-core, four-way intelligent processing performance. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it, while increasing energy efficiency when you don't.
- 15.6-inch touchscreen for convenient control. Tap, tap, swipe and get the most out of Windows 10. HD TruBrite technology that expands color and clarity. 1366 x 768 typical HD resolution. Supports 720p content. Energy efficient LED backlighting.
- 12GB memory system for full power multitasking.
- 256GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e). Save files quickly and store more data. With large amounts of storage and advanced communication power, PCI-e SSDs are ideal for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more.
- Wired wireless connectivity (WiFi 5 - 802.11 ac), integrated HD webcam with microphone. Windows 10 Home. Weighs 4.07 lbs. and measures 0.78" thin
back to menu ↑
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Active cooling system sustains incredible performance
- 13.3-inch Retina display with 500 nits of brightness for vibrant colors and incredible image detail
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
back to menu ↑
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
back to menu ↑
- 13.3 inch wide-view full-HD NanoEdge bezel display
- Intel Core i5-8265u processor (6M Cache, upto 3.9 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD and 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI, USB type C, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11AC) and Micro SD card reader (USB transfer speed may vary. Learn more at Asus website)
- Sleek and lightweight 2.5 pounds aluminum body for comfortable portability
- Windows 10 home pre-installed
back to menu ↑
- 15.6" 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge Touchscreen Display [UHD], 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H at 2.20 GHz Processor (9MB Cache, up to 4.20 GHz)
- Backlit Keyboard, 1TB PCIe Solid State Drive
- 32GB DDR4 RAM, 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- Killer 1535 Wireless-AC 2x2 WLAN + Bluetooth 4.2, Stereo Speakers with MaxxAudio, 1x USB-C with Thunderbolt 3, 2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x Headset Jack
- Integrated Widescreen HD 720P Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone Array (No Optical Drive), Windows 10 Pro 64bit English
back to menu ↑
- 17” WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS LCD Screen
- Windows 10 Home (64 bit)
- Intel 10th Generation i7-1065G7 CPU To Iris Plus graphics
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM and 1 TB M 2 NMVe SSD (512 GB x2)
- 80WH Lithium Battery (up to 17 hours)
- 6 Surge-protected outlets supply complete, 2-line AC protection
back to menu ↑
- Unprecedented Power - The Yoga Series are the world’s first convertible laptops the Yoga 730 is offering an 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U 1 6GHz up to 3 4GHz which easily handles multitasking situations Featuring the latest Intel processor 8G DDR4 provides lightning-fast boot-ups and transfer times massive amounts of storage and advanced communication power 256GB PCI-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications multiple servers daily backups and more
- Visual Enjoyment and Swift- With the razor-thin 5 9mm bezeled screen the Yoga 730 displays movies video and Skype calls in clear high-definition With 300 nits brightness you’ll see every detail Experience truly immersive sound with Dolby Atmos which creates a three-dimensional audio space Log in to your laptop in less than 2 seconds with an optional fingerprint reader — that's 3 times faster than the average time it takes to type in a password
- Designed for Flexibility - Weighing in at a featherlight 1 12 kg / 2 47 lbs and polished in premium aluminum the Yoga 730 will complement your style no matter where the day takes you Thanks to Rapid Charge technology fifteen minutes of charging will give you two hours of use—and with up to 11 5 hours of battery life to begin with you’ll never be slowed down by a dwindling battery
- More than just connectivity - Featuring the revolutionary connection technology of dual Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports the Yoga 730 offers swift versatile connection to high-res displays high-performance data devices and more—all while charging at faster speeds
- Best Windows Yet - The Window 10 defends your desktops using built-in security tools that always stay current with the latest threats Proactively safeguard your organization with enterprise-level security on all apps and devices Get all the features of Windows 10 Home operating system plus enterprise-grade security powerful management tools like single sign-on and enhanced productivity with Remote Desktop and Cortana
back to menu ↑
- 14.0-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) WVA LED-Backlit Touch Display
- 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.7 GHz)
- 12GB 3200MHz DDR4, 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 2x2 (Gig+) + Bluetooth 5.0
back to menu ↑
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8650U (quad-core) with up to 4.20 GHz Max Turbo
- Memory: 8GB RAM 1866Mhz LPDDR3
- Storage: 256GB Solid State Drive. Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 discrete GPU w/2GB GDDR5 graphics memory
- Display: 13.5-inch PixelSense Display, 10-Point Multi-Touch G5 (3000x2000) 267 PPI
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
back to menu ↑
- Simple multitasking for home: Print, scan, and copy versatility, automatic two-sided printing, borderless photos, a hands-free 35-page automatic document feeder, and mobile fax with a printer made with 20% recycled plastic
- Ink delivered to your home: Get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at 0.99 dollar per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- Mobile setup with required HP Smart app: Fast and easy printer setup that guides you, step by step; simply download the HP Smart app, connect to Wi-Fi, and share the inkjet printer across all your devices
- Better-than-ever connectivity: Ensure your family stays connected with self-healing Wi-Fi
- Print and scan from virtually anywhere: With the HP Smart app, everyone in the family can print, scan, and copy with their smartphone, and share documents to third-party software like Dropbox and Google Drive
- Send mobile faxes with the HP Smart app: This wireless printer lets you fax on-the-go, right from your smartphone, tablet, or PC for 24 months using the HP Smart app
- Automatic document feeder: This all-in-1 printer's 35-page automatic document feeder helps you breeze through scan and copy jobs quickly
- 1-year limited hardware warranty: Get help with 24-hour, 7 days a week free Web support
- Use genuine HP 67 Black/Tri-color ink cartridges
back to menu ↑
Best Laptop for Web Designing – BUYER’S GUIDE
Processor (Intel Core Recommended)
The four most popular CPU configurations are Intel i3, i5, i7, and the high end i9. Web designers who know what to look for will generally try to avoid the i3 when it comes to web design or development. Moreover, the i9 laptops & processor can be a little pricey, and you wouldn’t really need such a powerful processor.
Your best bet is the intel core i5 or intel core i7 processor for multiple reasons. Their price point is quite reasonable. Both are powerful enough to handle design or web development applications and tools like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, WordPress, Bootstrap, and GitHub with no issues.
Web designers know the most popular operating systems are Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, and Linux.
It would generally help if you avoided Chrome OS, especially when it comes to web designing and development, as it doesn’t offer much versatility.
Most developers prefer Linux because it is quite versatile. Also, it is open-source, which is a huge advantage.
Lastly, choosing between macOS and Windows is not as easy as you may think. macOS is exclusive for Apple products, and it is compatible with most web development tools you’d need. On the other hand, Windows is a lot more popular and versatile, making it a lot more user-friendly.
You should already have a general idea of how much hard drive / SSD storage you usually need—generally, the bigger capacity, the better. The only downside to larger capacities is that they cost more.
512GB SSD should be your best bet as it is big enough to store a lot of data, and it won’t cost too much. 512GB is just the perfect storage capacity for an average user.
A laptop’s memory could make or break the laptop. Even if the laptop has a powerful processor, the memory could cause a bottleneck. A computer’s bottleneck is quite self-explanatory; it means that your laptop doesn’t have enough memory to transfer the data fast enough.
Without getting into too much detail, going for a bigger memory capacity is the best thing you can do.
For web designers and developers, 8GB or 16GB are the safest capacities you could go for. Going lower than that could slow down your laptop, especially if you multitask. On the other hand, going for a higher capacity, like 64GB which is on the high end, may not be worth it because memory is expensive.
Laptop Screen for Web Designer & Web Developer
The size of your screen or display is a huge factor that you need to consider. If the screen is too big, the laptop becomes less portable and heavier. On the other hand, if the screen is too small, it might bother some designers or developers.
Most laptops are around 13”, 14”, or 15”. Choosing the perfect size depends on what you prefer. Some people feel more comfortable working with bigger screens, and others find it more convenient when the laptop is small in size.
There’s no right or wrong, and you probably already know what size you prefer from the previous laptops you’ve owned or tried.
It goes without saying that a laptop’s battery life is an essential factor that you need to consider. The last thing you’d want is having to recharge your laptop multiple times a day; it’s restricting and distracting.
Longer battery life would also allow you to use your laptop on the go during commutes and traveling. The longer the battery life is, the better.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Minimum RAM Needed for Web Development?
8GB of RAM should be your safest bet. You can go for 4GB but expect slowness and crashes. You could also go for 16GB, which guarantees fast performance, but such capacity comes at a price.
Which OS Is Better for Web Design: Windows or macOS?
There’s no right or wrong when it comes to picking an operating system. Most applications are cross-platform, which means they’re available for all operating systems. I’d suggest going for whichever OS you’re more comfortable with as they both offer similar functionalities.
Are Graphics Cards Necessary for Web Design?
To be completely honest, no. Graphics cards are essential for a decent gaming laptop, streaming videos, and animations in general. When it comes to web design, the graphics card that your laptop comes with should be more than enough.
What is the best operating system for web development?
Windows is the most popular OS for web dev. MacOS is very quickly gaining in popularity; and as for Linux, it’s a popular choice with devs. It comes down to personal preference.
If you’re still unsure have a read of our article titled ‘How do I choose a laptop for web design?‘ it goes into more detail about choice of OS, budget, display, RAM, CPU, SSD, graphics card specifications and lots more.back to menu ↑
Web careers, especially web design and web development related ones, are becoming more popular by the day. However, popular doesn’t always mean easy.
The web design market has a ton of talent, and you need a laptop that can handle the demanding career requirements without spending a fortune.
Finding the perfect balance between your budget and the best web design laptop possible can be time-consuming. It is difficult to know which specifications should be your priority when researching a laptop for web design & web development work.