Best Laptop Under 400 -It isn’t easy to select the best sub-$400 laptops as there are several laptop brands and devices in the market to choose from. However, the final selection is at your discretion and based on personal and professional preferences.
For instance, if you’re looking for an overall best option, the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is a good choice. However, if you seek a good-looking thin and light laptop, it is advisable to go with the Acer Aspire 5.
if you are looking for a unique device that can handle intricate online schooling requirements without exceeding the budget, the Microsoft Surface 3 is the best choice for students who are looking for a good sub-$400 laptop.
There is nothing wrong is buying the best but cheap laptop—the best laptop under 400 dollars in considered as the best if you are taking a start. If you have gone through all the features of a computer and now you want a reliable purchase, then the above reviews of the top-rated amazon laptops and their reviews will help you in choosing the best laptop of your choice.
The best laptops under $400 usually have fast SSD or eMMC memory, 4GB or more RAM, and a good HD display.
If you want the best overall laptop under $400, my recommendation would be the Acer Slim 5. It’s a fast and lightweight budget laptop with powerful enough hardware to handle light gaming.
For those of you on a tight budget, go for the Dell Inspiron Chromebook. It’s easy to use and will handle everyday tasks without lag. If portability is your main concern, then my recommendation would be the Microsoft Surface Go.
Hopefully, this has helped you in choosing the best laptop under $400.back to menu ↑
- 【Intel Celeron N4020】Intel Celeron N4020 Dual-Core Processor (4MB Cache, Up to 2.8GHz). 4GB DDR4 Memory, 64GB eMMC. Give you the power to surf, stream, and do so much more. Edit photos and videos faster than ever, and move between programs and Windows quickly.
- 【15.6" FHD Widescreen LED】15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit TN Display. Intel UHD Graphics 600. 1 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 - USB 2.0 ports, 1 - HDMI port, 1 - Ethernet (RJ-45) Port & 1 - Combo headphone / microphone-in jack.
- 【up to 10-hours of battery life, GM bundles】up to 10 hours battery life. Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription (activation code included). Ghost Manta Accessories including HDMI Cable, USB extension cord and Mouse Pad.
- Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode.
- If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there. Lightweight and stylish, the Aspire 1 features a 15.6” Full HD screen and 802.11ac WiFi 5 for fast connectivity and reliability that you can count on wherever you venture.
back to menu ↑
2.2020 Lenovo 14″
- Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 2-in-1 14" Full HD IPS Touchscreen Convertible Laptop PC
- Windows 10 in S Mode;
back to menu ↑
- ▌Please Read Before Purchasing ▌This brand new surface 3 comes with Intel Atom CPU (entry level), so it is not compatible with running professional software like Auto CAD, Photoshop, PR, etc. It is more likely that is an entry level tablet for remote class, meeting and watching movies. 10.8" Full HD+(1920x1280) Touchscreen, Expandable to external Monitor via mini DP port, it barely can run the apps which download from the Microsoft Store due to the OS compatibility
- Intel Quad-Core Atom x7-Z8700 1.60 GHz (Quad Core, 4 threads, Turbo 2.40 GHz, 2MB Cache), 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD
- 10.8" Full HD+(1920x1280) Touchscreen, Expandable to external Monitor via mini DP port
- Surface 3 supports standard Wi-Fi protocols (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 4.0. Connect to a wireless network and use Bluetooth devices such as Keyboard, Mice, Printers, and Headsets. 1 x USB 3.0 Type-A port, 1 x Mini DP port, 1 x Micro USB Port, 1x Micro SD card slot, 1 x Audio Jack.
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, Ideal for Student, Kids, Home, Professionals, Small Business, and School Education. You can turn it into a computer easily by pairing your wireless keyboard.
back to menu ↑
4.ASUS VivoBook Flip
- Powerful & efficient Intel Celeron N4000 1.1GHz (Turbo upto 2.6GHz); 64 eMMC storage, 4GB LPDDR4
- Featuring Windows 10 in S mode operating system with 1 year of office 365 included; Webcam: VGA Camera
- 14" Glossy screen with a Nano Edge FHD display with wide view technology and a touchscreen with upto 178° viewing angle optimized for entertainment
- 13” wide, 0. 6” thin with 0. 3” bezel for a stunning 73% screen-to-body ratio; aluminum chassis and lightweight at 3.3 pounds.
- Portable and convertible 2 in 1 laptop with four viewing modes: Tablet, tent, stand, and laptop.
back to menu ↑
5.HP 14 Laptop
- READY FOR ANYWHERE – Step into a great entry-level laptop experience for web browsing, writing emails, creating documents and spreadsheets. Enjoy streaming HD entertainment anywhere as the laptop’s thin and lightweight design lets you view more and carry less
- HD DISPLAY – See more of your entertainment on a 14-inch, 6.5 mm micro-edge bezel display with 1 million pixels of high-definition detail and powered by AMD Radeon Graphics
- HIGH PERFORMANCE – Power through even your busiest days with the AMD 3020e processor
- DEPENDABLE STORAGE – Save more of your photos, videos, and documents with 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM of memory and 64 GB eMMC of storage
- STAY CONNECTED – Long-lasting battery life* and HP Fast Charge technology lets you stay connected all through your workday and into your evening streaming
- WINDOWS 10 AND WARRANTY – Experience the most secure Windows ever built with fast boot times, increased responsiveness, and added protection against phishing and malware; all the while, your purchase is backed by a 1-year limited hardware warranty
- BOOST YOUR CREATIVITY – Bring your ideas to life with a one-year subscription to Microsoft Office 365, pre-downloaded with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the latest smart assistance features. Keep the creativity flowing with 25 GB of storage through Dropbox; with a free one year of subscription, manage and share your photos, music, and files from anywhere with Internet access
- REMOTE LEARNING READY – Connect with classmates and instructors from home and in high quality with an HP True Vision camera, integrated dual array digital microphones, and custom-tuned dual speakers
- POWERFUL CONNECTIVITY – Never worry about spotty Internet and weak connections with the latest Wi-Fi 5 (2x2) WLAN adapter and Bluetooth 5.0
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY – Do the environment and your wallet a favor with a desktop that is ENERGY STARⓇ certified, EPEATⓇ Bronze registered, and built with low halogen cables
back to menu ↑
- [Powerful Core] - Powerful and efficient Intel quad core Gmini Lake N4020 processor, with fundamental frequency of 1.1GHz and burst frequency of 2.6GHz, based on 14nm technology and 5W ultra-low power design. The built-in high-performance Intel UHD graphics 600 ensures faster image processing and provides higher image quality.
- 【Storage What You Need】- 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD storage helps you run multiple apps seamlessly. With up to 128GB TF expansion provides plenty of room for your documents, photos and videos. A separate M.2 SSD expansion is provided for greater space and faster read/write speed, which helps to keep all your favorite media files along with you, such as eBooks, songs, videos, photos, music, etc.
- 【Thinner and Lighter】- CHUWI HeroBook laptop computer weighs only 3.06lb（1.39kg） and slims to 0.84 inch（2.13cm）, perfect for at-home or on-the-go computing. It's a good choice for your life and you can take it anywhere. And the slim laptop has 14.1 inch Full HD 1920x1080 IPS display which provides better view experience when watching videos and daily working.
- 【Long Battery Life】- A monstrous 38Wh polymer lithium-ion battery with ultra-low power interl CPU enables it last over 9 hours. With fast charge technology, you can get longer time for your work, learning or entertainment. Note: Battery life will vary based on device settings and Apps usage.
- [7-in-One] - Equipped with high-speed m.2, 1 x USB 3.0 + 1 x USB2.0, fast charging DC port, 3.5mm headphone jack, micro SD card slot, TF card. It supports Bluetooth 4.2, 2.4G WiFi, 4 speakers, single camera and dual microphone. A mini HDMI can support audio and 4k60hz video output, you can connect the device to a high-definition display or projector, and support Gigabit Ethernet through a dongle. So THE Herobook Pro laptop can meet your needs and make you enjoy life better.
back to menu ↑
7.Dell Latitude E6420
- Windows 10.
- System ram type, ddr3_sdram
- Memory storage capacity, 4.0
- Package Weight, 3.765 kilograms
back to menu ↑
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (Internet connection is required).
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Get access to more than 2 million Android apps from Google Play to learn and do more.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
- CP311-1HN-C2DV comes with 11. 6” HD Touch IPS Display, Intel Celeron N3350, 4GB DDR4 Memory, 32GB eMMC, Google Chrome, Protective Sleeve, Wacom Pen and Up to 10-hours Battery Life.
back to menu ↑
9.Dell Inspiron 3583
- Intel Pentium Gold-5405U Dual Core; 2MB Cache 2.3 GHz Processor Base Frequency
- 128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive; 4GB DDR4 2666MHz
- 15.6-inch HD 1366 x 768 Anti -Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display
- Windows 10 Home in S mode; Intel UHD Graphics 610
- 802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth; Non-Backlit Keyboard; Inspiron 15 3000 Series -3583
back to menu ↑
- 14" diagonal FHD IPS BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080), Intel UHD Graphics 605
- Intel Pentium Silver N5000 (1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.7 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, 4 cores), 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB), 64 GB eMMC
- 1 multi-format SD media card reader with 64GB Hugo SD Card inside
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only); 1 AC smart pin; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 headphone/microphone combo; Realtek Wi-Fi 5 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 combo
- 32.4 x 22.5 x 1.79 cm, 3-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion, Windows 10 Home in S mode
back to menu ↑
The random access memory of any laptops works with the collaboration of the processing unit—the compatibility of both guarantees the best working system. If you want the best laptop under 400 dollars, you should always watch that the RAM of the laptop should be at least 4GB. The RAM below 4GB should not be adequate for making a purchase. If you are facing such a condition, you can skip that particular laptop and then choose the optimum.
- Storage capacity
The storage capacity of any best laptop under 400 dollars should be satisfying. All the points of a buying guide are reliable. The strong storage capacity supports the excellent working of your laptop. You can save and secure more data if your laptop has a high storage capacity. That’s why always choose that laptop, which contains a reliable storage capacity.
- Brand Tag
All the search for buying the best laptop should start from brands as the brands are the markers of the quality. Besides purchasing the best laptop from any local dealer, one should always check the brand tag. You should also try the features of any new brand if it is meeting your requirements.
If any laptop is not fulfilling the general conditions, you can skip it. Generally, ASUS, Lenovo, and Acer have the privilege of introducing the best laptops in the market.
A proper guide always helps you to choose the best product for yourself. By reading this guide and the specification mentioned above, and reviews, your purchase will become easy. You can buy the quality by checking a particular product on the internet first. That’s why always check whether the product is available at the best price.
The buying guide is necessary for guiding people. Every person does not have a good knowledge of technology and electronics and if someone wast to buy the best laptop under 400, they will find this guide very helpful and satisfying as it has covered all the features of a reliable laptop. Check all the requirements on a laptop and select the best.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What should be the quality of the best laptop?
Q2: What should be the least budget for buying a laptop?
Q3: Should I get the cheap laptop from the sale?
Q4: which brands are best for making the cheap laptop purchase?
What features should you look for in a $400 laptop?
If you are willing to spend a meager 400 dollars for a new machine, you must have realistic expectations. Expected features must include a decent chunk of RAM, long-lasting battery, portability, decent display, and a generous array of ports.
Can you play games on the budget laptop?
A budget notebook can only support casual games and isn’t powerful enough to play graphic-intensive games due to the lack of a dedicated graphics card. An integrated graphics card cannot process frame rates fast enough and almost every device on our list is unfit for hardcore and professional gaming.
Is a $400 laptop good enough for professional tasks?
A $400 laptop is a decent choice for handling video calls, spreadsheet processing, and basic productivity tasks that require minimal levels of professional indulgence. However, if you are looking for a device that can handle more demanding tasks like applications, editing, and more, the one with a decent chunk of RAM needs to be considered.
Are sub-$400 laptops powerful enough for Video and Photo Editing?
For professional editors who use intricate software sets like Lightroom, Camtasia, and more, $400 laptops aren’t powerful enough, despite the RAM upgradeability. However, online photo and video editing are well-supported.
Why do most budget notebooks offer better battery backup?
Most budget notebooks have underpowered or mid-range processing components that are power-efficient. Moreover, these gadgets are only used for basic productivity and academic tasks which puts minimal stress on the battery unlike the gadgets dedicated towards high-end gaming.
The best laptop under 400 dollars is the best and reliable option while looking for long-lasting laptops. The cheap laptops also contain all the useful features, and you can use these laptops for all the purposes. Although something is limited in it, overall, these laptops have many things for the customers. The affordable and attractive prices of the laptops compel the people to buy them.
All the brands have launched reliable and particular discounted and cheap laptops in the market. All these laptops are more than enough for light work. You can use them daily, or although their size is a little large than the optimum laptops, still, these laptops can become your priority.