Best Touch Screen Laptop Under 400 – It isn’t easy to select the best sub-$400 laptops as there are several laptop brands and devices in the market to choose from. However, the final selection is at your discretion and based on personal and professional preferences.
For instance, if you’re looking for an overall best option, the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is a good choice. However, if you seek a good-looking thin and light laptop, it is advisable to go with the Acer Aspire 5.
If you are looking for a unique device that can handle intricate online schooling requirements without exceeding the budget, the Microsoft Surface 3 is the best choice for students who are looking for a good sub-$400 laptop.
Gamers might want to explore options in higher budget segments, but even if you are tight on the budget, you can still enjoy the best games in the market with those listed in the Gaming Laptops section.back to menu ↑
- - 11.6" HD 10-point multitouch screen Display, 1366 x 768 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity, Energy-efficient IPS LED-LCD screen.; - MediaTek MT8173C Processor, Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, four-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- - 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, Plenty of high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 32GB eMMC flash memory, This ultracompact memory system is ideal for mobile devices and applications, providing enhanced storage capabilities, streamlined data management, quick boot-up times and support for high-definition video playback.
- - Standard Keyboard, Allows you to enjoy comfortable and accurate typing. Integrated PowerVR GX6250 graphics with shared video memory provide solid image quality for Internet use, movies, basic photo editing and casual gaming. Dolby Audio with 2 x 2W stereo speakers & Built-in HD webcam with microphone.
- - Chrome OS included. 3-cell Lithium-ion polymer battery. 11.5" x 8.48" x 0.77", 2.64 lbs. 1x USB 3.1 Type A Port, 1x USB 3.1 Type C Port, 1x HDMI, 1x Media Card Reader, 1x Headphone/Microphone Combo. Built-in virus protection and Google products, Built-in cloud support, 360° flip-and-fold design. Wireless-AC + Bluetooth, Platinum Grey
back to menu ↑
- Work from home, school, or anywhere with the outstanding combination of performance, connectivity, and entertainment enabled by 10th generation InteI Core processors. The Lenovo Flex 5 offers intelligent performance features that adapt to you for a personalized, intuitive, and responsive experience
- This 2-in-1 laptop combines a keyboard and touchscreen to make it easy to interact with everything on your display. You can also use the Lenovo digital pen (sold separately) to quickly write, click or drag files right on the screen
- The 13-inch FHD display in this slim, light 360° convertible Chromebook offers beautiful visuals, while narrow bezels minimize distractions. Two user-facing stereo speakers keep you immersed in the experience
- Use your Google account to easily access files, videos, music, and documents stored on the cloud from anywhere. With up to 10 hours of battery life, you'll stay productive
- Connect with the built-in webcam, 2 USB Type-C ports, a USB Type-A port, and an audio jack. It also has the latest Intel Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 a fast, reliable connection
back to menu ↑
- Intel Dual Core i5-7200U 2.5 GHz Processor (3M Cache, Turbo boost up to 3.1GHz), Intel HD Graphics 620, DVD +/- RW
- 15.6-inch Touchscreen HD Widescreen Display with 1366x768 resolution, MaxxAudio Audio, Stereo Speakers
- 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM (2 x memory slots, Expandable to 16GB), 2TB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive, Built-in media reader (supports SD, SDHC and SDXC)
- 802.11 B/G/N, Bluetooth 4.0, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, Full keyboard with 10-key numeric keypad, 1 x combo headphone / microphone jack
- Windows 10 64-bit Home, 40 WHr 4-Cell Battery, Weighs 5.07lbs, Color: Black
back to menu ↑
- Efficient Intel Celeron N3350 Processor 1.1 GHz (2M Cache, up to 2.4 GHz)
- 11.6" HD (1366 x 768) Slim Display
- 64GB eMMC Flash Storage and 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Windows 10 in S mode (upgradeable to Windows 10 Home)
- One Year of free Microsoft 365 is Included.Slim and Portable: 0.7" thin and weighs only 2.1 lbs (battery included).USB Type-C (Gen 1), USB Type-A, HDMI, MicroSD connectivity (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website).Up to 10 hours battery life that is good for everyday use.Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) for speeds up to three times faster than 802.11n.Windows 10 in S mode is a 100% app based version of Windows where applications are verified and tested for quality on the Microsoft store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode for free, which is easy and fast.
back to menu ↑
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
back to menu ↑
- The rugged and flexible 360 degree high strength zinc alloy hinge and 11.6” HD touchscreen lets you use the C214 in tablet stand or laptop mode and has 2 cameras for endless possibilities.
- Rugged and lightweight Mil-STD-810G construction protects the C214 from drops and accidents as well as spills with a liquid resistant keyboard design.
- Unlock the power of Chromebooks with access to your favorite Chrome Web Store apps like Google Docs and it is Google Play Store/Android app ready.
- Starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated up to 12 hours*.
- Intel Dual-Core Apollo Lake N4000 processor, with 32GB storage and 4GB DDR4 RAM for fast and efficient performance both online and offline.
back to menu ↑
- ▌Please Read Before Purchasing ▌This brand new surface 3 comes with Intel Atom CPU (entry level), so it is not compatible with running professional software like Auto CAD, Photoshop, PR, etc. It is more likely that is an entry level tablet for remote class, meeting and watching movies. 10.8" Full HD+(1920x1280) Touchscreen, Expandable to external Monitor via mini DP port, it barely can run the apps which download from the Microsoft Store due to the OS compatibility
- Memory: 4GB RAM, Storage: 64GB SSD; Active Pen and Keyboard are not included
- Intel Quad-Core Atom x7-Z8700 1.60 GHz (Quad Core, 4 threads, Turbo 2.40 GHz, 2MB Cache)
- Surface 3 supports standard Wi-Fi protocols (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 4.0. Connect to a wireless network and use Bluetooth devices such as Keyboard, Mice, Printers, and Headsets. 1 x USB 3.0 Type-A port, 1 x Mini DP port, 1 x Micro USB Port, 1x Micro SD card slot, 1 x Audio Jack.
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, Ideal for Student, Kids, Home, Professionals, Small Business, and School Education. You can turn it into a computer easily by pairing your wireless keyboard.
back to menu ↑
- Intel Core i3-1005G1 (1.2 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
- 8GB DDR4 2666 SDRAM
- 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
- 14" IPS BrightView WLED-Backlit FHD (1920x1080) Display
- Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 in S mode works exclusively with apps from the Microsoft Store within Windows.
back to menu ↑
- 【AMD Ryzen 3 4300U Processor】AMD Ryzen 3 4300U Quad Core Processor. Give you the power to surf, stream, and do so much more. Edit photos and videos faster than ever, and move between programs and Windows quickly.
- 【14.0" FHD IPS Touch Display】14-inch full HD (1920X1080) IPS Touch Display. Gives you the space and clarity you need to get your work done.
- 【4GB DDR4 RAM】Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once.
- 【Upgraded to 256GB NVMe SSD】provides massive storage space for huge files, so that you can store important digital data and work your way through it with ease. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY. If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.
- Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode.
back to menu ↑
- Intel Celeron 4205U Dual-Core 1.8GHz Processor | Intel UHD Graphics
- 128GB PCIe Solid State Drive | 4GB Memory
- HD 1366 x 768 LED-Backlit Display | 15.6" Diagonal
- Windows 10 Home in S-Mode, 64-Bit Operating System
- (1) SD Card Reader, (1) USB 2.0, (2) USB 3.1 Gen 1, (1) HDMI 1.4b, (1) RJ-45
back to menu ↑
Best Touch Screen Laptop Under 400- BUYER’S GUIDE
The processor determines the speed of your working system and the reliability of the laptop. It has played a vital role in buying any laptop. It doesn’t matter that if you are choosing a cheap laptop or an expensive one. If your laptops contain the string processor and the computer is lying under the category of best laptop under 400 dollars, you should make a purchase. It is also reliable for the long-lasting life of the laptop.
- Operating system
The laptop works wholly on the operating system. The latest operating system in windows 10 and other laptops also contains the different operating systems as chrome, MacOS too. The operating system should be strong to help the processor in keeping the actual function of the laptop. If the operating system of the laptop is not suitable or it is too old, the speed of the laptop becomes slow. Always choose the best working system for your best laptop under 400 dollars.
- Screen Display
The screen display of the laptop should be very satisfying. The screen should not diverge colors, and they should not irritate your eyes. Although you can use eye protection, this feature should be given priority while choosing the best laptop under 400 dollars. If your laptop is containing the best screen display, select it with features as mentioned above.
- Range of the laptop
If you have a low budget, then the range of the laptop is the most important. The question of the laptop selection arises when you make yourself confused, don’t confuse yourself. You can check the features on any laptop by simple and easy tricks. You should always see that if the laptop is meeting with all the reliable parts and it is compatible with the prie. If it’s not, you can choose any other by skipping it.
The random access memory of any laptops works with the collaboration of the processing unit—the compatibility of both guarantees the best working system. If you want the best laptop under 400 dollars, you should always watch that the RAM of the laptop should be at least 4GB. The RAM below 4GB should not be adequate for making a purchase. If you are facing such a condition, you can skip that particular laptop and then choose the optimum.
- Storage capacity
The storage capacity of any best laptop under 400 dollars should be satisfying. All the points of a buying guide are reliable. The strong storage capacity supports the excellent working of your laptop. You can save and secure more data if your laptop has a high storage capacity. That’s why always choose that laptop, which contains a reliable storage capacity.
- Brand Tag
All the search for buying the best laptop should start from brands as the brands are the markers of the quality. Besides purchasing the best laptop from any local dealer, one should always check the brand tag. You should also try the features of any new brand if it is meeting your requirements.
If any laptop is not fulfilling the general conditions, you can skip it. Generally, ASUS, Lenovo, and Acer have the privilege of introducing the best laptops in the market.
A proper guide always helps you to choose the best product for yourself. By reading this guide and the specification mentioned above, and reviews, your purchase will become easy. You can buy the quality by checking a particular product on the internet first. That’s why always check whether the product is available at the best price.
The buying guide is necessary for guiding people. Every person does not have a good knowledge of technology and electronics and if someone wast to buy the best laptop under 400, they will find this guide very helpful and satisfying as it has covered all the features of a reliable laptop. Check all the requirements on a laptop and select the best.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What features should you look for in a $400 laptop?
If you are willing to spend a meager 400 dollars for a new machine, you must have realistic expectations. Expected features must include a decent chunk of RAM, long-lasting battery, portability, decent display, and a generous array of ports.
Can you play games on the budget laptop?
A budget notebook can only support casual games and isn’t powerful enough to play graphic-intensive games due to the lack of a dedicated graphics card. An integrated graphics card cannot process frame rates fast enough and almost every device on our list is unfit for hardcore and professional gaming.
Is a $400 laptop good enough for professional tasks?
A $400 laptop is a decent choice for handling video calls, spreadsheet processing, and basic productivity tasks that require minimal levels of professional indulgence. However, if you are looking for a device that can handle more demanding tasks like applications, editing, and more, the one with a decent chunk of RAM needs to be considered.
Are sub-$400 laptops powerful enough for Video and Photo Editing?
For professional editors who use intricate software sets like Lightroom, Camtasia, and more, $400 laptops aren’t powerful enough, despite the RAM upgradeability. However, online photo and video editing are well-supported.
Why do most budget notebooks offer better battery backup?
Most budget notebooks have underpowered or mid-range processing components that are power-efficient. Moreover, these gadgets are only used for basic productivity and academic tasks which puts minimal stress on the battery unlike the gadgets dedicated towards high-end gaming.
Since the touch screen technology adds extra expense to a laptop, you will find difficulty in choosing a high-end laptop with touch screen capability. Though the famous Microsoft Surface Pro and SurfaceBook come with the touch screen and high specs, they are expensive in the market.