Best Video Editing Laptop Under 1000 -All in all, the goal was to find the best cheap laptop for editing youtube videos and creating vlogs on the go. While they clearly have a few limitations, they will doubtlessly prove good enough as an asset computer for editing videos while traveling.
And so, with systems like the Asus ZenBook 13 and Lenovo Yoga 720 up for grabs, and a MacBook that just happens to fall under that category (everyone loves the Mac), there is no need for further proof that having a budget below $1000 is no excuse for buying a low-quality laptop. All that is needed is a little direction, and this list rounds up the best budget video editing laptops.
We live in an age where digital video has become fantastically simple to distribute through scores of online platforms. Video is a naturally brilliant tool for anything from brand promotion to simply sharing content within a community, and if you can create high-quality video and apply a professional touch, you’re certain to find an audience for it.
To create, edit and master digital video and achieve great-looking results depends not just on having a good quality camera, but also plenty of skills at using video editing software such as DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, or Adobe Premiere.
You also need a computer that’s powerful enough to run the software and not grind to a halt when working on more complex creations, which may involve multiple video clips, images, audio and snazzy effects.
When it comes to choosing a laptop for video editing, it’s fairly obvious that the most expensive, most powerful modern laptops will give you the most flexibility to create and edit complex video projects, including when rendered at 4K resolution.back to menu ↑
1.Apple MacBook Air
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance to tackle projects faster than ever
- Up to eight GPU cores with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Fanless design for silent operation
- 13.3-inch Retina display with P3 wide color for vibrant images and incredible detail
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
back to menu ↑
2.ASUS ROG Strix
- 15.6" FHD LED Display, 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity, Anti-glare Energy-efficient LED screen. No webcam
- Intel 9th Gen Core i7-9750H Processor, Ultra-low-voltage platform. Hexa-core, twelve-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- **[ Upgraded by CUE ]** 8GB DDR4 RAM, plenty of high-bandwidth to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 512G SSD Save files fast and store more data. With massive amounts of storage and advanced communication power, great for major gaming, multiple servers, backups, and more.
- RGB Backlit Keyboard, features a highlighted WASD key group, broader space bar, allows you to enjoy comfortable and accurate typing, even in dim lighting. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB dedicated Graphics memory. Smart Amp Audio, Stereo Speaker System.
- Windows 10 Home included. 3-cell Lithium-ion battery, 14.2" x 10.8" x 1.0", 5.3 lbs. 3 x USB Type-A 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x 3.5-mm headphone/microphone combo jack, 1 x LAN, 1 x HDMI 2.0 output expands your viewing options. Wireless-AC and Bluetooth, Black
back to menu ↑
- 13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge Non-Touch Display, Black Backlit English Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10510U Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.9 GHz, 4 cores)
- 8 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, Integrated RAM, 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid-State Drive, Widescreen HD (720p) 2.25mm webcam with 4 array digital microphones; Far Field Cortana capable
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2 x 2) and Bluetooth 5.1, Intel UHD Graphics with shared graphics memory, Platinum Silver with Black carbon fiber palmrest, Precision touchpad, seamless glass integrated button
- 1. Speaker | 2. 1 MicroSD card reader | 3. 1 USB-C 3.1 with power delivery & DisplayPort | 4. Headset jack | 5. Wedge-shaped lock slot | 6. 2 Thunderbolt 3 with power delivery & DisplayPort (4 lanes of PCI Express Gen 3) | 7. HD camera | 8. Battery gauge indicator | 9. Speaker
back to menu ↑
4.Apple MacBook Pro
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- 13.3" Retina LED Glossy 2560x1600 Display, Precision aluminum unibody enclosure, Mac OS X 10.9.4
- Intel Core i5-4278U 2.6GHz Dual Core Processor, 3.6GHz Max Turbo Frequency, 3MB L3 Cache
- 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM, 128 GB SSD Hard Drive, No optical drive, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics, Integrated audio with built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone, No Ethernet, 802.11ac WiFi, Built-in Bluetooth 4.0, Built-in 720p FaceTime HD camera
back to menu ↑
- Thin, light, and stylish – This 2-in-1 laptop weighs just 3.64 pounds and is only 0.82" thick. It's soft and comfortable to the touch, with a durable paint that creates a better user experience. Digital pen included
- The 10-point, 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen allows the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 laptop to be comfortable, fun, and easy to use. It's also great to look at, with 4-side narrow bezels
- The 360⁰ hinge lets you use your 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop in whatever mode works best for you; Use it in 'Laptop' mode for everyday computing, 'Tent' mode for sharing things, 'Stand' mode for binge-watching, or 'Tablet' mode for more intuitive interaction
- Enjoy up to 10 hours of battery life, plus quick charge to 80% in just 1 hour
- Powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, you have the performance to do more, from anywhere. With more cores, you'll experience responsiveness that leaps into action for productivity, gaming, and content creation
back to menu ↑
- 13.3 inch wide-view full-HD NanoEdge bezel display
- Intel Core i5-8265u processor (6M Cache, upto 3.9 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD and 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI, USB type C, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11AC) and Micro SD card reader (USB transfer speed may vary. Learn more at Asus website)
- Sleek and lightweight 2.5 pounds aluminum body for comfortable portability
- Windows 10 home pre-installed
back to menu ↑
- Display: 15.6 inches Fhd (1920 x 1080), IPS-Level 60Hz 45 percent ntsc thin Bezel 1920x1080 16:9
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650 [Max-Q] 4G GDDR5
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9750h 2.6 - 4.5GHz
- Memory: 16GB (8 gram x 2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets; Max memory 64GB
- Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
back to menu ↑
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor (Up to 3. 9GHz) 16GB LPDDR4X Memory 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 13.5" Acer VertiView 2K 2256 x 1504 Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Touch Display (3:2 aspect ratio) Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802. 11ax Backlit Keyboard fingerprint reader up to 15 hours battery life
- 2 - USB 3. 1 Type C port supporting USB 3. 1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps), DisplayPort over USB-C, Thunderbolt 3, USB Charging, DC-in, 2 - USB 3. 2 Gen 1 port (one featuring power-off charging) & 1 - HDMI 2. 0 port
- Co-Engineered for Mobile Performance by Intel and Acer Rechargeable Acer Active Stylus with Wacom AES 1. 0
back to menu ↑
- INSTANT GRATIFICATION – Experience a laptop with premium performance, so you can spend less time getting more done; it’s like a small PC that’s compact enough to go where you go with a long-lasting battery to power you through your day
- EPIC ENTERTAINMENT – With audio by B&O, a larger screen-to-body ratio, and a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edged screen to maximize your view, entertainment on your laptop feels like bringing the theater home (1)
- IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICS – The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a new level of graphics performance with crisp, stunning visuals, plus the convenience of a thin and light laptop (2)
- UNSTOPPABLE PERFORMANCE – Get things done fast with the 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor, which delivers instant responsiveness and best-in-class connectivity (3)
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – Enjoy up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage (4) and experience improved multitasking with higher bandwidth thanks to 16 GB of RAM
- WORK ON THE GO – Get work done on the go with a long battery life of up to 8 hours (5) while HP Fast Charge lets you go from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes (6)
- OS AND WARRANTY – Do more with better peace of mind thanks to the HP 1-year limited hardware warranty and the seamlessly integrated Windows 10 Pro operating system (7)
- EFFORTLESSLY CONNECTED – Enjoy a smoother wireless experience with Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) (8) and Bluetooth 5.0 combo (9), all your connections are solid and up to 3x faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5 (10)
- FULL-SIZE KEYBOARD – Work comfortably with a full-sized keyboard, integrated numeric pad, and a Precision Touchpad
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY – Stay energy-efficient and sustainable with a laptop that is Energy Star certified (11), EPEAT Silver registered (12), and built with a low halogen display (13)
back to menu ↑
10.HP – OMEN
- 15.6" diagonal FHD, 144 Hz, IPS, anti-glare, micro-edge, WLED-backlit, 300 nits, 72% NTSC (1920 x 1080), AMD Ryzen 7 4800H (2.9 GHz base clock, up to 4.3 GHz max boost clock, 4 MB L2 cache, 8 cores)
- 512GB SSD, 8GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM
- 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C 5Gbps signaling rate (DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (HP Sleep and Charge); 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 Mini DisplayPort; 1 HDMI 2.0a; 1 RJ-45; 1 AC smart pin; 1 headphone/microphone combo, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Graphics
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 200 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo, Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN
- HP Wide Vision HD camera with integrated dual array digital microphone, Windows 10 Home
back to menu ↑
Best Video Editing Laptop Under 1000 – BUYER’S GUIDE
We’ve selected 10 of our top-rated models for video editing below. Some are gaming laptops, others are mobile workstations, and there are even a few thin-and-light models. Any of them should be powerful enough for at least casual editing, and some are muscled-up enough for major editing tasks.
Ultimately, how much you’ll have to budget depends on whether you’re only using your video-editing laptop for quick work in the field, or whether you plan to bring it back to the studio, plug it in, and use it as your primary machine. If you’re going the former route, you’ll also want to take a look at our best desktops when it comes time to upgrade your main rig. If you’re choosing the latter, you might want to familiarize yourself with our list of best gaming laptops, one of which may offer the power—especially the heftier CPU—you need for marathon editing sessions on deadline night. Color-precise screens tend not to be their forte, but good gaming laptops tend to have many of the same traits you need in a good video editing laptopback to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a laptop under $1,000 any good?
Of course! As we said in the introduction, you’ll want to be careful when buying a budget laptop to be sure that the manufacturer hasn’t cut a corner that you care about. But frankly, the same is true for premium laptops — you can spend over $2,000 and get a laptop that won’t meet your needs if you don’t carefully identify what’s important to you.
In the world of cars, the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla have been two of the best-selling cars for some time now, and for good reason. They’re affordable, safe, provide decent performance, and won’t break the bank when it comes to maintenance. If you’re looking for basic transportation, then you can’t go wrong with either of these options.
The same principle applies to budget laptops. You won’t get a new Ferrari at a new Honda Civic price, but if what you need is good performance and reliability at an affordable price, then our list proves that you can get quite a bit of computer for well under $1,000.
The choice depends on what kinds of tasks are important to you. We suggest that you check out our Windows, MacOS, and Chrome OS buyer’s guide, which goes over the differences between each operating system and some of the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Chances are, if you’re looking for a laptop that’s less than $1,000, then you won’t be looking at a Mac unless you’re willing to buy the base MacBook Air model. That leaves a choice between Windows and Chrome OS, which is primarily a question of what software you need to run.
If you want the widest selection of software across most categories, then Windows will be your best bet. If you just need to browse the web, run simple productivity apps, and can get away with Android equivalents, then Chrome OS could work.
There are more choices now than ever. You can stick with Intel and get Ice Lake or Comet Lake 10th-generation Core i7 CPUs in laptops that are under our $1,000 threshold. On the flip side, AMD now has a very competitive platform in its Ryzen 4000 series CPUs.
If you want to go well under $1,000, you can get a very fast Ryzen chip or an Intel Core i5, both of which are highly capable processors that will churn through most productivity tasks without hesitation — but the AMD Ryzen will be much faster overall. You can also enjoy good battery life with any of these CPUs.
If you buy a Chromebook, then you can get away with a slower processor, such as an Intel Core i3 or Pentium processor. And, chances are, you won’t find many laptops with Core i7 processors in this price range. That leaves the Core i5 and AMD Ryzen 5 as the most logical — and available — processor choices for budget laptops.
The sweet spot for memory — for any laptop, really, not just budget machines — is 8GB. We answer the question of “how much RAM do I need” in more detail in our buyer’s guide, but whether you’re running Windows, MacOS, or even the more lightweight Chrome OS, 8GB will provide you with plenty of headroom for multitasking and more complex applications. If you want to do some gaming or video editing in your off-hours, though, 16GB wouldn’t hurt.
Many budget laptops include integrated graphics, traditionally some variation of Intel’s UHD Graphics technology built into its Core CPU. This means that even the most basic laptop can run older games, though they’ll be low res, while still managing your other daily tasks. However, if you’re willing to consider AMD, you’ll get improved performance over Intel’s integrated options.
We’ve included budget laptops with acceptable graphics on our list. These will provide a much better gaming, and content-creation experience than Intel’s integrated graphics can manage. If you’re willing to settle for 1080p and lower graphical details, you can get some real gaming done with a few of them.
Can I afford a laptop with a 4K display?
If your budget is less than $1,000, you probably won’t be able to buy a laptop with a 4K display. It’s worth noting that it was challenging to locate Full HD displays under this price until recently. Your average laptop on a budget won’t have the battery strength it needs to support a 4K display. The display would drain your battery immediately, so you’d have to be always charging it, which defeats the purpose of having a laptop.
If you don’t want to fork over the money now, wait for a little while. 4K and batteries adequately supporting this resolution will become the baseline specs seen with today’s Full HD-based laptopsback to menu ↑
If you’re itching to turn your great ideas into a video but can’t afford the most powerful video editing laptops, we’ve got you covered, with some great recommendations for video editing on a budget
In this guide, we’ve come up with some recommendations of fantastic video editing laptops under $1000, proving that you can still get great results without breaking the bank.